Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Lambert- the "cowards" way out.

Thanks for the 3 years but surely the REAL test was coming up now?. The challenge to sustain and progress the job you''ve started with the team you''ve built and prove it wasnt just a flash in the pan, instead of jumping ship at the first job that becomes available??

If you''ve left because you think you''ve taken us as far as you can then that I''m afraid is surely an admission of your own managerial shortcomings if you dont think you can progress this team and probably a reason in itself as to why you should leave anyway?? 

Time to get in somebody that believes that they can move us forward and actually finish the job thats been started.

It may sound bitter but I hope Villa crash and burn...and looking at their team on the last day of the season, can even Lambert save that?. 

I hope "second season syndrome" really does hit Paul Lambert and Villa suffer because of it !!!

[quote user="morty"]I''d hang slack on this lol, its a Sun news story.[/quote]Normally I''d agree, but it has also been reported by a Times journo, accepted as fact by a Sky Sports news journo... never say never, but I''d be much more surprised if it wasn''t true at this stage.

[quote user="Alan_Grey"][quote user="morty"]I''d hang slack on this lol, its a Sun news story.[/quote]Normally I''d agree, but it has also been reported by a Times journo, accepted as fact by a Sky Sports news journo... never say never, but I''d be much more surprised if it wasn''t true at this stage.[/quote]

The Sun, The Times, Sky Sports News = ALL THE SAME COMPANY

That''s the Murdoch Empire for you.

[quote user="Alan_Grey"][quote user="morty"]I''d hang slack on this lol, its a Sun news story.[/quote]Normally I''d agree, but it has also been reported by a Times journo, accepted as fact by a Sky Sports news journo... never say never, but I''d be much more surprised if it wasn''t true at this stage.[/quote]The journos are gagging for this, they want it to happen.I''ll hang back on this, I''m not in denial, I just don''t underestimate the medias desire to manufacture a story where there may not be one.

The real test was coming up now? So why not move on to somewhere that can offer you more money to spend and give you a better chance of passing that test? Can''t say I blame him if he''s been told he''ll have more money to spend.

If it''s true, I''ll thank him for the past three years, treat him with indifference from now on (just a manager of another club) and look forward to seeing who we get in as a replacement.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

Thanks for the 3 years but surely the REAL test was coming up now?. The challenge to sustain and progress the job you''ve started with the team you''ve built and prove it wasnt just a flash in the pan, instead of jumping ship at the first job that becomes available??

If you''ve left because you think you''ve taken us as far as you can then that I''m afraid is surely an admission of your own managerial shortcomings if you dont think you can progress this team and probably a reason in itself as to why you should leave anyway?? 

Time to get in somebody that believes that they can move us forward and actually finish the job thats been started.

It may sound bitter but I hope Villa crash and burn...and looking at their team on the last day of the season, can even Lambert save that?. 

I hope "second season syndrome" really does hit Paul Lambert and Villa suffer because of it !!!

[/quote]

Careful.. We''ll get some Col U fans on here in a minute and you know what the response will be. "Ha Ha, serves you right" etc. Truth is, we got our 3 years out of him and we''re now a Premier League club with a bright future. I think genuinely, Lambert will struggle at Villa with the expectation and the complete rebuild their team needs... Now time for us to focus on bringing in a new manager and consolidating our Premier League position...

[/quote]

Oh come on get a grip.  Its the way we got him.  Col U fans are probably shouting Karma as I type

He was our Manager, he''s not now.  When he comes back here (which will probably be the first game of next season now!) I''ll neither applaud him or boo him.   Next season at Villa will be a massive test for him as their expectation will be high - not many managers have left ncfc over the years and gone on to be a success elsewhere

Our board will find the right man to carry on what he started - onwards and upwards

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aston-villa/9301327/Manager-Paul-Lambert-heads-to-Aston-Villa-after-a-reported-bust-up-with-Norwich-City.htmlNot a News Corp company. Now not everything is true even when reported by so many outlets, but something of this magnitude is unlikely.

