Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

The biggest budget any Norwich manager has ever had.

I can see where Wiz is coming from, 2005-2006 I beilieve!

But to be fair Whittaker is on a free and good signing as an addition for cover at both right and left back....Given we have Martin and Tireney I think that would free up the funds to buy Noughton as we have not had to spend on additional cover for the departing Drury. Given this fact I think it''s a good signing.

I believe we will be signing another very talented youngster in Butterfiled, so we wiill have two very promising youngsters in Howson and butterfield and Hoolahan all able to play a support attacking role! Not much of a gamble even with his injury, as we will only pay a token amount to Barnsley. Again a good piecce of business and free''s up transfer budget for that big holding midfielder I think we lack.

Last I know when you look back to 2005-2006 we felt short changed by the club, all that prudence and ambition rubbish but things have changed Wiz, I am going to hold back my judgement until the 14th August and see who Hughton has signed, then we can make a better call on if the club have short changed us again!

As for Holt, I for one now would like to see him sold to show that we can move forward without key players and they with thier agent will not hold Norwich to ransom every year! 6 million is a fair sum even if it is 4 milliion up front hughton will bring in a younger replacement.

Time will tell but I can see the sense in getting in free agents to cover positions to free up funds for the better players out there. We need a squad and cover in all areas.

Welcome To NCFC Mr Whittaker and Mr butterfield.

First of all, just to mention, that despite this being my first post I have been a regular reader of this forum for many years, and a supporter of our great club for 47 years. I don''t know why exactly I have decided to start posting on here after all this time, but today is the day.....and my first response is partly in defence of Wiz who I know from his occasional postings on the message board that I am a regular on.  

I think this is a valid concern from Wiz, it''s just very different to some others opinion, and certainly doesnt deserve the abuse that some like to dish out to Wiz on a regular basis on here....aah, that''s probably why I havnt posted on here before.....oh, and the Spelling Police dropping in occasionally...no cant be that because they can just fcuk off (joke, before you try and get me banned after just one post).

But seriously, whilst I do not agree fully with this particular view from Wiz, I certainly also felt after the Holt affair and at the time of the PL departure that something was not quite right at our great club. But, since then I have generally changed my view on this with the signing of Hughton and certainly I dont see the recent signing of a player from Rangers on a freebie as an indication of how much transfer budget there is this season. My guess is that we will splash decent cash where appropriate, but free transfers these days are no indication of any players true value, just a contractural situation!

What I guess is that it''s not as tight as Wiz is suggesting, but not as high as some others have suggested.

Anyway, a bit of an average post from me for my first one, but the message I wanted to get over was that from outside looking in it appears at times that Wiz is the victim of Message Board Bullying.....regardless of some of the off the wall views he has......alternative views, that''s all they are and he is entitled to his opinion like we all are.      

I look foward to putting my penneth in on a regular basis OTBC

Wiz a victim of message board bullying? LMFAO!!!! If he said something positive for a change and STUCK to it instead of flip flopping people wouldnt treat him with such contempt!!!! He changes opinions more times than the weather in this country!!! Strewth!!

Why would we announce to the world that we have money to spend if we didn''t, makes no sense at all.

I have no reason at all to not believe we have money to spend, I actually think we made these comments as a dig at Lambert having minimal extra funds at Villa (but a bigger wage structure) whereas in the past we pretty much haven''t said anything about finance to not unnecessarily increase the transfer fees

Hughton is back from holiday now I think and we should start to see some movement on the transfer front

As for the people we have been linked with, we are keeping a similar vein from previous years which has stood us in good stead. I don''t see the issue with this myself, do you want us to sh*t all our budget up the wall on 1 player? In 2/3 years we can start spending bigger fees for players but we still have to wheel & deal at present

In addition, it isn''t as if anyone is setting the world alight smashing money all over this transfer window yet...seriously, who has signed anyone in the Prem for a fee? I bet at least half of the Prem haven''t made one signing yet

I''m waiting for "Messi signs for NCFC" ... some people on here would be saying "well we haven''t got Xavi or Iniesta so it''s not the same", seriously people need to learn patience and man up

There''s something I just don''t understand here. No, I understand why Wiz feels the need to keep digging out managers he hasn''t seen in action at our club. I understand why he has to knock players who''ve just come in. I even understand that every new post, every new thread has to have some subtle dig at the board and (God bless her) Delia.

What I don''t understand is why Wiz thinks this is the binner''s forum.

1. I don''t give a flying toss what some of you think of me, I post for myself, not to keep you lot happy.

2. Holloway was quite a popular choice for our new manager, both on here and on an Archant survey.

3. I have actively supported City, home and away since 1957, so why would I go a scum site other than to gloat about City''s superior football?

4. Hi Mark, hope all is well with you, thanks for your understanding. 

[quote user="Wiz"]

1. I don''t give a flying toss what some of you think of me, I post for myself, not to keep you lot happy.

[/quote]

I know you post for the attention, so what?

