Sign in to follow this  
ncfcstar

AVFC Official Approach

I''d have to say I would be really dissappointed in Lambert were he to leave us now for a club in the state that Villa are. Whilst it has of course been an amazing job that he''s done these three years surely the REAL test now is to sustain it and progress it from here. To leave halfway through this project would almost be dare I say it "cowardly" at this stage. There is a huge ,exciting challenge ahead at this club which was started by Lambert right at the beginning, surely he''d want to continue with this , with the team that he''s built containing the players he''s brought to the club.

To give everything he''s built up here now ,for Villa in their situation would be a risk...and perhaps unlike many other people on here if he did move to Villa , I would hope it would turn into a classic tale of the grass not being greener.

[quote user="Gareth"][quote user="basil brush"]I still stand by what I said a few weeks back, in that Lambert had been tapped up by Villa - usually a third party. All this ''Villa expect to approach Norwich tomorrow'' is nonsense. It''s already happened! Why wait till tomorrow?

Villa could be a whole load of trouble for Lambert and I wonder how long the fans would give him, but they have much more potential than us and would give him the ideal stepping stone to a top 6 club, who wouldn''t take a chance with him at this point.

Best of luck if he does goes and a coup and a half for Villa if they have got him. Back to being little old Norwich, though were we ever anything else?[/quote]
Then Norwich take Villa to court and sue them. Villa are already 120 million pounds in debt, a protracted legal battle is the last thing they want, and Norwich get a decent sum of money.
[/quote]

I don''t believe they are in that much debt. If they are they owe it to Lerner.

peter lansley ‏@LansleyTimes

Paul Lambert walks out on #ncfc after bust up on being refused permission to talk to #avfc who will now look to appoint him as new manager

I don''t get this history nonsense.. Using history as an explanation as to why Villa is a step up would mean that clubs like Nottingham Forest would also be a step up.I''m not saying Villa isn''t a step up, I''m just SO SO SO sick and tired of fans playing the history card.. Liverpool can''t attract decent managers or players with their history which has to be considered in the top 5 in the World.. so history clearly means very little.

[quote user="Macca"]if the Europa League is within the capabilities of Norwich then competing in (and winning AGAIN) the Champiuons League is within the capabilities of Aston Villa.

Now, I''m not sure what the future of PL is BUT there are an awful lot of people on here totally downplaying the size and potential of Villa. They are the major club of the UK''s Second City. They don''t have a sugardaddy yet have still been able to fork out £24 million for a striker. They are the fourth most successful football club in England (and were the MOST successful for seventy-odd years). To downplay all that history and potential and simply say Norwich are now a sideways step from Villa - as some have NCFC fans have said - is madness.

PL might stay at Norwich for all sorts of reasons but that won''t make them a club anywhere near approaching Aston Villa. They created the world''s first football league and have spent 102 years in top flight footy...they''re an ever present in the Premier League. The limit of their ambition most certainly is not qualifying for the Europa League, that''s the minimum basic requirement for Villa.[/quote]

Its nice to hear other fans say things like that, others may not agree, but each to there own, like i said on my 1st post NCFC are back where they belong, and regardless of what happens with PL i think they''ll be in the premier league for a long time yet.

also not upto date with all this twittering thing but this has been posted by a timnes journalist so make of it what you will.

"peter lansley ‏@LansleyTimes Paul Lambert walks out on #ncfc after bust

up on being refused permission to talk to #avfc who will now look to appoint him

as new manager"

anyway whatever happens i''ll be saying around here as the peole seem good and knowledgable so hopefully whatever happens we can have some good fun and banner in the new season

As long as Paul Lambert remains our manager he has my utmost respect… however, if he chooses to take the Villa job then he becomes another worthless piece of sh•t that knows the cost of everything and the value of nothing.The tides are turning against the "giants" of English football, it is not sustainable and, to me, a truly great manager is one that repeats the efforts of Clough and achieves things in the face of the perceived big money model not as a result of it.Get off the happy clappy and get real… if he stays, he''s our boss and we love him… if he leaves then cheers and all that but do one and I hope you fail miserably you treacherous bastard. Its as simple as that!

There''s a difference with Villa''s history and Liverpool''s. Villa are an older club and were a "giant" when Liverpool were scratching around as a second division club. Liverpool only had six trophies won in their first eighty years as a club,for example, and their "history" has come largely in the media era bubble of 1965-2005. Now that clubs have come along who can outbid Liverpool (a club that relied on media money to make itself successful) they are struggling.

Forest have, indeed, won two European Cups (which is brilliant) but they haven''t won much else. They''re an old club, though, and certainly have great potential for a club from a small city. They are a fantastic role model for the Ipswich/Norwich/Southampton sized clubs of this world.

[quote user="Macca"]if the Europa League is within the capabilities of Norwich then competing in (and winning AGAIN) the Champiuons League is within the capabilities of Aston Villa.

Now, I''m not sure what the future of PL is BUT there are an awful lot of people on here totally downplaying the size and potential of Villa. They are the major club of the UK''s Second City. They don''t have a sugardaddy yet have still been able to fork out £24 million for a striker. They are the fourth most successful football club in England (and were the MOST successful for seventy-odd years). To downplay all that history and potential and simply say Norwich are now a sideways step from Villa - as some have NCFC fans have said - is madness.

PL might stay at Norwich for all sorts of reasons but that won''t make them a club anywhere near approaching Aston Villa. They created the world''s first football league and have spent 102 years in top flight footy...they''re an ever present in the Premier League. The limit of their ambition most certainly is not qualifying for the Europa League, that''s the minimum basic requirement for Villa.[/quote]Ha ha ha haHa ha

Ha.

No.You can''t honestly believe, deep down, that Villa in their current set up are anywhere near capable of Champ''s league qualification? Even if you completely rebuild your squad from the ground up, there''s the small matter of Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea, Spurs, Newcastle, Arsenal. How many of your current players can you truly say would be in a team that are capable of bettering three of those clubs?At a push I''d say 4, and I''m including in that a couple of talented players whose form has been faltering, at best.You can harp on about the past all you like. What matters is the here and now. Your team is currently poor, and will need major investment to turn things around. Even if the squad is completely revamped, there''s no guarantees they''ll be able to achieve your lofty aims. It''s one thing to assemble a team full of stars, but that doesn''t make them a team.Of course, all of that assumes that the money will be made available to build a squad capable of such goals. Personally, I don''t think the money that will be made available will be even close to what would be required.None of this means I don''t think Paul Lambert will be the next Villa boss. I''m pretty sure he will. Such is life.