Sign in to follow this  
jed exodous

Lambert 1/6 to be Villa manager...

they wanted OGS enough to interview him, he turned them down, they wanted martinez (twice), he turned them down, so lambert is their third choice? if it was me i''d tell them to take a flying fluck.

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="Militant Canary"]Which is how we absolutely knew beyond doubt that Jordan Rhodes- our star striker for the second half of the last season- would come to us. Odds mean nothing. They respond to media speculation- the papers say they want to make contact with Lambert- means nothing.[/quote]
[quote user="Stretcharm"]If I remember correctly, the odds on Lambert becoming Burnley manager were suspended...... [/quote]

OK, so bookies are not always right but they''re right more often than not - when did one last go bust?
Odds of 1/6 tells me there''s been a hell of a lot of money, and probably some sizeable individual punts of at least £1k+, on Lambert to join Villa.
These kind of odds indicate that someone in the know, probably within the Villa set up, or even at City, has a pretty good idea of what''s going to happen.
[/quote]

1.62 on Betfair; out from 1.45 a couple of hours ago. He''s on the drift. Lay him for all you can muster and fill yer boots.  

Some good points made on this thread.  Despite whats been said on here, I still cant help but feel he''s gone.  I really hope i''m wrong, as I said, i''ve no info like some claim to have, just a gut feeling, which, in most cases isn''t too far off.

Things just don''t seem quite right at Carrow road at the moment.  We should be basking in the success of last season and being optomistic about next.

Finally, I don''t buy into all this 3rd choice rubbish.  If the package is right, it doesn''t matter what choice you are.  Villa have potential, it was only a season or 2 ago that MON guided them to 6th, maybe 7th I think.  They''ve got a lot of youngsters coming through, they''ve got rid of Heskey, and have a proven top flight scorer.  With 4 or 5 half decent signings, Villa could easily be a top 10 team.