Sign in to follow this  
ncfcstar

AVFC Official Approach

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]I just think it would be an extremely odd thing for a team captain to promote a story about the manager leaving if there was any truth in it. Read it how you want but I would have thought they''d be under strict instruction to button it if there was any mileage in it.[/quote]Yep, seeing your logic here.

Could well be grasping at straws, especially as our Grant doesn''t always think before Tweeting.

Either way I just want this done with, it''s getting extremely tedious.

I''m not worried because I think he''ll stay and even if he can''t there''s nothing we can do about it.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]I just think it would be an extremely odd thing for a team captain to promote a story about the manager leaving if there was any truth in it. Read it how you want but I would have thought they''d be under strict instruction to button it if there was any mileage in it.[/quote]To be fair, you''re assuming that Holt and Lambert haven''t engineered a move away to Villa as a requirement for Lambert to move there.[A]

www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2152360/Aston-Villa-want-Paul-Lambert-replace-Alex-McLeish.htmlSays there they have made contact through an intermediary .

[quote user="Ncfc"]www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2152360/Aston-Villa-want-Paul-Lambert-replace-Alex-McLeish.html

Says there they have made contact through an intermediary .
[/quote]

It was on Beeb web-site at lunch time that Villa were talking to Lambert''s agent.  Villa deifinitely not confident if they are doing everything in the press.  You would have thought they would have learnt from OGS debacle.  Ah well.

if he goes he goes... will be sad to see him go but will be very grateful for what he has done for this football club and wont be bitter about it at all, be glad when its over and we can move on an forward with the season ahead

All together now.....

DON''T SELL LAMBERT, PAUL LAMBERT,

YOU JUST DON''T SEEM TO UNDERSTAND,

BECAUSE IF YOU SELL LAMBERT, PAUL LAMBERT,

YOU WILL HAVE A RIOT ON YOUR HANDS !

[quote user="Eric Pickles Pie Supplier"]

Sorry to be cynical about this, but,as I''ve said all along, basically, it all depends on how deep Lerner''s pockets are.

If they are shallow, PL will stay in Norfolk.

If they are very deep, expect him to be unveiled as the new AVFC boss in the next 72 hrs.

Money talks.

[/quote]

This is the crux of the matter for me. That Villa team looked like it needed pretty major surgery. But if Lerner gives him the funds to do it then he will be able to take Villa further potentially then he could Norwich. If those funds are not made available he would be on an absolutely hiding to nothing and would be a complete mug to take the job. We shall see tomorrow what is on the table tomorrow potentially. Either way I think this circus needs to be brought to a swift conclusion so plans can be made for next season. This cannot be allowed to drag on beyond the next 48 hours for me.

Apologies if this point has been made before, but if Lambert does go to Villa it will be the second time in a row he has walked into a job which became vacant because the previous incumbent was sacked immediately after a Lambert-inspired defeat.

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]I just think it would be an extremely odd thing for a team captain to promote a story about the manager leaving if there was any truth in it. Read it how you want but I would have thought they''d be under strict instruction to button it if there was any mileage in it.[/quote]

To be fair, you''re assuming that Holt and Lambert haven''t engineered a move away to Villa as a requirement for Lambert to move there.

[A]
[/quote]

There are plenty of players at Norwich who would have more right to feel agreived and let down should Lambert go ahead of Holt, what about Howson for instance who was persuaded to join?!?. Afterall Holt is one of the few players in our team that Lambert didn''t sign!!!

[quote user="w1seguy"]Agree that it needs sorting so that pre season preparations can get underway. I know that Lambert has come across as "non committal" but I genuinely believe that he just hates playing the media game and doesn''t feel that he needs to do anything that he doesn''t want to do. From what I hear Holt is staying (even though his house has been targeted by idiots with excrement etc,etc) so if that was linked to knowing that Lambert will still be here to manage him then it doesn''t take a genius that something is already sorted that we''re not privvy to.[/quote] but of course Rodgers came out and said everything that Swansea fans wanted to hear didn''t he? I seem to remember a lot of fans wishing lambert had said something as committed as Rodgers. Frankly i prefer the way lambert conducts himself. If he goes he goes with my blessing for a great three years and with his integrity intact.

Very good point about Howson. I would imagine the Lambert factor was one of the main reasons he left Leeds. He was their captain and had come through the youth system there. He has given up a hell of a lot to come here even if Bates is currently running them into the ground. It must be worrying for him. I know its been ridiculously premature but for him the thought of returning to Elland Road in the Championship with Norwich would probably give him nightmares.

