Sign in to follow this  
jed exodous

Lambert 1/6 to be Villa manager...

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/aston-villa-specials/next-permanent-manager

I don''t have any official info, but this does not look very good for us.  My gut feeling is telling me he is going.  His reaction after the testimonial last week was a little short with the media, who I know don''t help things.

The bookies have been known to get thigs wrong, but the lack of transfer activity and general news from Carrow road is a concern.

[quote user="Making Plans"]When they stop taking bets on him then you''ll know he''s going[/quote]

Which is how we absolutely knew beyond doubt that Jordan Rhodes- our star striker for the second half of the last season- would come to us.

Odds mean nothing. They respond to media speculation- the papers say they want to make contact with Lambert- means nothing.

odds relay how many people have placed bets on him to be the new manager. when media hype happens (as it did today) bets get placed on him, so his odds of going increase. they''re not going to pay out a ton of people 10/1 are they? it''s how they cover all the bets and still make profit.

Last night Brendan Rodgers was 1/6 for the Liverpool job , what that said was he was thought almost a certainty to get that job . They now feel just as certain that Lambert will go to Villa . Ask yourself this the Birmingham post today claimed Villa had made contact with people representing Lambert , if they had not been led to believe he would accept the job would they be making an official approach ? unlikely .

My last post on the subject was all about the strange atmosphere around Lambert at the end of the season. His odd response "who knows", the lack of early transfer comment, the Holt affair. He knows he owes us sod all, he has achieved beyond even his dreams probably. It will be a massive wrench for him to leave.....he trusts the people behind the club ......"good people" he''s called the board. But he is savvy and knows miracles can''t go on forever. He knows we could make top 10 but realistically at this point in time any higher given resources of other clubs is unlikely. So.....I''m 90% sure still he will go and see it as a new challenge. A club in a trough needing a helping hand. He couldn''t really fail at AV could he? Bigger club. Bigger profile. BUT.....he leaves behind his hungry youngsters....he MAY stay to see it through one more year? But .....10% chance I reckon. Please I hope I''m wrong. The timing could be a lot worse though but it could get difficult if we are slow to the transfer market with players getting picked up while we recruit a new manager.

[quote user="Across_The_Pond_Yellow"]odds relay how many people have placed bets on him to be the new manager. when media hype happens (as it did today) bets get placed on him, so his odds of going increase. they''re not going to pay out a ton of people 10/1 are they? it''s how they cover all the bets and still make profit.[/quote]

Thanks for the School class.  I am pretty familiar with how odds work.  In my opinion, he''s gone.  I''m not normally this negative, but over recent weeks, things have been a little... different around CR.  There''s no real transfer gossip and rumours of unhappy players.  Perhaps Lambert feels he''s taken us about as far as he realistically can.

I hope i''m wrong, but i''m pretty sure he''ll be gone, and pretty quickly too...

[quote user="jed exodous"]

[quote user="Across_The_Pond_Yellow"]odds relay how many people have placed bets on him to be the new manager. when media hype happens (as it did today) bets get placed on him, so his odds of going increase. they''re not going to pay out a ton of people 10/1 are they? it''s how they cover all the bets and still make profit.[/quote]

Thanks for the School class.  I am pretty familiar with how odds work.  In my opinion, he''s gone.  I''m not normally this negative, but over recent weeks, things have been a little... different around CR.  There''s no real transfer gossip and rumours of unhappy players.  Perhaps Lambert feels he''s taken us about as far as he realistically can.

I hope i''m wrong, but i''m pretty sure he''ll be gone, and pretty quickly too...

[/quote]A very good summary of likely events. On past form we should all be very afraid of what happens next.

If I remember correctly, the odds on Lambert becoming Burnley manager were suspended......

If journos put 2 and 2 together and get 6, bookies put 2 and 2 together and get 67!

Sing all together now.....

DON''T SELL LAMBERT, PAUL LAMBERT,

YOU JUST DON''T SEEM TO UNDERSTAND,

BECAUSE IF YOU SELL LAMBERT, PAUL LAMBERT,

YOU WILL HAVE A RIOT ON YOUR HANDS !!!!!

[quote user="A Certain Poster"][quote user="jed exodous"]

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/aston-villa-specials/next-permanent-manager

[/quote]Mathematically those odds imply there''s a 25/143 chance of Lambert going to Villa which means the odds are overwhelmingly against this happening. Panic over!![/quote]Amost the same odds as winning the Euromillions then......Phew......that''s certainly reassuring news.

Sorry wrong button.25/143 chance of him going means according to the book there''s roughly a 1 in 6 chance of it happening so they should be offering odds in the region of 5-1, the current odds simply reflect the money laid and the bookmakers greed.

