Sign in to follow this  
tom cavendish

Craig Bellamy?

[quote user="Wes Hoolahan da giant"]no not on the wages he is on[/quote]BW did u forget to change what user you were signed in on?

[quote user="tom cavendish"]Reports are that Cardiff want Craig Bellamy on a free transfer. Anyone think that he would be a good signing for Norwich?

[/quote]Back to your question. I think he would be a good signing if we were willing to break our wage budget. I''m sure we could get him for 60K a week, which would be affordable on a free, depending on signing-on fee demanded, but i don''t think he''s good enough to justify paying so much more than the rest of our team - it would just lead to problems within the squad.

[quote user="priceyrice"][quote user="tom cavendish"]Reports are that Cardiff want Craig Bellamy on a free transfer. Anyone think that he would be a good signing for Norwich?

[/quote]

Back to your question. I think he would be a good signing if we were willing to break our wage budget. I''m sure we could get him for 60K a week, which would be affordable on a free, depending on signing-on fee demanded, but i don''t think he''s good enough to justify paying so much more than the rest of our team - it would just lead to problems within the squad.
[/quote]

I might be wronge but paying wages like that would not only cause problems, but also slow down the process of any ground expansion plans, If one player is on that much the rest will be after increases in pay, so no, just lets keep the lid on it

I wish people would understand that what is at stake at raising our wages for one player is much more than what that would actually cost the club.If we pay Bellamy £60k it would seriously p155 off the other players who are on a fraction of that causing unrest. Secondly it''d c0ck up any future transfer targets. If we''re approaching player Joe Bloggs and he knows that are top earner is Grant Holt on £20k a year after fighting tooth and nail to get that deal Joe Bloggs isn''t going to expect any more than that. But if Joe Bloggs knows Bellamy is on £60k he''ll want something relative.

His heart is in Cardiff that''s why he would sign for them. He is highly unlikely to move right across the country to play for us.

[quote user="AndyCanary"]I wish people would understand that what is at stake at raising our wages for one player is much more than what that would actually cost the club.If we pay Bellamy £60k it would seriously p155 off the other players who are on a fraction of that causing unrest. Secondly it''d c0ck up any future transfer targets. If we''re approaching player Joe Bloggs and he knows that are top earner is Grant Holt on £20k a year after fighting tooth and nail to get that deal Joe Bloggs isn''t going to expect any more than that. But if Joe Bloggs knows Bellamy is on £60k he''ll want something relative.

[/quote]1. I wish people would understand that we are now playing in the Premier League which is extremely tough and hard for us not to be relegated. Staying up this season is even more important than ever because the next TV income deal is enormous and we don''t want to get relegated and miss out.2. 99% of players will choose the club that offers them the most money. NCFC would still only offer players what NCFC think they are worth NOT what the player thinks he is worth.3. Bellamy probably is worth £60k a week for a season if on a free transfer and if he might be the difference between staying-up or relegation.4. I think a front 2 of Holt and Bellamy would be an excellent combination. Bellamy can also play out wide.5. Bellamy still speaks very highly of Norwich and his time at the club.

[quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="AndyCanary"]I wish people would understand that what is at stake at raising our wages for one player is much more than what that would actually cost the club.If we pay Bellamy £60k it would seriously p155 off the other players who are on a fraction of that causing unrest. Secondly it''d c0ck up any future transfer targets. If we''re approaching player Joe Bloggs and he knows that are top earner is Grant Holt on £20k a year after fighting tooth and nail to get that deal Joe Bloggs isn''t going to expect any more than that. But if Joe Bloggs knows Bellamy is on £60k he''ll want something relative.