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]

[quote user="Harry"]Can''t see PL wanting to leave us for Villa.[/quote]

Massive stadium.

Massive fan base.

Massive history.

Big reputation.

The ONLY people who think Villa aren''t a step up for Lambert are Norwich fans.

I believe he''ll go because if he gets Villa playing, to Cup QFs/SFs/Fs and knocking on the door of Europe his next move would be a big one.

Just my humble opinion though - and I am a pessimist! 

[/quote]

I don''t think Martinez thought it was a step up as he''s turned it down twice now, and going from a club that offers a job for life with realistic ambitions to grow to the risky Villa job with unrealistic ambitions and no money (120 million in debt!!!) seems slightly crazy to me.

[quote user="Stretcharm"]The Villa fans on Twitter seem to think its a done deal as of course he''ll join them. They clearly know nothing about the canny Scotsman.

I wouldn''t want to join any company if I knew I was 3rd choice for the job, so I would imagine that someone like Lambert would not either.[/quote]

Evening Lads.

Villa fan in peace

One personal note i''d be happy if we end up with PL, but wouldn''t be sad if he decided to stay put at NCFC as he has started a project and it would be interesting to see how far he could get yourselve''s.

I was glad to see you boys back in the Premier League as you were one of the teams that fought for the 1st PL title with ourselves and Man Utd, Hopefully whatever happens NCFC stay in the premiership where they belong(IMHO).

But there is a few things that have been said on here that are incorrect so i will try and put them right.

PL was never 3rd Choice, from everything i''ve heard since McGash was rightfully sacked, he has ben No1 on the fans list aswell as the owners.

It seems we have interviewed a fare few people for the job, but considering how our board messed up the last appointment, i think it was right they spoke to as many candidates as possible.

Here''s a post from the local Birmingham radio station that PL was 1st choice

"Tom Ross Tom Ross ‏@thegoalzone Villas number one target is Paul Lambert

the Norwich manager.. Villa still have to go through interview etc "

Now i''m not saying its correct but if you ask any Villa fan about info coming out of the club they will tell you that it very rarely happens unless the powers that be give the ok.

I see the press are saying that we were interested in Martinez and i think after showing his loyality last season to wigan that impressed Randy Lerner, but this time round, he didnt want to be interviewed until he knew if he got the Scousepool job, the word in brum is his agent contact villa today to request an interview but was told that they were looking at others, and proberly felt that he was only interested once he knew he wasnt getting the LFC job.

Anyway whatever happens i hope you have another good season and are still in the premiership next year, all the best and whatever will be will be.

UTV SOTC

[quote user="CoE82"]
PL was never 3rd Choice, from everything i''ve heard since McGash was rightfully sacked, he has ben No1 on the fans list as well as the owners.[/quote]
Then why was Ole Gunnar Solskjær approached first? Logically, Lambert must be at least second choice.

[quote user="CoE82"]

[quote user="Stretcharm"]The Villa fans on Twitter seem to think its a done deal as of course he''ll join them. They clearly know nothing about the canny Scotsman.

I wouldn''t want to join any company if I knew I was 3rd choice for the job, so I would imagine that someone like Lambert would not either.[/quote]

Evening Lads.

Villa fan in peace

One personal note i''d be happy if we end up with PL, but wouldn''t be sad if he decided to stay put at NCFC as he has started a project and it would be interesting to see how far he could get yourselve''s.

I was glad to see you boys back in the Premier League as you were one of the teams that fought for the 1st PL title with ourselves and Man Utd, Hopefully whatever happens NCFC stay in the premiership where they belong(IMHO).

But there is a few things that have been said on here that are incorrect so i will try and put them right.

PL was never 3rd Choice, from everything i''ve heard since McGash was rightfully sacked, he has ben No1 on the fans list aswell as the owners.

It seems we have interviewed a fare few people for the job, but considering how our board messed up the last appointment, i think it was right they spoke to as many candidates as possible.

Here''s a post from the local Birmingham radio station that PL was 1st choice

"Tom Ross Tom Ross ‏@thegoalzone Villas number one target is Paul Lambert

the Norwich manager.. Villa still have to go through interview etc "

Now i''m not saying its correct but if you ask any Villa fan about info coming out of the club they will tell you that it very rarely happens unless the powers that be give the ok.

