Sign in to follow this  
ncfcstar

AVFC Official Approach

I wouldn''t mind betting the scumbags have already approached NCFC and have been denied permission to speak to him and have decided to go public to try and bring the matter to a head. The fact that there have been no announcements about the out of contract players makes me think that Lambert has been waiting on the outcome of the Villa job so as not to release anyone that a new manager may want.My feeling is that he''ll more than likely end up there altough I can''t think why he''d want to go to a club who may be bigger than us but in reality the limit of their ambitions is the Europa league which would be within our capabilities within a couple of years if he stays.

[quote user="pliff"]We have to deny them permission to speak to him and improve his contract come on Delia and Mcnally time to play your joker we need to keep the momentum going give him a sensible but affordable transfer budget and keep him here otherwise we could go back to square one again. Why does nobody want to invest in our wonderful football club? ambition, ambition,ambition that is the only way ahead
[/quote]

Now''s the time we find out how many teeth and nails we have

w1seguy: From what I hear Holt is staying (even though his house has been targeted by idiots with excrement etc,etc)...

Tangible: If this is true I hope these idiots are  not Norwich fans.  

-----------------------------------------------------

BTW. Holty and his family dont deserve that sort of behaviour.

The Villa fans on Twitter seem to think its a done deal as of course he''ll join them. They clearly know nothing about the canny Scotsman.

I wouldn''t want to join any company if I knew I was 3rd choice for the job, so I would imagine that someone like Lambert would not either.

Two things.

Why the feck do they tell the media they are about to approach Lambert and not just approach him/the club?

Or is that all part of the unsettling process?

I still think Lambert will see Norwich as project incomplete. Of course as usual it will be money that tempts him away.

Whatever, lets get this over quickly one way or the other and move on.

If Lambert is up for Villa there is absolutely no point McNally saying no. Lambert will still end up there by the beginning of next season and Norwich will lose 2 weeks of the pre-season fighting a losing battle.Villa won''t make an approach without having the word that Lambert wants to go (all that would take is a very quick call from an agent) - just hope it is all sorted quickly so Lambert can continue to build here, or we can get a new man in ASAP.

I personally don''t think he''ll go, but I''m glad it''s come to a head and we can get an answer and move on quickly. It''s all getting a bit boring now.

It is interesting that some in the media seem to think that an approach means whoever will leave, as though there is no ''choice'' to be made: the fact is that Villa have been definitely turned down by Solskjaer when they seemed certain he''d join, and (presumably) twice by Martinez + there may be others.

I am just not sure they are the catch they seem to believe they are, for some reason - but that is not to say Lambert will or won''t go there if offered. He does seem to be second or third choice, which I''d not be impressed by if I were him.

To an extent, I don''t really mind who our manager is - there are plenty capable of taking us forward - but whatever happens, the quicker this silliness is sorted the better, as we need to plan for the new season.

[quote user="Harry"]Can''t see PL wanting to leave us for Villa.[/quote]

Massive stadium.

Massive fan base.

Massive history.

Big reputation.

The ONLY people who think Villa aren''t a step up for Lambert are Norwich fans.

I believe he''ll go because if he gets Villa playing, to Cup QFs/SFs/Fs and knocking on the door of Europe his next move would be a big one.

Just my humble opinion though - and I am a pessimist! 

Don''t think he''ll leave personally. Will be good to at some point soon put the Lambert and also the slightly forgotten about Holt saga to bed.

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]

Massive stadium.

Massive fan base.

Massive history.

Big reputation.

I believe he''ll go because if he gets Villa playing, to Cup QFs/SFs/Fs and knocking on the door of Europe his next move would be a big one.

[/quote]

Surely Brendan Rodgers has today proved that you can get a "big one" straight from a reletvely small club?!?

Sorry to be cynical about this, but,as I''ve said all along, basically, it all depends on how deep Lerner''s pockets are.

If they are shallow, PL will stay in Norfolk.

If they are very deep, expect him to be unveiled as the new AVFC boss in the next 72 hrs.

Money talks.

OR

His mate O''Neil left under a cloud.

No one else seems to want the job.

They have a massive player wage bill, so less cash than you think.

Worse league performance for years.

Their fans on message boards I have read have mixed feelings about Lambert.

I think he will stay - this year. - I''m an optimist !

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]

Massive stadium.

Massive fan base.

Massive history.

Big reputation.

[/quote]Think you''re being kind calling them massive tbh. They''re bigger than us but I wouldn''t go as far as to call them massive, capabale of maybe winning the FA cup and qualifying for the Europa league nowadays but then the same could apply to us in a year or two. Remember them winning the Champions League in the early eighties but they''ll never get anywhere near doing it again.

To everyone saying McNally should just reject the approach, hopefully the working relationship between the two is so strong they will have a conversation and Lambert will confirm his intentions one way or another, so the club can deal with it and prepare the best the can this summer.

I think as NCFC fans that is the most we can ask for.  The last thing we need is a protracted battle over Lambert, because if we wants to leave he will at the end of the day no matter what.

The plus points for Lambert to take the Villa job:

Possible larger potential at a bigger City

Taken Norwich as far as he can and wants a new challenge.

An Increase in his salary.

The Negative points for Lambert Not to take the Villa job:

Third Choice after Solskjaer and Martinez, even they would''nt touch it !