[/quote]1. I wish people would understand that we are now playing in the Premier League which is extremely tough and hard for us not to be relegated. Staying up this season is even more important than ever because the next TV income deal is enormous and we don''t want to get relegated and miss out.2. 99% of players will choose the club that offers them the most money. NCFC would still only offer players what NCFC think they are worth NOT what the player thinks he is worth.3. Bellamy probably is worth £60k a week for a season if on a free transfer and if he might be the difference between staying-up or relegation.4. I think a front 2 of Holt and Bellamy would be an excellent combination. Bellamy can also play out wide.5. Bellamy still speaks very highly of Norwich and his time at the club.[/quote]Good points and for the most part I agree. However, I think our strategy of finding quality up and coming players has served us well and it also kind of locks us into that strategy for the future. At least for the short term future. We can''t mix low paid (relatively) up and coming players with high paid players who are past their best, it''s a recipe for problems. I''d rather see us go for bigger marque up and coming players (e.g. Jordan Rhodes) than to take the ''QPR esque'' jump to big namers passed their best (e.g. Bellamy).

[quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="AndyCanary"]I wish people would understand that what is at stake at raising our wages for one player is much more than what that would actually cost the club.If we pay Bellamy £60k it would seriously p155 off the other players who are on a fraction of that causing unrest. Secondly it''d c0ck up any future transfer targets. If we''re approaching player Joe Bloggs and he knows that are top earner is Grant Holt on £20k a year after fighting tooth and nail to get that deal Joe Bloggs isn''t going to expect any more than that. But if Joe Bloggs knows Bellamy is on £60k he''ll want something relative.

[/quote]1. I wish people would understand that we are now playing in the Premier League which is extremely tough and hard for us not to be relegated. Staying up this season is even more important than ever because the next TV income deal is enormous and we don''t want to get relegated and miss out. I don''t think Andy was saying that he didn''t want us to stay up. He is stating that unrest caused by big money signings could affect the club harmony and make relegation more likely. I think he has a valid point.2. 99% of players will choose the club that offers them the most money. NCFC would still only offer players what NCFC think they are worth NOT what the player thinks he is worth. I would hope that would be the case, but the potential disruption of upsetting a delicate wage structure would have to be factored into the equation. Norwich are in less of a position to take financial risks than other clubs (including probably Cardiff due to the takeover), and so other clubs would offer more to him, I''m sure. While he may have some emotional links to the club, he probably doesn''t have much contact with people in the region unlike in Cardiff where he will have all his friends and family.3. Bellamy probably is worth £60k a week for a season if on a free transfer and if he might be the difference between staying-up or relegation. See answer to question one. He didn''t prove enough to be the difference between going up and staying down at Cardiff last time.4. I think a front 2 of Holt and Bellamy would be an excellent combination. Bellamy can also play out wide. Agreed!! (unless they fell out - 2 big egos there!!)5. Bellamy still speaks very highly of Norwich and his time at the club. I can''t recall him ever saying anything of the sort. Not disputing this, just saying that I can''t recollect it.[/quote]

[/quote]1. I wish people would understand that we are now playing in the Premier League which is extremely tough and hard for us not to be relegated. Staying up this season is even more important than ever because the next TV income deal is enormous and we don''t want to get relegated and miss out. I don''t think Andy was saying that he didn''t want us to stay up. He is stating that unrest caused by big money signings could affect the club harmony and make relegation more likely. I think he has a valid point.2. 99% of players will choose the club that offers them the most money. NCFC would still only offer players what NCFC think they are worth NOT what the player thinks he is worth. I would hope that would be the case, but the potential disruption of upsetting a delicate wage structure would have to be factored into the equation. Norwich are in less of a position to take financial risks than other clubs (including probably Cardiff due to the takeover), and so other clubs would offer more to him, I''m sure. While he may have some emotional links to the club, he probably doesn''t have much contact with people in the region unlike in Cardiff where he will have all his friends and family.3. Bellamy probably is worth £60k a week for a season if on a free transfer and if he might be the difference between staying-up or relegation. See answer to question one. He didn''t prove enough to be the difference between going up and staying down at Cardiff last time.4. I think a front 2 of Holt and Bellamy would be an excellent combination. Bellamy can also play out wide. Agreed!! (unless they fell out - 2 big egos there!!)5. Bellamy still speaks very highly of Norwich and his time at the club. I can''t recall him ever saying anything of the sort. Not disputing this, just saying that I can''t recollect it.[/quote]

I wouldn''t mind CB as long as his wages weren''t disruptive.

