Sign in to follow this  
whitebeard

New manger but who will he sign?

Now that the management is in place obviously his next job will be to asses the financial situation,look at his transfer kitty and spend some doe! But who will he bring in?

Another priority of his would be to grant and get him his contract but is his mind already made up?

In all seriousness I don''t think he''ll rush out and spend unless he''s certain they''ll be an improvement.  He''s only DVDs to go on at the moment

[quote user="whitebeard"]Now that the management is in place obviously his next job will be to asses the the current squad and see which areas need to strenghtened and which players can be round in from that then,look at his transfer kitty and spend some doe! But who will he bring in? Another priority of his would be to grant and get him his contract but is his mind already made up?[/quote]

Edited.

[quote user="whitebeard"]New manger but who will he sign?[/quote]Hopefully he''ll have three wise men to advise him.  Maybe a Virgin staff member.  He might well go for youth in the manger, though it may all end in tears around Easter time.

As I suggested on a similar thread:
''Guirane N''Daw. 28 years old, 6 foot 3in plays defensive midfield or centre back. Was on loan at Birmingham from French Ligue 1 club Saint-Etienne. Several Brum supporters drew comparisons between him and Viera, seeing as we only have two defensive midfielders (Johnson and Crofts) one of which might be leaving, he could be a good buy.'' 

This is where Culverhouse''s input will be invaluable, if there is anyone who knows where we need to strenthen it''s him. I believe he also played a role in identifying targets for Lambert so may already have a few players in mind to suggest, assuming Hughton respects his opinion of course.

Curtis Davies sounds pretty likely, but another who has not been mentioned is Chris Burke.

He always impressed me at Cardiff. It turns out that not only did he win both POTS awards at Brum last season but he also managed the most assists in the Championship last season. Injury-free last season and can''t see that he would be that expensive either.

The Birmingham Mail had this to say about him last month:

"Burke was named as the player-of-the-season and players’ player-of-the-season at last night’s annual awards dinner at the ICC in Birmingham.

The winger has not only scored 14 goals but leads the assists charts in the Championship. He has 18 all told.

And his general tricky flank play, allied to a hard-working attitude, has been a key in lifting Blues to the Championship play-offs with a fourth-place finish in the division.

Burke was mystifyingly overlooked for the PFA Championship team-of-the-season.

But his Blues peers had no hesitation in naming him their main man."

With a new manger I would say that we are going for some very very young stars of the future !!

As well as the names mentioned on this thread I''ve mentioned Chris Wood on another thread.

If Hughton is looking to follow the ''young and hungry'' mantra I wouldn''t be totally surprised to see him go after Harry Kane from his old club Spurs.

[quote user="Thirsty Lizard"]As well as the names mentioned on this thread I''ve mentioned Chris Wood on another thread. If Hughton is looking to follow the ''young and hungry'' mantra I wouldn''t be totally surprised to see him go after Harry Kane from his old club Spurs.[/quote]

The question is will we be Abel to get Kane  ? [;)]

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="Thirsty Lizard"]As well as the names mentioned on this thread I''ve mentioned Chris Wood on another thread. If Hughton is looking to follow the ''young and hungry'' mantra I wouldn''t be totally surprised to see him go after Harry Kane from his old club Spurs.[/quote]

[/quote]You''d better Adam and Eve it son.

[quote user="Rootin FerHooten"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]

You''d better Adam and Eve it son.
[/quote]

Im sure he would be a signing of Biblical proportions !!

[quote user="whitebeard"]Now that the management is in place obviously his next job will be to asses the financial situation,look at his transfer kitty and spend some doe! But who will he bring in? Another priority of his would be to grant and get him his contract but is his mind already made up?[/quote]

I think the buying process will follow but surely the next job will be to access the current squad and work out who he does not see as part of his plans and also identify those who do not want to play for him for whatever reason.

[quote user="Thirsty Lizard"]Just thought I''d bump this one up again. Don''t say I didn''t tell you all the way back in June. :)[/quote]Can you do anything useful with your ''gift''?