Sign in to follow this  
Bentleys Slicked Back Greasy Hair.

Realistic transfer targets

I''m fed up of people metioning players such as Jagielka and Sidwell as transfer targets, they are to expensive and even if we had an offer accepted, a premiership team would come and offer the same ammount straight away. Has anyone got any suggestions that are actually REALISTIC. For example;

Ryan Taylor, a 20 year old right back at tranmere rovers.

Daniel Harding, tall and quick left back, plays at under 21 lever for england, although everton have shown interest.

Nathan clarke, a 21 year old centre back for huddersfield town who has got more man of the matches than his whole team put together this season.

John Halls, a 23 year old strong, quick centre back at stoke.

Kris Commons, a 20 year old left winger at forest who gave a great perfomance against spurs in the f.a cup.

David Vaughan, 21 year old crewe right winger who is named to be the next of dario gradis graduates.

I am struggling to think of any centre mids. Any suggestions......

For me Koumas has to be an option, WBA will undoubtabley unload their fair share of players next season and he hasn''t excatly been in favour. Perhaps Inamoto could be an option, doubt he''s particularly pleased with WBA at mo.

Cardiff''s finacial problems mean that we could potentially raid them. Gabbidon has been mentioned (although we are bound to have stiff competition there). Could we potentially sign the young right winger Jobi McAnuff? He plays for cardiff and is supposed to have some real potential (is excellent on Champ Man too!!

Worthy would never ever go for Koumas and rightly so.  He''s from the Phil Mulryne, Mark Rivers school of work ethic.  John Aldridge, Gary Megson and Bryan Robson all say he''s one of the most gifted players they have ever worked with.  But he can''t reproduce what he does in training on the pitch.  Also has a very dodgy temperament.  Wouldn''t touch him with a barge pole

Don''t really see why players like Sidwell would be out of our league. We have just spent a year in the prem and as such should have some cash to spend in the summer. We should certainly be in the position to pay between 1 and 2 million for a player in the close season. Seem to remember West Brom spending a few quid when they went down last year.

Too right DD. Koumas isn''t a great work-rate player, however i think Worthy is a good man-manager, and i feel he could make him work for the team as he has un-doubtedly premiership quality. Its true than mulryne, river''s, and possibly even Mcveigh fall in the same category, however Worthy did not buy these players, except Rivers possibly, and they have been discarded once players with better attitudes have come in.

When we bought Hucks, and possibly Leon, I thought they would be good quality signings, with question marks regarding their work-rates. However Worthy has seen to make them play.

Regarding Tonge, I''m sure if he was good enough he would have moved on by now.

Worthy has had relative success from buying lower league players, so maybe it is worthywhile to spend say a mil on 3-4 unproven, but promising players from the Championship??

This is a contingency strategy in case Worthy ignores my plan to win the 8 battles left and hence the war.

In the Chumpionship we''ll need a Dean Windass type to bomb around midfield, mix it up and score a few goals - as Martin O''Neill well knows.

Now we can afford to buy him, I wonder if old Windass is still up it? Maybe he has a good season left in the tank?

Then, if Worthy gets us up to the Prem again and can''t hack it next time either, we could get Delia to target O"Neill as he''d probably be finally tired of Celtic by that time!

Then, we could welcome back the prodigal for the third time and complete a virtuous circle.

Ah well, there''s no harm in dreaming even with tongue in cheek!!

OTBC

I would these players are worth a look. I unlike you am not keen on the idea of getting players from div 2 and 3, ok there might be the odd good un that can make the step up to prem football but most can''t, and that is what we having to be judging any new players on "could he hack it at premiership level?" is the question that has to be asked, cos if we recruit only players that are championship standard if we do get re promoted we will again be in for another season of misery like this one.

Some players we should look at imo are the following....

Mikkell Bischoff (Man City) - injury plagued but highly regarded centre back,23 yrs old and out of contract at the end of next season. IF he can stay injury free he would be a potencially great signing and he would cost around 500k or less. Trouble is Wolves have just taken him on loan untill the rest of the season with a view to a permanent move so they have stolen a march on us already.

Rohan Ricketts - former Arsenal youth and reserve midfield player now at Spurs. 22-23 yrs old and good enough for the Prem. Admitted last week that he will have to seek a move away from Spurs to get first team footy. Probably cost 750k ish. Trouble is again Wolves have taken him on loan untill the end of the season.

I personally am concerned about the threat of Wolves next season. They have improved greatly under Hoddle an admittedly they have drawn alot of games but if Hoddle can bring a few players in during the summer they are going to be right up there challenging for auto promotion imo. Big threat for next season in our bid to bounce straight back up.

John Halls - Stoke defender and former Arsenal reserve. Stoke have the best defensive record in the Championship this season and a large part of that is down to him i would guess, he impressed me when we played Stoke at home last season and kept Hux quiet. Might be expensive though as he is a championship player.

Jan Kristiansen - Danish midfielder. 23 yrs old, can play anywhere across the defence. Scores goals and set them up. Highly regarded by most Danish football fans. Sidwell and tonge are good players but would be expensive, this guy probably has just as much talent but would be available for half the price of the aforementioned.

Quite funny how all these realistic players being mentioned are top-notch players on Football Manager 2005