Sign in to follow this  
jp_ncfc111

if it happens who next?

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

inevitably Bruce and MacKay will be mentioned because of their connections....

but

If Culverhouse is responsible for much of the day to day coaching, offer it to him !!!......and then we''ll also get to see how much of it he did when Lambert has to go it alone without his right hand man ?!?!?

[/quote]Culverhouse will most likely go with Lambert.[/quote]

has he ever been offered a Premiership managers job before though??...........and at a club he played for ,for 8 years ?!?!?!?

[/quote]Don''t think we could take the risk tbh - we need someone with previous experience of managing in the Prem and Hughton fits the bill perfectly imo.[/quote]

remind me of Hughtons managerial record in the Premier League?!?!?

[/quote]From memory I think he got them promoted and was doing ok in the Prem then surprisingly was sacked when they were 11th. [/quote]

......about 3 1/2 months ?!?!

[/quote]Limited experience is better than none at all and he certainly did ok, has also done a half decent job at Brum in the Championship. 

It is an interesting one - of Lambert does go we will presumably be looking for a similar guy to Swansea. I hope he doesn''t go, but there are dozens of possibilities: - you could make a good case for any number of Champs managers - eg Malky, Poyet, Holloway, Hughton, Grayson, Jones, or perhaps Coyle; guys recently out of a job like McCarthy, Clark, Bruce, more distant like Curbishley; there''s the more left-field options like di matteo, Keegan or Hoddle, even, or someone from Europe, or we might persuade Culverhouse to stay, or other ex- players like Bowen (or Phelan, even).

I''m not actually sure who I''d go for tbh but there are lots of guys capable of doing a good job. We are in a good position to attract decent calibre Options, that''s for sure.

Hughton would be a decent shout. I just think after all the hysteria and doomsday stuff which inveitably accompany Lambert leaving he would be a very calming influencing on the club. I reckon we might have some pretty stiff competition from either WBA or Swansea for him though who may potentially be thinking along the same lines. If not Malky Mackay wouldn''t be a bad shout. I like the job he has done at Cardiff and they have played a functional style of football what often gets the job done. Rather like teams under Lambert.

Bruce, Martinez, Hughton, Poyet all sound reasonable.... Avaram Grant anyone? [:|]Or we could take a gamble with Culverhouse, or an unproven manager like Paul Ince

But personally i''d like Hucks as player-manager [D]

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

remind me of Hughtons managerial record in the Premier League?!?!?

[/quote]

See Newcastle United

[/quote]

and has been previously mentioned....was all of approx 3 1/2 months

[quote user="Tim Allman"]I''d lay more than a quid that it will be Chris Hughton if Sir Paul leaves[/quote]I wouldn''t be unhappy with this.[Y]

I think we should let Delia decide........She''s never let us down before. [Y]

It won''t happen, this day was always going to come but Lambert is staying. This is ridiculous, Lambert want''s the Chelsea or united job, he wants titles and champs league success, not europa league with villa or liverpool. he will stay for few more seasons and then he may take over from Ferguson or take the Chelsea job. Liverpool aint the club they were now and history aside who the fuck are villa. Look what Moyes has done with no Money at Everton. Lambert can do this here. Thats my opinion.

[quote user="canaries"]Ian holloway .....would be a good move for him and his chickens[/quote]

He''s my choice also although the club may not be too enamoured with his policy of demanding a percentage on players sold.  

[quote user="Ncfc123"]

Malky or Karl Robinson of MK Dons for me.

[/quote]

Gotta be Malky, isn''t he an ex player aswell.

I said this before but cant look beyond hughton for me, done a great job at newcastle and birmingham and is certainly a very young and hungry manager.If not him though Curbishley would too be a good choice. Know hes been out of the game for a while but still i think he managed a club of similar stature to us in charlton and cant feel this would be a good job for him to get into football

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

It was reported in Wednesday''s Times that Birmingham wanted £2m. compensation for Hughton.

[/quote]Well if he takes Cully & Karsa with him, then that (or at least a fair chunk of it) will likely go to another club whose manager we take anyway. If this does prove to be correct then the important thing is for us to give McNally sole responsibility for installing a new manager. Can he pull the trick off twice? He already knew Lambert from their time together at Celtic didn''t they? What other managers has he previously worked with, or can he persuade a decent manager he has no previous with that we are a prospectively attractive option?Oh and just for the record I would not want Hughton as his replacement.

[quote user="greenwichcanary"]I said this before but cant look beyond hughton for me, done a great job at newcastle and birmingham and is certainly a very young and hungry manager.If not him though Curbishley would too be a good choice. Know hes been out of the game for a while but still i think he managed a club of similar stature to us in charlton and cant feel this would be a good job for him to get into football[/quote]Another one who we should keep well away from the recruitment process!

[quote user="TheRock"]Bruce, Martinez, Hughton, Poyet all sound reasonable.... Avaram Grant anyone? [:|]Or we could take a gamble with Culverhouse, or an unproven manager like Paul Ince

But personally i''d like Hucks as player-manager [D][/quote]I agree that Martinez would certainly be top of my wanted list from the names mentioned so far. I wonder if Swansea want him back?

If Lambert is going which is looking likely however confused i get when i think about his decision....

Steve Bruce i belive to be an excellent candidate for the job, as he has done a brilliant job previously on a small busdget with wigan and if it wasnt for his newcastle links he wouldnt have been sacked from sunderland. As o neil showed he bought some good players in for very little money i.e. Mclean and at other clubs.. Valencia e.t.c

for a club in the position we are i think he would be perfect however this dosent mean i really dont hope the whole paul lambert situation isnt being blown massively out of proportion however i belive we need to move on.. and i am worried by the amount of managers with no premier league experience being touted for Lamberts job if he is to leave...

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]to my knowledge Bruce has never been relegated from the Premiership? ( unless i''ve missed someone glaringly obvious?.....it''s late!)......that maybe a trait we need next season?[/quote]I just can''t think of a more uninspiring choice.It says "Safety" not "progression"