Sign in to follow this  
Forever Norwich

MK Dons Friendly Confirmed.

No your not Canary23!

MK Dons should have never happened and I hope the real Wimbledon overtake them in the football pyrimid soon!

I''m disapointed our great club is playing the fakesters in a friendly!

It happened. It wasnt nice. It was wrong and in an ideal world the club should have risen up the pyramid. But they are here now and I for one am happy that people are getting behind a club in their town rather than supporting Man Utd/Arsenal/Chelsea. Its actually a good work out for us. Very modern stadium with a good surface against a team under Karl Robinson who like to get it down and play unlike the organised cheating and thuggery of the Paul Ince regime. They gave our second string a right lesson at Carrow Road so there are a few players who will have a point to prove in that game.

[quote user="Canary23"]Am I the only one who still finds MK Dons distasteful?[/quote]

I dont agree with what happened at the time, Sadly if it hadnt been wimbledon to MK it could have easily been Wimbledon to Hull, Dublin or god knows where. Likewise it could have been QPR or Luton to MK

What wimbledon fans did was ensure the floodgates did not open for this to be a regular occurance and i applaud them for this. Another team may have not had the fan passion and just let it happen and people may not have battered an eyelid.

But what has happened has happened, MK are practically a new team these days and made certain arrangements with AFCW to ensure the history is in its correct place even though it does not really belong to either club now.

As said above its time to move on. All this all began over 10 years ago. AFCW are now a league club MK have built up a young fanbase a lot of who are probably younger than when this all began. 

The franchise need to disappear as quickly as possible - when you are in the same division as them or drawn against them in a cup then you have to play them , however this time we have chosen to play the franchise in a friendly and even if I was not away on holiday , I would never give them my money . The way they acquired a league place was criminally wrong and no football fan should ever treat the franchise with anything other than total contempt

MK should have done what Aldershot , Fleetwood and AFC Wimbledon  have done , start at the very bottom and get to the league by events on the pitch ,Wimbledon may well have died had they not been forcibly moved , but there are plenty of Conference clubs who would have taken their place

It was one of the worst decisions that the FA have made 

Franchise FC are a total abomination and the history belongs to Wimbledon -at least Franchise have accepted this - even if they do still refuse to drop the Dons part of their name 

We should not be playing a friendly against this mob

be eI

Distasteful decision by the FA to give Wimbledon away, but I can''t blame anyone on the team for it. Only one of the MK Dons players was ever part of a Wimbledon team (Dean Lewington) the rest were never connected to Wimbledon in anyway and shouldn''t be blamed for the past decisions of the FA and how MK Dons came to be. History now, AFC Wimbledon are a league club and deserve to be. I just can''t wait until the first AFC Wimbledon vs MK Dons match!

funnily enough the Norwegians who bought Wimbledon and appointed that guy with the wellies as manager were the fore runners of the MK move.. they sold the club to Winkelman before ever seeing their dream fulfilled.I wonder how many years it had been planned for really.... the fact they never tried to return to plough lane from 1991 until they moved indicates to me that maybe this had been planned for years.

[quote user="Canary23"]Am I the only one who still finds MK Dons distasteful?[/quote]

Definitely not - now that AFC (the real) Wimbledon are back in the league I just wish that The Franchise had the honesty to drop ''Dons'' from their name now.