Sign in to follow this  
Ivan Easter

Captain for Next Season

Why should Holt retain the captaincy after asking for a transfer? By asking for a transfer indicates he doesnt want to be at the Club anymore and as that is the case I believe he should not retain the captaincy. It should be given to a player that does want to play for this great club!!! Such as Howson or Russell Martin or Hoolahan.

[quote user="fellowyellow"]

Elliot Ward..............?

[/quote]if he gets anywhere near a pitch next season i will weep!

Howson / Holt if he wants to earn it back. Hoolahan / Russ weren''t vocal enough last season when starting, and played to a below-par when doing so

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/587498254?-11057Jonny Howson for me, the lad makes some very good points and sounds like he wants to grab the bull by the horns.

Would it be a good move to strip the captaincy from Holty? Where has his captaincy ever failed us and when has he let us down?

You forget, young master nutty, that Holt''s 3 month injury in 2009 caused us to go into administration, something Delia''s failure to sell the club to Lotus cars has compounded so we have had to spend almost all last year''s £75m income on compensating Birmingham.

Far from being captain I think Grant Holt should be made to play at the back instead of prancing about up front. Our new signing Curtis Davies should be made captain in my opinion.

That is from someone who watches the games from the Wensum stand, as my family will confirm.

Most preferred - Holtif not - Russell Martinpreferably next - Fox, Hoolahanpreferably not - Ruddy, Howsondefinitely not - Ward, R Bennett

Difficult one- I have always been a fan of Holt, and all that he has done on and off the field, but I am not sure about the captaincy. I think that I''ll leave it to CH, who is sensitive to mood among the squad.

If there is a change, I think that Howson would do the job well.

I think Holty will keep it. He is the presence at Colney and on game day.I do think we can look at Howson very soon however. I do not believe Hoolahan is a good captain, Russel Martin.... well again if we signed Naughton or another player in that position I would expect Martin to be cover.So for me it is Holty right now.

Can you have a captain that has blackmailed the club all summer long ? Russell Martin seems a perfect pro lets give it to him .