Sign in to follow this  
St.John Cooper

Kick Lambert out of hall of fame

I''m not surprised at all. Lambert has a history of walking out on clubs he

manage. (that is if he''s gone) Remember how we got him.

[quote user="St.John Cooper"]

[quote user="Buzz Killington"]Get a grip!! He''s been our most successful manager ever.[/quote]

Can you define this as I would say it is not the case, as we have finished a lot highter in the PL before?

[/quote]

I define it by taking into account his performance over the time he has been here. The back to back promotions. The win ratio. The fact that everyone wants to take him off our hands. So you''re judging him purely on our finish this season? Are you even a Norwich fan? I understand the upset at this time in the way (rumour has it) that he''s gone, but as I said - get a grip. He''s still done a fantastic job for us over the last 3 years.

He and McNally saved this club, what he has done is an insane achievement. Despite the bitter taste this will leave behind, we cannot forget that.

Part of the problem of putting currently employed players and managers into the hall of fame is when they leave it can leave a bad taste in the mouth, this is why I have always thought it should be reserved for former employees only. In 5 years time Lamberts place will no doubt be looked upon with pride and thanks. Let the dust settle and some time go by and those unhappy at his inclusion now maybe fine with it.

[quote user="AJ"]He and McNally saved this club, what he has done is an insane achievement. Despite the bitter taste this will leave behind, we cannot forget that.[/quote]

Delia Smith saved this club (more than once). Most recently, she appointed McNally who in turn recruited Lambert, backed by Smith and Jones. If the fans expect her to take responsibility for "bad" decisions, as they clearly do, then equally she deserves the credit for the decisions that prove to be inspired. That having been said, the bitter taste will get even more sour if Lambert does go to Villa and quicky starts describing the club and fans as "truly massive" as no doubt he will.

No way, the man is a city legend. Plenty have come and gone before him and that''s just the nature of football and people''s careers. We have a lot to thank him for, he''s dragged this club up from near administration. Just be thankful we have a football club and quite frankly we could do without this kind of negativity, go and support Villa.

Sometimes you wonder if there is anything more ridiculous than some of the posters on this board.

We don''t own PL, he might have a contract just as any of us who work have one, doesn''t enslave us or him to endless service. If he wants out then NCFC get the remaining value of his contract back but he''s been paid to do a job and in my book he has over delivered and under demanded so if any opportunity comes up whether the club and us want hime to go or not he is free to explore.

Catch yourself on folks, he deserves his place in our Hall of Fame and leaving the club as a gentleman who only owes himself and his family a lookout after he has done us more than proud shouldn''t leave us with the slightest of feelings other than thanks for a job well done!

Good luck PL but stay would be my wish and ignore some of the horrocks that goes on here.