Sign in to follow this  
TwoSheds

Should Worthy have gone halfway through the season?

After the of ''Should Worthy go or not?'' Poll was so succesfull i still do believe the question should have been ''Should Worthy have gone halfway through the season?''  Personally i think a big fat yes.

If he was to walk now or get sacked it wouldnt make the blind bit of difference to our position & although mathimaticly its still possible for us to stay up i cant think of one manager past or present who could get us out of this mess at the moment. We need someone along the lines of Houdini or David Blane !

But if he had walked or got sacked around the Christmas period them im sure our fortunes would have changed ! Yes i hear you say we have had lots of injuries & we have a small squad.So what,how about all the players who have been constantly sh i te & he keeps playing them ect ect?

So i ask you the fans, Do you think he should have gone halfway theough the season?

How do we know that whoever would''ve come in would''ve kept us up?  The majority of the squad are players Worthy has brought in.  They know him and he knows them.  They know the training style and the routine.  If a new manager had come in he would''ve done things his way and it might have taken weeks for the players to adjust.  Also, who would''ve come? 

IMO a definite NO

Should he have gone , thats a hard one .When Delia and most at the club as much as said relegation was acceptable before a ball was kicked , then what do you sack him for ? under achieving , that would be hard when he is delivering the expected.Personally i think if we had of changed manager at Xmas we may of given ourselves a better chance to stay up , could we really have done any worse ? no . If Worthy would just pick his best side, stop playing the blue eyed boys and get the team fired up and playing with the passion they showed in the first 20 mins of the Man City match i think we could all accept our fate a little easier. Its how we are going down that is hurting a lot of people , we look passionless.

[quote]After the of ''Should Worthy go or not?'' Poll was so succesfull i still do believe the question should have been ''Should Worthy have gone halfway through the season?'' Personally i think a big fat yes....[/quote]

I had to think long and hard about this Two Sheds. Up until Christmas, although I never rated him that highly, I did back him.

But of course, hindsight is a wonderful thing, we should have had the courage to do what West Brom and Southampton did, that is, sack the manager!.

But of course Worthy''s is Delia''s blue eyed boy, so that was never on the cards!.

And I wouldn''t stop with him either, the coaches arejust as much to blame.

We need a fresh set up for next season. Maybe a Burly, Royal (seriously!) Strachen or Basset.

I''m afraid though, I can still see him here next season, and that depresses me.

Although I don''t neccessarily agree with you 1st Wizard, I do think that you have made one very good sugestion and that is George Burley!!

Out of all of the managers in England I would pick him above anyone else!!

Not that i''m calling for Worthy''s head I just think if that decision was made then he would be the guy for me!!

I hate this retrospective history things.

Knowing what we know now, should Worthy have gone halfway through the season?

Simple answer... No. He didn''t.

Another question for you... Should Britain have sided with the Germans in the first world war? - think about it. We would have finally defeated our old foes the French and there never would have been Hitler!

Simple answer... No. We didn''t.

DD the players well may know his training style ect,most of them have for a couple of seasons,But where has that got us this season? The training and tactics have not worked this season in the Prem,hence our diabolical position ! When you are at home playing a football management game and things are going wrong,what do you do? Keep the same style,formation and tactics or change them? If your cars isnt running right do you leave it and hope it runs better by itself or take it to a garage and get it fixed?  This has been our downfall all season,same old players playing the same old way unless forced changes have been made.A change can make all the difference, as i have said regulary on the boards since Christmas when i said it was time for Worthy to go. I also have said a new manager is worth 12 points or so,that is proved nearly every season by teams either sacking there manager or him walking. Southampton and West Brom have proved that once again. No i dont know who could have replaced him or whether someone should have came in to help him,but to do nothing i feel was and is a major balls up by the City Board. Its to late for him to go now i feel so i am just hoping and praying that we can make a swift return to the Prem at the end of next season.