Sign in to follow this  
Canary Boy

Lambert Staying At Norwich..

[quote user="Canary Boy"]http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18173465...according to this. Please let it be true![/quote]

sorry to disappoint you but that''s an old article from the 23rd of May :(

[quote user="Canary Boy"]Why would he say going to Villa is "absolute nonsense" and then do it a few days later?[/quote]He did not. He said that people go onto message boards and make up absolute nonsense. Yes, it''s arguing the toss over some subtle wording, but even if he had said exactly that, managers and players have done the opposite of what they''ve said countless times before and always will.

This from the bottom of the BBC story:

"Villa are not the enticing proposition they once were, and

Norwich are no ''country cousins'' by comparison - Carrow Road''s 22,000

season tickets last season matched that sold at Villa Park.

Norwich chief executive David McNally is a tough

operator and will do his utmost to keep Lambert. The Scot will need

convincing by Villa, if they are allowed to talk to him."

None whatsoever if Lambert has resigned....and he will only be resigning if he knows he can walk straight into the Villa job.

Unless it was all just a smokescreen, Solskjaer and Martinez were ahead of PL on Villa''s radar, and it would seem that PL was not even a consideration for the Liverpool job. His suspected resignation smacks of desperation to get one of the two ''reasonably attractive'' managerial positions that are likely to be up for grabs in the foreseeable future...

I would think if Villa get PL, then their fans will be a lot happier than Liverpool fans.

I''ve been saying since all this speculation began that I thought he''d stay.

Now I''m not so sure.

Though something doesn''t add up in all this story of resignation for me.

I honestly have no idea, Villa will have to make him some pretty big promises, he won''t just leave for a few extra quid.

I am afraid the silence from FCR is deafening. With the world now reporting this you would expect McNally to deny it if it was not true. Although in your defence op I do wonder if the silence is more like - thanks for your resignation Paul - we still want you as our manager so go away think again and let us know if you still feel that way tomorrow lunch time.

In my opinion, and I also have no sources and have heard nothing apart from what SSN have just reported, I think he''s as good as gone. We will be looking for a new manager by the end of tomorrow. I think it''s all pretty much nailed on now.

He never said he wanted to stay. Seemed he was always waiting for an offer. Just wish he''d have saved his comments about what he wanted to achieve with us next year and how he loved it here etc etc etc because when you go and speak to another club, all that talk means nothing!

Legend though.

[quote user="morty"]I honestly have no idea, Villa will have to make him some pretty big promises, he won''t just leave for a few extra quid.
[/quote]

Well when you think that both Martinez and Solskjaer have turned Villa down it suggests something isn''t quite right there and that he isn''t their first choice.

You''d also have to assume he''s aware of why Martin O''Neill left Villa.

So, yeah, with that taken into account then I think Villa would have to come up with some big promises.

[quote user="Shaker Maker"]But the SUN are reporting it and they are a source of truth and knowledge...

[;)][/quote]

More to the point, as usual, the club has said nothing

"No-one from the club was available for comment last night, but City’s chief executive David McNally made his position clear at the end of the season..........."

Lol, on SSN - "We understand Lambert""He is rumoured to be""We expect him to meet Villa, possibly today"Cutting edge journalism, brimming with facts!

[quote user="morty"]Lol, on SSN - "We understand Lambert""He is rumoured to be""We expect him to meet Villa, possibly today"Cutting edge journalism, brimming with facts![/quote]This post sums up why there is still a little part of me thinking that he might stay.Fingers crossed!But the SUN are reporting he''s left so it MUST be true [;)]

He''s gone [img]http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-6.gif[/img]