[quote user="Wiz"]

2. Holloway was quite a popular choice for our new manager, both on here and on an Archant survey.

[/quote]

Show me some positive posts you made about him then.

[quote user="Wiz"]

3. I have actively supported City, home and away since 1957, so why would I go a scum site other than to gloat about City''s superior football?

[/quote]

Wearing a bit thin this man and boy stuff, who cares? Seeing as you''re enjoying it so much have you ever considered taking up something more suited to your character. Like mass murder?

[quote user="Ruddygore"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

I know you post for the attention, so what?

[quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

Show me some positive posts you made about him then.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

Wearing a bit thin this man and boy stuff, who cares? Seeing as you''re enjoying it so much have you ever considered taking up something more suited to your character. Like mass murder?

[/quote]Oh dear me

We all know Wiz likes a moan but pack in the nasty stuff towards him will you?

Wiz is one of the key personalities of this board; some of whom no longer post; so moderate it a bit will you.

And yes, I know you can stand up for yourself, Wiz but this is just my point of view.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]We all know Wiz likes a moan but pack in the nasty stuff towards him will you? Wiz is one of the key personalities of this board; some of whom no longer post; so moderate it a bit will you. And yes, I know you can stand up for yourself, Wiz but this is just my point of view.[/quote]

probably cos he still does [:D]

Whatever you think of Wiz''s opinions, his age is irrelevant. Making ''lighthearted'' remarks about his colour, gender or sexuality would be rightly jumped on, so why is it OK to laugh at his age?

Whatever you think of Wiz''s opinions, his age is irrelevant. Making ''lighthearted'' remarks about his colour, gender or sexuality would be rightly jumped on, so why is it OK to laugh at his age?

Wiz, when I first joined, you had such optimistic hopes? what happened to you? it''s like we''ve been sent to L2

I think Lambert wanted to move too fast for the board. he probably wanted to play a risky game, and the board probably wanted one more season of success before we start playing Russian rullett. we will see what happens, but I have a feeling we will see a 4-6+m purchase in the form of a forward or midfielder soon. I don''t have insider information, and I don''t know who. just a gut feeling. take that as you will (which is probably bad.)

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Whatever you think of Wiz''s opinions, his age is irrelevant. Making ''lighthearted'' remarks about his colour, gender or sexuality would be rightly jumped on, so why is it OK to laugh at his age?[/quote]Personally I hadn''t made any "light" remarks about his age, I expect I am in the same bracket as Wiz but following calling our owner old and frail I would have thought he''s opened the door himself, criticising others would be a bit hypocritical.http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/2748120/ShowPost.aspxI wouldn''t normally comment on his endlessly boring attitude of "I don''t care, I''ll say what I want" but he has reached that level now of sucking the sweat of dead men''s balls with his constant negativity that if he finds himself getting stick (which he doesn''t mind btw) why should anyone else give one?This latest round of criticising a new manager, new players and implying that the board are lying takes the biscuit imo. In any case, he perversely loves the attention.

I think some people on here have short memories or only started supporting Norwich over the last 3 years.

I get where Wiz is coming form but I believe he has jumped into his assumptions a bit too soon, after only one signing.

I will defend him on Delia’s performance since 1996, we have not had it good, there was a time in 2010 where I believe had the club had the same make up of supporters as back in 1995, the current board would have seen the same as Chase did those years ago.

As many on here I was there through the Chase days and now the Delia days, but I have noticed that our support base has changed, we have more families coming and us older supporters can’t be moved for change unless really pushed and third division football with near administration was as bad as anything Chase ever lead us to.

This is all history, we have Bowkett and MacNally here running things and I have nothing but respect and trust in the way they have helped to steer the board and the club to where we are now.

So I can sort of see why Wiz has a downer on our lovely Delia.

But this is all history, Lambert left because he wanted to and always was going to Wiz, so you can’t blame the board for lack of funds. Lambert had made his mind up pre Liverpool home match, the club kept it quiet, but they knew he was about to depart. But what’s your problem with Hughton, this is a brilliant replacement, great manager by all accounts, liked by all, so give him the chance to show how good he is.

I would have hated Holloway here, he is a manager that all fans like but not at their club. He’s an OK manager but failed to keep Blackpool up and failed to bring them back up too.

Let’s see where we are come August Wiz, only after we have all the players in can we see if this has been as poor summer or not.

Whittaker is a sound replacement for Drury, so look at it like a free swap if you like, no risk.

All good stuff Indy, of course there have been bad times and good but there''s one major difference between you and all of us who have been around for those years and Wiz:-

Why isn''t our every post and new thread a negative experience about our owner, our board, our new manager and a.n.other new player?

I just think it''s in Wiz''s mnake up. his glass has been half empty since Delia messed up in 2005 and we were relegated from the Prem that time!

I can understand how he doesn''t trust some of the board, but I have nothing but respect to where we are now and can''t wait to see the players come in.

