Sign in to follow this  
ncfcstar

AVFC Official Approach

So SSN are reporting, Paul Lambert is AVFC top target and they will approach NCFC within 24 hours....

Its almost got to the point for me that I don''t care what happens, as long as it happens soon and we get it over with!

[quote user="morty"]Its almost got to the point for me that I don''t care what happens, as long as it happens soon and we get it over with![/quote]Agreed, if this is the case I''d rather it gets done and dusted this week.

Which we will of course reject.... you would think then it comes down to do Villa move on or does it become a bit unofficial and contact is made anyway?

As hard as I try to try and take a balanced view on this, and try and reason what he may do, I honestly have no idea how this is going to end.I trust McNally to bring in an adequate replacement, who will inherit a good squad.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="morty"]Its almost got to the point for me that I don''t care what happens, as long as it happens soon and we get it over with!
[/quote]

Agreed, if this is the case I''d rather it gets done and dusted this week.
[/quote]

Ditto and if I''m wrong to put my trust in him....which I still do btw.

[quote user="G"]Which we will of course reject.... you would think then it comes down to do Villa move on or does it become a bit unofficial and contact is made anyway?[/quote]It comes down to Lambert in the end, does he want to go or not.  If we reject it, and he is happy then fine.  If we reject and he wants to go, we can''t stand in his way.  Either way, we''ll find out soon enough.

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]

McNally may well reject approaches but I''m sure Lambert will want to hear Villa out at the very least.

I think he''ll be off now.

[/quote]You could well be right, tbh.[:(]

People saying on wotb and villa sites that sky also say Lambert will be Villa manager within 7 days , 1/5 with Ladbrokes it is begging to look like a done deal .

Agree that it needs sorting so that pre season preparations can get underway. I know that Lambert has come across as "non committal" but I genuinely believe that he just hates playing the media game and doesn''t feel that he needs to do anything that he doesn''t want to do. From what I hear Holt is staying (even though his house has been targeted by idiots with excrement etc,etc) so if that was linked to knowing that Lambert will still be here to manage him then it doesn''t take a genius that something is already sorted that we''re not privvy to.

[quote user="w1seguy"]Agree that it needs sorting so that pre season preparations can get underway. I know that Lambert has come across as "non committal" but I genuinely believe that he just hates playing the media game and doesn''t feel that he needs to do anything that he doesn''t want to do. From what I hear Holt is staying (even though his house has been targeted by idiots with excrement etc,etc) so if that was linked to knowing that Lambert will still be here to manage him then it doesn''t take a genius that something is already sorted that we''re not privvy to.[/quote]Targetted by idiots with excrement?

But how should McNally et al react - obviously AV have made their intentions clear up front to the news agencies, which I beleive is a sign of weakness really.  If they were really confident then there is no need to highlight things via the press.  However by doing so it makes it difficult for McNally to deny access without discussing it with Lambert first.  The best we can hope is thus a united dismissal of the approach.  Either way we should know by the weekend where this is going.

[quote user="w1seguy"]Agree that it needs sorting so that pre season preparations can get underway. I know that Lambert has come across as "non committal" but I genuinely believe that he just hates playing the media game and doesn''t feel that he needs to do anything that he doesn''t want to do. From what I hear Holt is staying (even though his house has been targeted by idiots with excrement etc,etc) so if that was linked to knowing that Lambert will still be here to manage him then it doesn''t take a genius that something is already sorted that we''re not privvy to.[/quote]Pardon?

Time to tell villa we want 3 million if Lambert goes there as pays for new manager to come in as its will cost to bring in the new boss , if he goes should get in someone like carl robinson

If Martinez and Solskjaer have said no to Villa then there is something putting them off, why''s Lambert going to want to be third choice?

We have to deny them permission to speak to him and improve his contract come on Delia and Mcnally time to play your joker we need to keep the momentum going give him a sensible but affordable transfer budget and keep him here otherwise we could go back to square one again. Why does nobody want to invest in our wonderful football club? ambition, ambition,ambition that is the only way ahead

[quote user="i 8 1p5wich"]Time to tell villa we want 3 million if Lambert goes there as pays for new manager to come in as its will cost to bring in the new boss , if he goes should get in someone like carl robinson[/quote]The guy who''s spent 3 years not getting Mk dons promoted?