Sign in to follow this  
John Boubepo

The Phil Mulryne Quote!

"The teams that are interested in me know what I am about, they have seen what I can do in the past and it''s not really a big deal." OK Phil, they know you miss important penalties and eat doughnuts and Big Macs and you''re probably right - it isn''t a big meal, I mean deal

Its as if he is not bothered at all.  Doesn''t seem to want to get back in the first team and if he''s not careful, he will end up on the scrapheap.

His career has peaked, I mean he''s played top flight for Norwich City, end of story, time for him to get the fur lined slippers out, flanelette dressing gown and watch StepToe and Son for the end of his days... whilst smoking copious amounts of cigars and eating doughnut after doughnut after doughnut

do i sence another clint easton?

Or maybe this is just the premiership dream getting to his head. Okay, but do we see henry talking like this in the big mac, i mean life?

Goodbye phil, we have no fish fillets, i mean regrets.......

I can''t think that celtic would be interested in him? 

where did those reports come from?

Bye Phil!  Must be a contender for most annoying City player, all the ability but no commitment.  If you merge Holts spirit with Mulryne''s ability- what a player that would be.

What a waste of talent you are Phil and you seem to have been in semi-retirement since you missed a penalty at Cardiff!  Quite happy just to collect the money from what was quite probably an improved contract since Cardiff.

I would wish you good luck but I don''t want to.   

[quote]I can''t think that celtic would be interested in him? where did those reports come from?[/quote]

From no-one connected with Celtic I guarantee you

i love phil mulryne and i am very sad to see him go but i think he has wanted to go sense damo has came to be ture

[quote]Bye Phil! Must be a contender for most annoying City player, all the ability but no commitment. If you merge Holts spirit with Mulryne''s ability- what a player that would be. What a waste of talent...[/quote]

I think I''d put Mullers a close second in the "Most annoying Norwich player" category Saint, with Mark Rivers winning.  For me, Rivers had bags of ability.  He was a great player at Crewe.  If he had applied himself and put the hours in I think he could''ve been excellent

[quote]i love phil mulryne and i am very sad to see him go but i think he has wanted to go sense damo has came to be ture[/quote]

It''s because Damo''s car goes faster...

Rivers, Mulryne, McVeigh, Nielsen, it''s a depressing list. Talented footballers, all afflicted by DIGS (Do I Give a S**t Syndrome). There''s a lot of it about in football, though I''m not sure how it''s spread. Big Mac meals, possibly.

I hope Mulryne finds the time to read this thread, he cost £500,000 and another £500,000 a year in wages, that''s £3,000,000!!!!! and what did we get for our money????? I''ve heard no end of rubbish about him being the best passer of the ball at the club, Worthy recently descibed him as a ''complete player'' what ever that means. Since his arrival, our best season was last year, when he hardly featured at all. When his chance to shine this year arrived he was found wanting, be that in fitness or skill. In 2002 when his contract expired we almost begged him to stay, despite the fact that he wanted to move no-one even made an offer!!!

The final insult to all Norwich fans was his announcement that he would be leaving at the end of the season....go now, say nothing, you will not be missed. The very idea that ''other club''s know what you''re about'' should ensure that you''ll be unemployed come May. Many describe you as a wasted talent but unlike the Gazza''s and Best''s of yesteryear you''ll soon be forgotten. I''m sure they are right, that you had the potential to go all the way, but in 5 years we seldom saw that potential because you lack one ingredient, commitment. I think the people who travel the country and payed your wages showed commitment to you, was it asking too much to expect something in return? Good riddance to bad rubbish. Rant over

[quote]I think I''d put Mullers a close second in the "Most annoying Norwich player" category Saint, with Mark Rivers winning. For me, Rivers had bags of ability. He was a great player at Crewe. If he had ...[/quote]

Lets not forget keith O''neil

The underlying message I detect in his dialogue :-

So that we shouldn''t get a transfer fee for him and just to spite us,  he is happy to do nothing and get paid until his contract runs out.

In my opinion he has been doing that for the last three seasons !

Summing up the threads on the Mulryne topic, you ''ve all got it about right.  If ever we''ve had a space waster on the books he was the biggest. Full of tallent and lacking in delivery.

Have to agree with pretty much everything being said here.

Surely Mullers had the potential to be our best player with a bit of hard work. He used to be able to turn games for us in the space of 10 minutes. Talent wasted