Sign in to follow this  
Mr Jenkins

Looks like Brendan may be off!

Report in Telegraph suggesting Brendan`s meeting with Swansea chairman and despite his earlier statements may be on his way to the Scousers!

Let''s just throw an almighty big ''IF'' this becomes true and he is their next manager, then wtf has Martinez been doing with Wigan these last few days, and if you were a Wigan fan, would you welcome him ''back'' next season?

Apparently today''s meeting that Rogers has with Chairman is just standard practice. They must have a lot to discuss having just agreed to smash the clubs record transfer fee.

There is nothing that suggests Rogers will be at Liverpool next season. I think it will be Martinez.

It certainly is a big IF, as for Martinez I would think Wigan fans would be relieved if he stayed rather than carrying any grudge against him. As for the Jacks they will be pooing themselves, I think with the style of play Martinez and now Brendan have got them playing it will be very hard for a new manager to come in and try to change it all, however, to try and continue in the same style next season under a new boss will also be very difficult for them in the Prem.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Apparently today''s meeting that Rogers has with Chairman is just standard practice. They must have a lot to discuss having just agreed to smash the clubs record transfer fee.

There is nothing that suggests Rogers will be at Liverpool next season. I think it will be Martinez.[/quote]

Your probably right![:D]

I think Rogers will stick to his guns at Swansea, the pressure of the Liverpool job might be too much for his experience.

Saying that, he has jumped ship before..

BBC just posted this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/mobile/football/18235961

Suggesting Rodgers is not out of the Liverpool picture yet...

On Sky Sports........[img]http://e1.365dm.com/12/05/402x210/Brendan-Rodgers-Roberto-Martinez-Wigan-v-Swan_2766953.jpg[/img]

surely Sigurdsson will wait and see what happens here?. He wouldnt go to Swansea if Rodgers left would he? as he only went there last season because of their association at Reading. This could very well ruin Swansea for next season.

Why would Rodgers want that job. Sure bigger club and more transfer $$$ but not a better job.

Just like PL here, he is loved by the Swansea fans.

With respect to Martinez, if he does turn the Liverpool job down I think that it was an awesome piece of negotiation/strategy by Dave Whelan. He obviously knew his managers work parameters and felt comfortable enough to back his arrangement at Wigan.