Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Hertha Berlin game in Gleisdorf, Austria

Anyone booked up or planning to go to this game? Flights to Graz and Vienna are fairly pricey now. Fly to Bratislava and car hire or train sounds a plan...

I have been looking this morning at Graz, too much for me! Will now have a look at Bratislava as I would very much like to be there. The preseason tour does not seem to include the fans anymore, which is a shame as we had started to get a bit of a following.

[quote user="52canary"]I have been looking this morning at Graz, too much for me! Will now have a look at Bratislava as I would very much like to be there. The preseason tour does not seem to include the fans anymore, which is a shame as we had started to get a bit of a following.[/quote]

Just booked Bratislava for £90 rtn. Thurs-Sun. Let me know if you''re interested in car hire share.

[quote user="hairycanary"]where did you book the flights for so cheap i might be up for it?[/quote]

Ryanair.com from Stansted. Flights from Luton as well.

Are you sure the match doesn''t clash with the Gleisdorf Invitational Tiddlywinks Championship?  I''ve heard it''s a massive event and the match may have to be moved....

I used to live & work in Graz. I loved the place. You''d''ve thought they''d at least get to play at Sturm Graz'' stadium actually in Graz. Gleisdorf''s stadium doesn''t seem very big at all, so i''m not that bothered about not going. However, those that do and have transport I suggest Schwarzlsee or Strassgang for a good outdoor swim !!And Aioloa & Mary Magdalena in Graz for somewhere to eat & drink.

Thanks K Lo.   It''s looking likely I''ll be driving from Bratislava. Any suggestions of things to do/see between there and Graz. Been to Vienna before so will avoid there.

The city centre itself is truly beautiful but then, if you''ve been to Vienna, you''d guess it was. Two main squares connected by one long, wide road with trams trundling up & down all day; Hauptplatz & Jakominiplatz (the two squares). It''s a short walk to the river, which is picturesque and Haupplatz is also near the Schlossberg; a mini mountain in the city centre!! It''s a good walk up to the top (there''s also a lift & a train) and your calfs will ache but there are stunning views at the top and a few bars/restaurants too.The people are generally very friendly & welcoming, even if you don''t speak german, apparently! (I got by fine with my German).Damn, I''m missing the place now!!

[quote user="Surrey yellow"]Thanks K Lo.   It''s looking likely I''ll be driving from Bratislava. Any suggestions of things to do/see between there and Graz. Been to Vienna before so will avoid there.[/quote]

Bratislava old town itself is quite nice and the beer is good, it was also cheap when I was there a few years ago, may be worth an overnight stop.

[quote user="Surrey yellow"]Thanks K Lo.   It''s looking likely I''ll be driving from Bratislava. Any suggestions of things to do/see between there and Graz. Been to Vienna before so will avoid there.[/quote]Don´t forget to drive on the right side of the street

If you''ve got as far as Graz, you''ve probably remembered. It took me 1 1/2 days to get there from Norwich !!

Definitely staying at least 1 night in Bratislava, 1 in Graz and drive back Sunday with a late flight Sunday night so plenty of time to stop somewhere in between. Looking forward to this now.

Me and a friend will be in Vienna and will be going to the match. We are currently planning to get the train, however we are keen to look at cheaper alternatives, so if you fancy hiring a car and going down there please get in touch. My friend lives in Vienna and I am flying in to Bratislava Thursday 19th and returning from Bratislava Monday 23rd. We do not mind staying for a night or two in Graz so are flexible.

If you are in the same boat get in touch and we can work something out

This is Hughton''s first game in charge lets get behind them, OTBC.

Aaron

aaronjwright@talk21.com

[quote user="Aaron Wright"]Me and a friend will be in Vienna and will be going to the match. We are currently planning to get the train, however we are keen to look at cheaper alternatives, so if you fancy hiring a car and going down there please get in touch. My friend lives in Vienna and I am flying in to Bratislava Thursday 19th and returning from Bratislava Monday 23rd. We do not mind staying for a night or two in Graz so are flexible.

If you are in the same boat get in touch and we can work something out

This is Hughton''s first game in charge lets get behind them, OTBC.

Aaron

aaronjwright@talk21.com[/quote]Hi AaronWIll be in Vienna and still not sure what I am doing. Might go to the game but unlikely. Will send you an email if I am going to go, as carhire-pooling might make some sense.OTBC

Just sent you an email explaining our plans. Let me know if it fits in to what you''re doing...

im off for the game but will be 4-5 days in Austria so for me can be pleasure to watch also some training session.Game seems will be near Graz in Gleisdorf but what about exactlly place that team is on camp for week !?if any one have info about whre is trainngs pls share ...thx!

[quote user="Boris"]im off for the game but will be 4-5 days in Austria so for me can be pleasure to watch also some training session.

Game seems will be near Graz in Gleisdorf but what about exactlly place that team is on camp for week !?

if any one have info about whre is trainngs pls share ...thx!
[/quote]

Boris, you may be better off contacting the club. They may tell you if you explain that you''re one of the club''s European fans.

All plans made for the 3 day trip. Bratislava Thursday night, Gleisdorf Friday night, Graz Saturday night.

Anyone else made similar plans ?

[I]Just for info for people travelling to the game: You may also consider using a taxi from Bratislava to Vienna if flying there. I and 3 others did this journey a few years ago (flying into Vienna for an England game in Bratislava), and as I recall it didn''t cost all that much between us. The 2 cities are quite close.

Home after a great few days. Bratislava and Graz are beautiful cities with plenty to do, well worth seeing. Gleisdorf was tiny, maybe the size of Wymondham so maybe wasn''t worth staying over night but was OK for a day.

Also met Budapest Canary and his young lad...

I did the Bratislava to Vienna train trip about four years ago when staying in Bratislava. Both cities are well worth a visit. In the summer I think there is a regular boat that travels to and from the cities on the Danube.  

[quote user="Surrey yellow"]

Home after a great few days. Bratislava and Graz are beautiful cities with plenty to do, well worth seeing. Gleisdorf was tiny, maybe the size of Wymondham so maybe wasn''t worth staying over night but was OK for a day.

Also met Budapest Canary and his young lad...[/quote]

Obviously, didn''t make the game, just a tad too far for me.

Can you give us some idea of how many NCFC supporters witnessed CH''s first game in charge and what you thought of the two squads in each half on the day. Who performed who struggled etc?

Cheers

[quote user="Surrey yellow"]

Also met Budapest Canary and his young lad...

[/quote]Hi, Surrey. Glad you enjoyed your trip and had a safe return home. Thanks for the tip of hanging around the team bus -- I managed to take photos of my son (Oliver) with Holt and Ruddy, his two favourite players. Needless to say he was over the Moon! OTBC _ B.C.

[quote user="Oz Canary"][quote user="Surrey yellow"]

Also met Budapest Canary and his young lad...[/quote]

Obviously, didn''t make the game, just a tad too far for me.

Can you give us some idea of how many NCFC supporters witnessed CH''s first game in charge and what you thought of the two squads in each half on the day. Who performed who struggled etc?

Cheers

[/quote]

I would say no more than 40-45 max Norwich fans. Maybe 130 total attendance. Definitely outnumbered by Berlin fans. There were dozens of jobsworth stewards in the bar with us having a beer!  Credit to Colin Calderwood for coming up to us and having a chat.

Maybe a bit unfair to judge players on 45 minutes in the first friendly but James Vaughan was definitely the stand out player. Looked very sharp and useful. Couldn''t really say anyone else had a good game to be honest, just an energetic kick about, no more than that...