Sign in to follow this  
Militant Canary

Fegor Ogude... apparently.

Apparently, word is spreading that we have either had a bid or signed him outright and its due to be announced later this week.

Be a good purchase, if true.

He is a 25-year-old midfielder for Valerenga and Nigeria. He specializes as a defensive midfielder, but can play as an attacking midfielder, behind the striker, as well as a general central midfielder. VERY strong, VERY quick. Strong tackling and has a good pass.

Don''t know if there is any truth in this, but have been told that its a fast spreading rumour by somebody and thought I''d pass it on.

[quote user="Militant Canary"]Apparently, word is spreading that we have either had a bid or signed him outright and its due to be announced later this week. Be a good purchase, if true. He is a 25-year-old midfielder for Valerenga and Nigeria. He specializes as a defensive midfielder, but can play as an attacking midfielder, behind the striker, as well as a general central midfielder. VERY strong, VERY quick. Strong tackling and has a good pass. Don''t know if there is any truth in this, but have been told that its a fast spreading rumour by somebody and thought I''d pass it on.[/quote]

Just like one of those old chain letters

Interesting.. seems strange signing a foreign player, its been a while hasn''t it!

I guess we have to due to premier league prices, surely Ogude would find it hard to blend in around a bunch of English speakers basically all originating from Britain, Lambert has a habit of signing one or more players from the same club; Leeds, Colchester, Brighton for example, so if this is true then can we expect further activity of a similar nature?

[quote user="Wing Wang Otter"]Interesting.. seems strange signing a foreign player, its been a while hasn''t it! I guess we have to due to premier league prices, surely Ogude would find it hard to blend in around a bunch of English speakers basically all originating from Britain, Lambert has a habit of signing one or more players from the same club; Leeds, Colchester, Brighton for example, so if this is true then can we expect further activity of a similar nature?[/quote]

He probably speaks English, it being Nigeria''s official language. And probably uses it in Norway, unless he has learned to speak Norwegian. And this would help to explain why McNally was in Norway at the weekend. But it equally may be a nonsense rumour.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="Wing Wang Otter"]Interesting.. seems strange signing a foreign player, its been a while hasn''t it! I guess we have to due to premier league prices, surely Ogude would find it hard to blend in around a bunch of English speakers basically all originating from Britain, Lambert has a habit of signing one or more players from the same club; Leeds, Colchester, Brighton for example, so if this is true then can we expect further activity of a similar nature?[/quote]

He probably speaks English, it being Nigeria''s official language. And probably uses it in Norway, unless he has learned to speak Norwegian. And this would help to explain why McNally was in Norway at the weekend. But it equally may be a nonsense rumour.

[/quote]

Ahh I see, didn''t really consider that to be honest.

Although I still think it would be difficult for him to fit in, well certainly more difficult than the others who would have been playing against or with each other for the previous couple of years before joining

Quite simply we need a strong, physical, tackling, general in our midfield and Europe there are plenty of young players that can fit this bill to start alongside Howson or in a midfield three with Surman or Johnson. We need a midfielder and I have no problem at all in looking to Europe, I do belive that unless you are getting young squad players from the prem, then Europe is your best bet. Cheaper and so eager for that chance here in the premiership.

Funnily enough he''s my first choice defensive midfielder in my Norwich Fifa team, several years into the future

[quote user="AJ"]Funnily enough he''s my first choice defensive midfielder in my Norwich Fifa team, several years into the future[/quote]

same, the guy is a beast!

Never hear of him, but hadn''t heard of Check Tiotte this time last year either!!!!Would be great if he turned out this way.......

would be good but I am not going to hold my breath.

He might be a household name is Norway or Nigeria or Saipan but this is the EPL.

Word is spreading where? Twitter....no, Sky Sports....no, Radio.....no, Internet.........just on this thread!

If "word is spreading" you could at least say where as otherwise this most be consigned to the BS pile.

2+2 = 198 apparently...Not really heard anything even vaguely substantial about this, and would be a very big step up from the Norweigan league as well.Not saying it''s not true, or that the player isn''t potentially good enough, just very dubious on both at the minute.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Think someone has confused FIFA 12/FM12 with reality...[/quote]

You mean it isn''t real? You''ll be going on about Father Christmas next !

[quote user="The ambassador"]Well, as we all know by now, rumours from unknown individuals are excellent sources...[/quote]

But they''re even better if someone''s cousin is mentioned 

[quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="The ambassador"]Well, as we all know by now, rumours from unknown individuals are excellent sources...[/quote]

But they''re even better if someone''s cousin is mentioned 

[/quote]And even better if they were seen with the cousin in ASDA...

Where''s Olano when you need him?

(By the way Big O, I hope you had a quick word or two with Delia whilst she was in your country.)