Maybe one day Wiz will wake up and look at his glass as being half full

[quote user="Indy"]

I just think it''s in Wiz''s mnake up. his glass has been half empty since Delia messed up in 2005 and we were relegated from the Prem that time!

I can understand how he doesn''t trust some of the board, but I have nothing but respect to where we are now and can''t wait to see the players come in.

Maybe one day Wiz will wake up and look at his glass as being half full

[/quote]

Many thanks Indy, what you say is of course correct, I have a long memory of previous damn right lies and let downs from past board members etc, so is it any wonder I find trusting so difficult to do.

I trusted Paul Lambert!

Thanks to Rudolf H and others for their kind understanding in this...........I am very grateful.

You''re welcome to keep posting your opinions as far as I''m concerned, Wiz. I may not agree with everything you say, but then again I do not agree with everything that anybody says and this is a free and open Norwich City forum, and so all thoughts and points of view may be expressed relating to that topic, so long as they are not sexist or racist.

People seem to love Wiz-baiting. If you don''t like what he writes, merely ignore his threads or do not contribute to them. As to the charges of attention-seeking, don''t a lot of posters do that?

[quote user="Farewell Lambo"]

You''re welcome to keep posting your opinions as far as I''m concerned, Wiz. I may not agree with everything you say, but then again I do not agree with everything that anybody says and this is a free and open Norwich City forum, and so all thoughts and points of view may be expressed relating to that topic, so long as they are not sexist or racist.

People seem to love Wiz-baiting. If you don''t like what he writes, merely ignore his threads or do not contribute to them. As to the charges of attention-seeking, don''t a lot of posters do that?

[/quote]

Huzzah! Nail on head, spot on,  persaxtly.

Good call Lambo.[Y]

If anyone attention seeks on a forum, you need to take a long hard look at yourself. I''m always amazed at the amount of attention seeking accusations thrown around. Why would anyone want attention from a bunch of strangers on the internet?

And Wiz, just addressing one of your points, about our ''transfer targets'' I assume your referring to the rumours, and you haven''t got access to Hughton and his scouting teams real list of transfer targets?

Rumours mean little, so many are made up complete, and many more are heavily exaggerated. Some of the made up/exaggerated ones may end up happening, just because they are logical. But I personally don''t remember many rumours about Whittaker? Or Howson in Jan, or Bennett in Jan, or any of our signings last summer.

Keep on posting Wiz what you think, you wind people up, me included with this post, but its a freeway to debate and exchanges of views which is welcome!

Back to what you''ve been saying...

You "trusted" Paul Lambert. But what did he ever say to any of us, at any time, to win that trust and make us all think he''d be with us for the long term?

Trust is usually a two way thing-I can''t see how you can place trust in someone you don''t know to carry out something in the way you expect/respect if there isn''t some sort of mutual accord involved. If Paul Lambert had knocked on your door one night, sat down with you over a nice malt and said "Wiz, believe me, I want to stay here for the next five years at least, I am committed her and to my club, Norwich City" -then you might have had grounds to trust him to keep his word-and, accordingly, feel it had been broken when he upped and left.

But he didn''t-so how did he earn that trust?

They used to have "Never trust a hippy" printed on T Shirts-I''d say "Never trust anyone in football"-we would have had it thrown back at us before, have, and will do again.

For that reason I don''t "trust" Hughton (I don''t distrust him either) -I''d rather back and support him and have an element of faith (though some would say thats the same as trust) in his judgement and ability. But IHWHAEOFIHJAA is a bit long winded!!

Lets comment on signings when they''re made and players when they''ve played a dozen games or so-unless your name is Theoklitos!

Tick Toc Tick Toc.

Still see no evidence to contradict my theory, unless we add some striking class up front we''re going to be in trouble.

[quote user="baldyboy"]you would love it if we struggle wouldn''t you? You aint a fan at all!!!
[/quote]

On the contary baldy, real fans don''t bury their heads in the sand like you do, we show real concern, not just blind obeience

and where have I buried my head in the sand? Just because the club aint banging 5 million pounds on every player you think they have no money!! What you seem to have forgotten is that other clubs have multi millionaires and billionaires we dont, and it is early days in the window yet!! You have to consider wagees when signing players too, which comes out of the budget also. We have unearthed some great players on the cheap in the last couple of years so whose to say we can''t again? I dont want us to end up like Portsmouth, something which it would appear from all your negativity you are wanting to happen just so you can slag Delia off a bit more!! I am not her biggest fan, BUT I will admit that she has got us out of a big hole in the not so distant past so you would do well to remember that and just for ONCE post something positive, after all i can remember you getting quite nasty about Holt, or as you called him fatty, yet now he has signed his deal you are not retracting what you said or are you? I wasn''t happy with what holt did but at no time did I call him fatty or other names unlike you. that is the sort of thing that gets to people, same as all through the last few years you have been banging on about Lambert being God etc then bang he is a paryah, again dont agree with what he did but wasnt totally unexpected, come to think of it what you write on here isnt unexpected either given how you flip and flop with your views.