I see the press are saying that we were interested in Martinez and i think after showing his loyality last season to wigan that impressed Randy Lerner, but this time round, he didnt want to be interviewed until he knew if he got the Scousepool job, the word in brum is his agent contact villa today to request an interview but was told that they were looking at others, and proberly felt that he was only interested once he knew he wasnt getting the LFC job.

Anyway whatever happens i hope you have another good season and are still in the premiership next year, all the best and whatever will be will be.

UTV SOTC

[/quote]If he goes to Villa he goes with my admiration and utmost respect.A great young manager on his way to the top.... so don''t be too upset if he moves on elsewhere in due course.

[quote user="Gareth"][quote user="CoE82"]

PL was never 3rd Choice, from everything i''ve heard since McGash was rightfully sacked, he has ben No1 on the fans list as well as the owners.[/quote]

Then why was Ole Gunnar Solskjær approached first? Logically, Lambert must be at least second choice.

[/quote]

Haha...... good point !!! Lambert clearly was not the No1 choice.

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Gareth"][quote user="CoE82"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Of course Lambert could still be first choice, i have been harping on about this for ages, but i would assume an approach has already been made, or at least informal discussions between Norwich and Villa, which i expect were ignored and McNasty came out to play, then perhaps they approached other candidates while also trying to get to Lambert through his agent, and now by going public they are putting extra pressure on the city boards

It doesn''t quite tally, though - Soskjaer was all-but-a certainty this time last week, most Villa fans were rather happy at the suggestion until he turned them down. I just don''t buy it that Lambert was first choice if they are only now making an approach.

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Gareth"][quote user="CoE82"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

like i said there has been more than 1 interview and as far as i''ve heard PL has already been interviewed or spoken to once, and the cynic in me would say its why Grant Holt handing in his request, as i found it strange for him to do that at his age and being that it was NCFC that gave him his big chance, but i could be wrong.

But like i said RL messed up big time last season hiring McGash, so he was always going to interview more than 1 candidate, Rogers has only just been interviewed but that doesnt make him 2nd choice behind RM.

Sometimes you have to sound out more than 1 person before you decide who you want, if it wasnt for the "Randy''s Jet saga" being tracked by a villa fan, no one including the press would of been the wiser that OGS had been interviewed.

surely as football fans, and if and i still think it''s a big IF Lambert leaves then yourselve would expect your board to sound out and interview more than 1 candidate before making up there mind.

the only good thing for us is that when MoN left we had a wage bill that was way out of control due to MoN, it was reported at 80% of our turn over, and is why MoN left as he didn''t want to address it. it is now back down in the 60''s so money will be available to whoever takes over, if you look RL has always backed his managers, he gave 20 million to McGash and rumoured there was more if the deadwood had of been removed.

Anyway whatever happens i wish you guys well for the coming season

[quote user="priceyrice"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Gareth"][quote user="CoE82"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Of course Lambert could still be first choice, i have been harping on about this for ages, but i would assume an approach has already been made, or at least informal discussions between Norwich and Villa, which i expect were ignored and McNasty came out to play, then perhaps they approached other candidates while also trying to get to Lambert through his agent, and now by going public they are putting extra pressure on the city boards[/quote]
McNally has said there has been no official approach, and no talks have taken place. He could be lying of course, but I doubt it. If McNally is telling the truth then Villa have never approached Lambert and there first choice would appear to have been  Ole Gunnar Solskjær where there is definite proof talks took place.

[quote user="CoE82"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Gareth"][quote user="CoE82"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

like i said there has been more than 1 interview and as far as i''ve heard PL has already been interviewed or spoken to once, and the cynic in [/quote]

Firstly if Villa have contacted Lambert with regards to the Villa job without the board''s consent, they are in a lot of trouble. Our chief executive has said there have been no talks between the Norwich board and Villa about Lambert, so any approach Villa may have made is (I believe) illegle.  

If the above is true than Lambert has never talked to Villa and may see there approach now as him not being first choice and might feel insulted because of it. When Lambert was appointed by Norwich, he was always first choice, and was signed quickly without other interviews taking place (as far as we know).

I still stand by what I said a few weeks back, in that Lambert had been tapped up by Villa - usually a third party. All this ''Villa expect to approach Norwich tomorrow'' is nonsense. It''s already happened! Why wait till tomorrow?

Villa could be a whole load of trouble for Lambert and I wonder how long the fans would give him, but they have much more potential than us and would give him the ideal stepping stone to a top 6 club, who wouldn''t take a chance with him at this point.

Best of luck if he does goes and a coup and a half for Villa if they have got him. Back to being little old Norwich, though were we ever anything else?

