Sign in to follow this  
Peter

Midfield Recruits

Possible additions to midfield for next season:

Dickson Etuhu if Preston dont go up and Francis leaves.

Johnnie Jackson (Tottenham)

Sidwell Reading probably too expensive, but may have Francis money.

Bullard but Wigan to go up probably.

Koumas would he come ?

Would also like both left and right midfield, still unsure if Jonson will stay and if good enough, oh for a Disco Dale or Ruel.  Hucks presumably will fit left middle or be accomodated there.

I am sure there are other suggestions you can make!

Transfer fees may be an issue. Anyone know of any quality midfielders coming up for Bosman transfers in the summer?(with the exception of our own Mr Mulryne of course)

I thnk it would be wise to look for Premiership midfielders who haven''t made it at their big club.  Players like Jonnie Jackson, Richie Partridge etc.  Sidwell used to be at Arsenal and it doing very well at Reading.  I''m sure there are plenty of talented youngsters who aren''t good enough to get into the Man Utd, Chelski, Liverpool, Newcastle, Arsenal etc first team and would be prepared to come to us to get first team football 

Hmmm.

There''s this ex Man Utd player, talented ball player, eye for a pass, great with dead balls who''s coming up on a free.

His name is Phil.

[quote]Hmmm. There''s this ex Man Utd player, talented ball player, eye for a pass, great with dead balls who''s coming up on a free. His name is Phil.[/quote]

I thought we were looking to make the squad stronger not weaker?

been looking at names mentioned think koumas would  be a really good proposition. think he could really be the part but am a bit confused as to why he doesent get in at albion under two managers who he has been under.think something doesent add up here.the other player i really like is sidwell works his socks off but also got a fair amount of skill and class and likes to get in box and score goals. lets go for both this is where the engine room is after all all top clubs have good midfielders

been looking at names mentioned think koumas would  be a really good proposition. think he could really be the part but am a bit confused as to why he doesent get in at albion under two managers who he has been under.think something doesent add up here.the other player i really like is sidwell works his socks off but also got a fair amount of skill and class and likes to get in box and score goals. lets go for both this is where the engine room is after all all top clubs have good midfielders