Whether or not he would be disruptive also needs taking into account, as he has had a chequered past in some ways. It does not strike me as a typical Lambert signing, but Lambert has gone and CH will have his own ways. Bellamy does seem to have settled down a bit in recent years and he is a super player on his day. 

I remember reading somewhere that Bellamy is actually a model pro as far as health, fitness and training goes. I found it quite hard to believe at the time as he was the bad boy of the sport before Joey Barton took his role.I can see him going to Cardiff. Remember he went there before on loan from Man City and when we played them at CR he didn''t seem to show any affection to us. I also remember him stating to the press before hand that he wouldn''t show us any affection.

I''d love Bellamy to sign.

I was going to say, if Cardiff want him, he can''t be wanting that much. But then remembered there silly re-branding, and they are probably now loaded, and Bellamy is exactly the kind of player they want to sign to get fans on their side.

To be honest, it would be up to Bellamy, I imagine he''ll have to take a slight wage cut (unless he goes to China or the US). It just depends on wether he wants premiership football, and still ranks us highly enough to decide to join here. We won''t want to pay him a ridiculously high amount, at risk of upsetting other players. I imagine a appearance bonus could be the biggest part of his contract if he stays in the Prem.

[quote user="tom cavendish"]Reports are that Cardiff want Craig Bellamy on a free transfer. Anyone think that he would be a good signing for Norwich?

[/quote]

Whether or not we can afford him isn''t the point. I''d say the most important question to answer is would we want such a horrible little arrogant toe-rag playing here. Personally I''d say no, steer well clear.

Wages are not a problem. Just pay him a big signing on fee instead to compensate, and that is affordable as no transfer fee involved. 

Why do people feel as soon as someone on this board agrees with something i have said that it must be me as another profile. I am only here to promote the BW Corporation nothing else. Wes da giant is not me and no other profile is me but BW.

[quote user="BW"]Why do people feel as soon as someone on this board agrees with something i have said that it must be me as another profile. I am only here to promote the BW Corporation nothing else. Wes da giant is not me and no other profile is me but BW.[/quote]

And so says Boy Warnokled

I''ve only just got over the frustration of him being amazing then injured then banned then injured again seemingly on rotation the last time he was here!

[quote user="lake district canary"]

Let him go to Cardiff.   He''s a Welsh boy, Norwich is way in his past - and too far east.

[/quote]You don''t know until you ask. He might well prefer his son to be in

Norfolk (safest county in the whole country) rather than Cardiff.

[quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="lake district canary"]

Let him go to Cardiff.   He''s a Welsh boy, Norwich is way in his past - and too far east.

[/quote]

You don''t know until you ask. He might well prefer his son to be in Norfolk (safest county in the whole country) rather than Cardiff.

[/quote]

Fair enough, but I wouldn''t want him back anyway.   He wouldn''t get into the team.......................................

[quote user="djc"]Its a no from me.

He''s 32, - That''s too old![/quote]Better tell Mcnally to rip up that 3 year contact for Grant then!

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="lake district canary"]

[/quote]You don''t know until you ask. He might well prefer his son to be in Norfolk (safest county in the whole country) rather than Cardiff.

[/quote]

Fair enough, but I wouldn''t want him back anyway.   He wouldn''t get into the team.......................................

[/quote]No defence in the Premier League would fancy playing against Holt & Bellamy, or Morison & Bellamy, or Holt & Morison with Bellamy on the wing. If we signed Bellamy then we wouldn''t need to sign a striker and a wide player, so signing him could actually save the club some money.