Sign in to follow this  
jp_ncfc111

if it happens who next?

I have been optimistic that PL would stay but now accepting he is likely to go.

Driving home the day after the Villa game my wife asked me who I would like as manager if he went. My response was Martinez who seems to still be at Wigan despite links with the other jobs. Not sure he would see Norwich as a sufficient step up but clearly he is not entirely content at Wigan.

My second thought was Culverhouse. I would not be disappointed if he was given a chance but think he is too joined at the hip with PL for that to happen.

What is concerning me though is that if McNally has fallen out with PL by not granting him permission to talk to Villa it does hint at desperation. In particular it would indicate a lack of confidence in Plan B which was talked of by Bowkett (I think) in an interview recently.

WBA are struggling to make an appointment, Swansea are also now in the market so finding a replacement maybe more of a challenge than we think.

OTBC

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[quote user="Sing up the river end "]Culverhouse will go with Lambert.Better think of another[/quote]

Possible, of course, but you have just stated it as a fete accompli. Have you some reliable information to back up this statement? 

[/quote]

"Fait accompli," that''s two of us trying to be clever.

(Edit button pls.)

I''d like to see Curbishley in for the reason that I think an older more experienced man is required in a situation like this (if it is indeed true, as looks likely). He has bags of Premier League experience on a tight budget which is exactly what we need right now to steady the boat. 
The downside is, yes he has been out of the game a while, but there will always be risks with any appointment.

Can''t believe the clamour for Malky as new Manager. Whilst we all respect him as a ''good guy'' and excellent servant to our Club who left far to early, successful/ respected Managers have discipline as a key part of their make up.

Remember the way Cardiff players threw promotion away when we went up and the failure to cross the line this year. Add to this lack of experience and MM really is not the man and nostalgia is no way to select any replacement if indeed it proves to be required!

What is Mike Walker up to these days? Failing that John Deehan? No wait a minute... Dave Stringer, I''m sure he''d jump at the chance.  

One point. If Lambert goes/has gone and we set our sights on a manager in employment we are going to have to play it very much by the book. Otherwise, instead of a fine, we really will get the book thrown at us.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]i would say the downside is that he''s shIt?[/quote]
You''re welcome to your opinion of course...but you''re wrong. [:)]

Culverhouse, Lee Clark and Poyet, - in that order - I doubt whether Bruce has what it takes, Martin O''Neill seems fixed and Malky lacks experience at this level.

Good assistants dont always make good managers, look at Brian Kidd and even John Deehan

Culverhouse would be a huge risk

Why are looking relatively low in regards to our first/second choices assuming PL leaves?I''d be straight on the phone to managers like Rijkaard and Zico to gauge their interest, at which point we can always drop down to people like Hughton, Culverhouse etc.It''s better to ask the question and be refused than settle for second best from the start...

Should we be looking at Malky as an option if the Lambert exit rumours are true?

Would be an interesting choice as our next boss. If he had the chance wouldn''t he move heaven and earth to bring us success?, and lets''s face it we will most likely end up with someone elses reject anyway.

What a good idea perhaps he''d bring Peter Grant back with him as assistant ;)

Thanks but no thanks, I''d rather any compo we got from Villa was in pounds, shilling and pence not someone relegated twice and nearly a third time playing dour football.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/blackpool-will-let-ian-holloway-leave-if-a-bigger-853421

Could he bring Matt Phillips too!

Plays lovely attacking football, juts like we curently do.

He could be the man!!

[/quote] Dont be silly he plays attack a little bit to much to gungho and were gonna go down and could struggle to get back up

[quote user="Armchair Follower"]Would be an interesting choice as our next boss. If he had the chance wouldn''t he move heaven and earth to bring us success?, and lets''s face it we will most likely end up with someone elses reject anyway.[/quote]Getting  McLeish, if we do sign Lambert, would be an absolute disaster for Norwich.He is a record breaking manager though. Lowest number of games won at home in our history, beating the previous record of 5 set in the 1890''s, when there were only 11 home games as opposed to 19 now. Lowest number of wins in a season ever. Lowest points total in a Prem season. Fewest goals scored in a Prem season.We averaged a goal a game last season. The season before when Blues went down they averaged a goal a game. Even when they had their highest finish under McLeish, ninth, they averaged a goal a game. If your board were insane enough to appoint McLeish you''d be relegated almost certainly.I wouldn''t wish him on Birmingham City again, let alone Norwich.

[quote user="Salopian"]Culverhouse, Lee Clark and Poyet, - in that order - I doubt whether Bruce has what it takes, Martin O''Neill seems fixed and Malky lacks experience at this level.[/quote]

Er - and PL did have experience at this level didn''t he (NOT!!).

Malky did a  damn good job at Watford  who were in serious financial troubles and he had to make do with younsters and bosman signings.

At Cardiff he inherited the Dave Jones squad which was then dismantled and, again, he had ...''to make do''. Last season they only just lost the Carling Cup on penalties and got to the play offs! Not a bad record I''d suggest. Malky will be a top manager in the game, if he''s interested we would be totally stupid to pass that chance up.  

Should Lambert go on his merry way to Aston Villa - my personal choice for his replacement would have to be Dougie Freedman from Crystal Palace. Took a side with no budget at all to the league cup semi final, plays football the right way - not just a get it an hoof it method that is so often seen in the Championship with the likes of Big Sam. He is also another young manager who could potentially become a top top manager given the right club and I feel we are the club to offer that to him. In addition, he could bring Nathanial Clyne who is a top top rated full back with him to fill our right back gap whilst also working some magic to snatch Wilfried Zaha as well. Although I am a fan of Chris Martin, perhaps he could also be used as part of the compensation making Freedman slightly cheaper for us also? What says you?