The Owner is not the easiest person to work with and I''m sure Lambert will be on the phone to O''Neil to get an opinion. He has a good working relationship with the Norwich Board but at Villa ? ?

More media spotlight which he seems to greatly hate.

A playing budget possibly similar to ours or may be even less.

All The Premier League Chairmen meet in Darlington tomorrow so I''m sure we will know more very soon.

Although I think Lambert would regret moving to Villa if he did so I have a feeling he might just decide to go for the challenge and Villa being the next progression to a really top job in the future.

I just agree with many posters and hope its sorted soon so OUR club can start to prepare for next season which if with a new manager will be critical that we get a new man in soon.

It''s been eerily quiet at Carrow Rd this week and I guess we now know why!??!.........You would have certainly thought that by now some sort of announcement would have been made about the Holt/McNally''s talks, the contract details of Fox,Drury and Ward and details of the clubs pre-season foreign arrangments by now......maybe the manager has had other things on his mind?

Bring it on.....now we''ll get to see exactly where the land lies. A word of warning though Lambert , the last time our manager left us for a "bigger club" who''s team on the pitch was in a shambolic state, i.e Mike Walker, it didnt last very long and eventually came back cap in hand for his old job.

[quote user="Common Sense"]

The Owner is not the easiest person to work with and I''m sure Lambert will be on the phone to O''Neil to get an opinion. He has a good working relationship with the Norwich Board but at Villa ? ?

All The Premier League Chairmen meet in Darlington tomorrow so I''m sure we will know more very soon.

Although I think Lambert would regret moving to Villa if he did so I have a feeling he might just decide to go for the challenge and Villa being the next progression to a really top job in the future.

I just agree with many posters and hope its sorted soon so OUR club can start to prepare for next season which if with a new manager will be critical that we get a new man in soon.

[/quote]

If anyone can seriously think this at all times in the history of Norwich City football club then that in itself is a reason as to why he should go.

If somebody cant see that this is a hugely exciting time to be involved at Norwich and doesnt relish a massive opportunity ahead, then they should leave and hand over to somebody that can see it and does believe that they can move us forward ?!?!?

I seem to recall that PL did an interview with SSN last week saying how much he enjoyed it at Norwich, great rapport with board and fans and saying why would he want to leave. I maybe being optimistic but until I hear something different from him I am inclined to believe him.

AV have every right to make an approach it does not mean that PL has courted it or even wants it.

I really want him to stay, would be gutted if he went but I don''t think we should be hitting the panic button yet.

OTBC

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Common Sense"]

[/quote]

If anyone can seriously think this at all times in the history of Norwich City football club then that in itself is a reason as to why he should go.

If somebody cant see that this is a hugely exciting time to be involved at Norwich and doesnt relish a massive opportunity ahead, then they should leave and hand over to somebody that can see it and does believe that they can move us forward ?!?!?

[/quote]

Lambert only said on SSN a few days ago that "all managers have a sell buy date" quoting the decision of the Barcelona manager.

The question is does he think his time is up at NCFC ? ?

I don''t know how this will play out, but Rodgers getting the Liverpool job will surely throw a spanner in the logic of Villa being a stepping stone for him. If he does a good job, the big clubs will seemingly come calling regardless of whether he is at Norwich or Villa. If that was a big factor (Im not saying it is, I know no more than any of you - except maybe BW) but if it were a significant factor - then Liverpool have done us a massive favour today.

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]

Massive stadium.

Massive fan base.

Massive history.

Big reputation.

[/quote]Think you''re being kind calling them massive tbh. They''re bigger than us but I wouldn''t go as far as to call them massive, capabale of maybe winning the FA cup and qualifying for the Europa league nowadays but then the same could apply to us in a year or two. Remember them winning the Champions League in the early eighties but they''ll never get anywhere near doing it again.[/quote]Totally agree.  If they were massive they wouldn''t be after Lambert. They''d be chasing a world class manager. 

Holt has just taken time out from winding up the Swans to retweet the Villa approach story. Can''t think he''d have done that unless he knows something we don''t, so I''m taking that as he''s staying.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Holt has just taken time out from winding up the Swans to retweet the Villa approach story. Can''t think he''d have done that unless he knows something we don''t, so I''m taking that as he''s staying.[/quote]Interesting.Lol, says the man who really doesn''t "get" twitter.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Holt has just taken time out from winding up the Swans to retweet the Villa approach story. Can''t think he''d have done that unless he knows something we don''t, so I''m taking that as he''s staying.[/quote]
Excuse me for being a little slow, but how could this mean Lambert is staying?

[quote user="Gareth"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Holt has just taken time out from winding up the Swans to retweet the Villa approach story. Can''t think he''d have done that unless he knows something we don''t, so I''m taking that as he''s staying.[/quote]
Excuse me for being a little slow, but how could this mean Lambert is staying?
[/quote]

Would he be able to comment or anything if there was something in it?

I personally think we''re safe.

http://www.ontheballcity.com/why-id-be-baffled-if-lambert-went-to-villa/

^^ As I''ve stated. Cheeky little plug there. Calm yourselves people.

I just think it would be an extremely odd thing for a team captain to promote a story about the manager leaving if there was any truth in it. Read it how you want but I would have thought they''d be under strict instruction to button it if there was any mileage in it.