Sign in to follow this  
jp_ncfc111

if it happens who next?

The difference is YR, that Lambo brought us up and deserved the chance to give it a go in the Prem. We would be bringing in a guy who has little experience to fight in the best league in the world.

I think we need someone with plenty of experience to keep us up

How many of us on here tipped Lambert to get the job back in 2009? Certainly not me.I think McNally will surprise us all with another appointment "from nowhere".(Although "nowhere" probably isn''t Colchester this time[:)])

[quote user="AJ"]The difference is YR, that Lambo brought us up and deserved the chance to give it a go in the Prem. We would be bringing in a guy who has little experience to fight in the best league in the world. I think we need someone with plenty of experience to keep us up[/quote]

No - we need the RIGHT manager, previous ''experience'' can be massively overrated. Fact is PL had zero Premier League  experience and did a fantastic job. I''m not saying it must be Malky just that we shouldn''t discount any candidate just because they haven''t managed in the Premier League before. There are plenty of out of work ex Premier League managers who I wouldn''t touch with a bargepole!    

I don''t think anybody who saw Cardiff''s performance against Liverpool in the League Cup final should dismiss Malky as a candidate for the job. Compare that with our dismal performance against Liverpool a few weeks later.

[quote user="Power Hamster"]I don''t think anybody who saw Cardiff''s performance against Liverpool in the League Cup final should dismiss Malky as a candidate for the job. Compare that with our dismal performance against Liverpool a few weeks later.[/quote]

what about Cardiff''s poor show in the playoff games against West Sham.....I love Malky and maybe in a few years time he might be ready but not at the moment for me.

Culverhouse will almost certainly go with Lambo, the only thing that might keep him here is his previous association with the club.

Curbs for me at the moment, isnt he mates with our Delia as well?

Uwe Rosler might be worth a look, German philosophy of coaching and wanting to win the game. A bit unproven but could be a left field shout. Doing Ok at Brentford.

been reading a couple of threads and wondering why people think he would be a bad choice or a disaster?he''s been managing for a few years now... did ok at Watford, Got Cardiff to the playoffs and a cup final (Which they were just a kick away from winning)he isnt an untried and untested gamble, its set up for him here too.. he knows the club, knows what it means to the fans and ultimately spent 7 good years here as a player... the guy knows the heartbeat of the club and can instill that passion into anyone.the only thing that does worry me on a different note... Ruddy... if Lambert has left how long do we give him at Carrow road?