Sign in to follow this  
king of latvia

svensson

It''s good news in that it adds more to the squad.  But I''d be disappointed if either Leon or Deano was dropped.  They seem to be forming a nice partnership and reading each others games well (except for Saturday anyway!)

Why should we be so pleased about this? - we now have Ashton in place doing twice the job Sven''s ever done; I''d prefer Jarvis to be given a shot ahead of him.

I can''t understand people saying he''s off in the summer though - his ''level'' is probably the Chumpionship, and he''s said he doesn''t want to leave!

[quote]Im glad hes back, mabye he can replace a not worth £3M Stiker upfront[/quote]

No I don''t think he''s worth £3M either.  But as Peterborough were only asking for a few hundred thousand, I think we got a good deal!

thats good news, can he mark his reserve comeback with a goal?

And with McKenzie and Ashton''s current form, i doubt hed get further than the bench.......

[quote]No I don''t think he''s worth £3M either. But as Peterborough were only asking for a few hundred thousand, I think we got a good deal![/quote]

clever one DD, lol      

Sven was outclassing Leon, by the proverbial country mile, before his injury and given a couple of games to get back to fitness could do so again - his touch and finishing are far better than leons but leons movement is far more obvious and his mobility means he pressurises defenders in a different way. 

I agree he should not come back into the side immediately but having a real striking option on the bench, whether it be sven or leon can only be good for the club.  With Bents and Helveg on the comeback trail a good end of season run in readiness for next season would be a great boost of low confidence.   

OTBC

I was never really a fan of Svennsons but my opinion has begun to change slightly lol.

Like others have said I dont think he should come back in the side straight away. Maybe bring him on as a sub against Arsenal near the end just to ease him back in the side.

Ashton and McKenzie have done really well together so you cant just wipe them out and forget what they have done to bring Svennson back.

But bring him back and lets see what he can do.

[quote]Why should we be so pleased about this? - we now have Ashton in place doing twice the job Sven''s ever done; I''d prefer Jarvis to be given a shot ahead of him. I can''t understand people saying he''s of...[/quote]

i think ashton was a good buy and  i would love to see ashton and svensson up front.and to say ashton done twice the job, im sorry he hasnt.but they have worked very had and not let the team down.

[quote]Im glad hes back, mabye he can replace a not worth £3M Stiker upfront[/quote]

Silly person

Again, a player who has done little for us this season, is returning from injury and we are hailing him as the man who will save us.

Lets be realistic. I would say he played well for 2 and half games this season. Those being Bolton, Blackburn, and the second half at Birmingham

Well I think he can do a good job for us and I rate him, frankly the more people we have available the better, so welcome back Matty!