[quote user="goonuppersee"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote]

Oh come on get a grip.  Its the way we got him.  Col U fans are probably shouting Karma as I type

He was our Manager, he''s not now.  When he comes back here (which will probably be the first game of next season now!) I''ll neither applaud him or boo him.   Next season at Villa will be a massive test for him as their expectation will be high - not many managers have left ncfc over the years and gone on to be a success elsewhere

Our board will find the right man to carry on what he started - onwards and upwards

[/quote]

I dont see it as the same situation as Colchester at all!....he took over at Colchester in League one , he left them in League One and realistically thats all Colchester were ever going to be. He''d been here for 3 years and was responsible for bringing in all bar 2 or 3 of our present team and was mid way through a job, this isnt a slant on what he''s done for this club, far from it, I''m dissappointed in him as a man and a manager for not wanting to continue the challenge he''s started.

[quote user="morty"]Lol, he hasn''t actually left yet...[/quote]

I admire your steadfast bullishness on this......but this would be the biggest smoke without fire witnessed??

[/quote]Depends how much you want to believe it I guess.I''m happy to wait for something more concrete before pushing the panic button.

I also wonder what messagew this sends out to our players??......Is Lambert saying to them, "I''ve taken you lot as far as I can, I don''t have faith that I can do it again with you lot next season?!". If we had a manager that was thinking along those lines then its probably best that he isnt here anymore and that somebody comes in with a bit more faith in them ?!?

For crying out loud. One journalist starts a rumour (shock horror in the close season!) and already we are insinuating that PL is taking  a coward''s way out, and has left!

Villa might be appeasing their fans with a story (a la Rangers and Grant Holt) to buy themselves time, with all the Liverpool/Chelsea managerial stuff been going on.

PL will go one day, but he may well not go for another five hundred and one days!.

McNally may well say (quietly, and not in front of any journalists!) that ''Villa have asked to speak to you Paul, we do not want you to go, but we are obliged to say that Villa have approached us. Do you want to speak to them? If so, what is the appeal for going to speak to them, and what would it take for them (Villa) to persuade you to leave, and is there anyway we could match that?''

PL might well say ''No, I am happy here'', end of story. We move on.

I am with Morty on this, feeling pretty mellow, it may well happen, and if so, lets look to the next manager, or it may be journos trying to justify there jobs :0

[quote user="London Canary"]what a tosser he is if he does go after what he has said[/quote]To be fair, I think we haven''t got as much right to be angry at Lambert than Swansea have to be at Rodgers. Lambert never explicitly said he was staying, or wasn''t interested in the Villa job.

Now looking pretty obvious Lambert was just waiting to be pushed to the top of Villa''s wanted list,hence the lack of transfer activity,McNally''s not stupid so plan B is probably in the starting blocks,as for Lambert thanks for what youv''e done but are you really happy at being 4th choice for a job ?

I agree with the OP, if he goes like that ,

I won''t think about the last couple of seasons, but the way he lead us all to believe he would stay. Isn''t there any loyalty in football anymore? I''m afraid I would fear the worst then...we''ll get relegated...etc... I can''t think of a manager who can fill his shoes at the moment... Sorry to have top say this : if he goes , f)$k him!

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]I agree with the OP, if he goes like that ,

I won''t think about the last couple of seasons, but the way he lead us all to believe he would stay. Isn''t there any loyalty in football anymore? I''m afraid I would fear the worst then...we''ll get relegated...etc... I can''t think of a manager who can fill his shoes at the moment... Sorry to have top say this : if he goes , f)$k him![/quote]Do fans show loyalty to managers? Of course not.Free to do what he wants in my book, he came here under very similar circumstances. He has himself said in many press conferences that sooner or later the fans will turn on him and want someone else in charge, fair play to him for getting out while his stock is at its highest. Gutted yes, but I couldnt give a stuff about the Colchester fans when he came, so I am just accepting it now.The real question is what manager can step into his shoes? - And more importantly, will the fans give him any time?