Sign in to follow this  
Web Team - Vince

The Canary wants your magic moments from the 2011/12 season

From Matthew Chambers, deputy head of sport, Archant Norfolk:Manager Paul Lambert believes Norwich City’s Premier League survival eclipsed the club’s achievements of back-to-back promotions.The 2011/12 season is certainly one that will live long in the memory and to celebrate this The Canary magazine is calling on all City fans to recount their favourite moment.Was the first away win of the season at Bolton the one moment that stood out for you? Or was it Grant Holt’s thunderbolt header to score in front of the Kop at Liverpool? Perhaps it was the 4-2  bashing handed out to Newcastle at Carrow Road?Whatever memory it is that had you in raptures we’d like to hear about it. The problem you might have is limiting it to just one! You can post your memories on this messageboard or email norfolksport@archant.co.ukPlease include the date, venue, score and a description of no more than 200 words. Also, if you have any pictures you’d like to submit include them in an email marking in the subject line ‘City magic moment’.

Monday 9th April 2012 16:26

Here is the film I took of the moment in question:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJDl0SPGA5w&feature=g-upl

Elliott Bennett scores against Spurs. Tottenham 1-2 Norwich City

Without doubt one of the performances of the season by the whole team. Add to this the fact that I had traveled from Yorkshire with my 9 yr old son and had also reluctantly missed the previous Fulham game recuperating from the removal of my appendix - this was the perfect antidote.

The unbridled joy exhibited by the NCFC faithful exiting the ground was a never to be forgotten experience.