This all day long. Lambert could well end up as Villa manager but the bookies are not 100% infallable for this reason. After all Martinez was the overwhelming favourite for the Liverpool job and Brendan Rogers drifted out as far as 30/1 when he declared he wasn''t interested.

[quote user="Cluck Nose."][quote user="A Certain Poster"][quote user="jed exodous"]

[/quote]Mathematically those odds imply there''s a 25/143 chance of Lambert going to Villa which means the odds are overwhelmingly against this happening. Panic over!![/quote]Amost the same odds as winning the Euromillions then......Phew......that''s certainly reassuring news.[/quote]118/143 (82.51%) chance of it not happening according to the odds displayed Cluck. Sadly that''s more like the odds on your next scratchcard NOT being a £1 win I''m afraid.

My thoughts exactly - What more can he achieve here given the backing he will get? 10th? So what? Awhole season counting on the same amount of surprise and luck we had this year? how would his stock stand if we finished 17th? Not so high I suspect. The Board would be "Delia Lighted" but would the fans and would other clubs see him as the potential Messiah? Hw can go to Villa and finsih 12th again and they will see that as a major achievement.

Simply put he has over achieved here for whatever reason (and there are genuinely loads of them) but, from a personal point if view he need a club in decline wbut with big potential. He can move to a top six club from Villa, he can''t do that from here....

So how come when I added a Lambert Thread, I was shot to pieces, with "Not another Lambert thread" etc etc but it''s perfectly acceptable for someone else (who happens to have posted lots of threads).to do the same.Not ANOTHER Lambert thread!

[quote user="Militant Canary"]Which is how we absolutely knew beyond doubt that Jordan Rhodes- our star striker for the second half of the last season- would come to us.

Odds mean nothing. They respond to media speculation- the papers say they want to make contact with Lambert- means nothing.[/quote][quote user="Stretcharm"]If I remember correctly, the odds on Lambert becoming Burnley manager were suspended...... [/quote]OK, so bookies are not always right but they''re right more often than not - when did one last go bust?Odds of 1/6 tells me there''s been a hell of a lot of money, and probably some sizeable individual punts of at least £1k+, on Lambert to join Villa.These kind of odds indicate that someone in the know, probably within the Villa set up, or even at City, has a pretty good idea of what''s going to happen.

OGS was odds on but that didn''t happen so i think we should all just chill , besides this is just the sort of rubbish that Lambert hates so much

What are the odds on a ''Judas'' thread appearing on here within minutes of an announcement?And who will it be?

[quote user="Cluck Nose."]What are the odds on a ''Judas'' thread appearing on here within minutes of an announcement?And who will it be?[/quote]You?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Cluck Nose."]What are the odds on a ''Judas'' thread appearing on here within minutes of an announcement?And who will it be?[/quote]You?[/quote]I''ll give you 4/5 it''s 1st Wiz.

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="Militant Canary"]Which is how we absolutely knew beyond doubt that Jordan Rhodes- our star striker for the second half of the last season- would come to us.

Odds mean nothing. They respond to media speculation- the papers say they want to make contact with Lambert- means nothing.[/quote][quote user="Stretcharm"]If I remember correctly, the odds on Lambert becoming Burnley manager were suspended...... [/quote]OK, so bookies are not always right but they''re right more often than not - when did one last go bust?Odds of 1/6 tells me there''s been a hell of a lot of money, and probably some sizeable individual punts of at least £1k+, on Lambert to join Villa.These kind of odds indicate that someone in the know, probably within the Villa set up, or even at City, has a pretty good idea of what''s going to happen.[/quote]OGS was 1/12 to get the Villa job at one point and that didn''t happen.

[quote user="A Certain Poster"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Cluck Nose."]What are the odds on a ''Judas'' thread appearing on here within minutes of an announcement?And who will it be?[/quote]You?[/quote]I''ll give you 4/5 it''s 1st Wiz.[/quote]Wiz is a glass half full sort of guy like me....I''ll go for Duncan Edwards.

[quote user="Cluck Nose."][quote user="A Certain Poster"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Cluck Nose."]What are the odds on a ''Judas'' thread appearing on here within minutes of an announcement?And who will it be?[/quote]You?[/quote]I''ll give you 4/5 it''s 1st Wiz.[/quote]Wiz is a glass half full sort of guy like me....I''ll go for Duncan Edwards.[/quote]Oops sorry.... I forgot he''s been barred. [:$]

[quote user="Cluck Nose."][quote user="Cluck Nose."]I''ll go for Duncan Edwards.[/quote]Oops sorry.... I forgot he''s been barred. [:$][/quote]Has he, I thought I just heard him on the Ched Evans thread. Whoever it was is certainly an angry young man subject to similarly violent oral outbursts anyway.