[quote user="basil brush"]I still stand by what I said a few weeks back, in that Lambert had been tapped up by Villa - usually a third party. All this ''Villa expect to approach Norwich tomorrow'' is nonsense. It''s already happened! Why wait till tomorrow?

Villa could be a whole load of trouble for Lambert and I wonder how long the fans would give him, but they have much more potential than us and would give him the ideal stepping stone to a top 6 club, who wouldn''t take a chance with him at this point.

Best of luck if he does goes and a coup and a half for Villa if they have got him. Back to being little old Norwich, though were we ever anything else?[/quote]
Then Norwich take Villa to court and sue them. Villa are already 120 million pounds in debt, a protracted legal battle is the last thing they want, and Norwich get a decent sum of money.

[quote user="Gareth"][quote user="basil brush"]I still stand by what I said a few weeks back, in that Lambert had been tapped up by Villa - usually a third party. All this ''Villa expect to approach Norwich tomorrow'' is nonsense. It''s already happened! Why wait till tomorrow? Villa could be a whole load of trouble for Lambert and I wonder how long the fans would give him, but they have much more potential than us and would give him the ideal stepping stone to a top 6 club, who wouldn''t take a chance with him at this point. Best of luck if he does goes and a coup and a half for Villa if they have got him. Back to being little old Norwich, though were we ever anything else?[/quote]

Then Norwich take Villa to court and sue them. Villa are already 120 million pounds in debt, a protracted legal battle is the last thing they want, and Norwich get a decent sum of money.

[/quote]

.. and as we know, McNally can be very litigious !!  NoW springs to mind [:D]

[quote user="Gareth"][quote user="CoE82"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Gareth"][quote user="CoE82"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

like i said there has been more than 1 interview and as far as i''ve heard PL has already been interviewed or spoken to once, and the cynic in [/quote]

Firstly if Villa have contacted Lambert with regards to the Villa job without the board''s consent, they are in a lot of trouble. Our chief executive has said there have been no talks between the Norwich board and Villa about Lambert, so any approach Villa may have made is (I believe) illegle.  

If the above is true than Lambert has never talked to Villa and may see there approach now as him not being first choice and might feel insulted because of it. When Lambert was appointed by Norwich, he was always first choice, and was signed quickly without other interviews taking place (as far as we know).

[/quote]

As much as i agree with you, we all know it goes on, and there''s not much that can be done about it, if and like i said a BIG IF we are now making an approach it would be on the understanding that PL is interested, agents just want to make money and will tout there clients around regardless of any contract in placed.

As a villa fan i have had to watch our player being tapped up left right and centre in the last 3-4 years, we all know it goes on and thats its wrong but the powers that be won''t do anything about it.

you just have to watch a harry redtwat interview to see tapping up in all its glory during the transfer window.

[quote user="Gareth"][quote user="basil brush"]I still stand by what I said a few weeks back, in that Lambert had been tapped up by Villa - usually a third party. All this ''Villa expect to approach Norwich tomorrow'' is nonsense. It''s already happened! Why wait till tomorrow?

Best of luck if he does goes and a coup and a half for Villa if they have got him. Back to being little old Norwich, though were we ever anything else?[/quote]

[/quote]

Can you really see that happening, if PL is intersted and NCFC won''t entertain it, as is there right,then i think he''ll resign,and we will pay compensation of his contract, which i would guess would be 12 months.

Also our debt is to our billionaire owner and his family trust,so unless RL sells up it means nothing, if PL does become the next villa manager then i expect him to be back with a minium of 20-30 million transfer fund.

if the Europa League is within the capabilities of Norwich then competing in (and winning AGAIN) the Champiuons League is within the capabilities of Aston Villa.

Now, I''m not sure what the future of PL is BUT there are an awful lot of people on here totally downplaying the size and potential of Villa. They are the major club of the UK''s Second City. They don''t have a sugardaddy yet have still been able to fork out £24 million for a striker. They are the fourth most successful football club in England (and were the MOST successful for seventy-odd years). To downplay all that history and potential and simply say Norwich are now a sideways step from Villa - as some have NCFC fans have said - is madness.

PL might stay at Norwich for all sorts of reasons but that won''t make them a club anywhere near approaching Aston Villa. They created the world''s first football league and have spent 102 years in top flight footy...they''re an ever present in the Premier League. The limit of their ambition most certainly is not qualifying for the Europa League, that''s the minimum basic requirement for Villa.