Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

whatever happens, lets not blame McNally for this?!?

I''ve seen on other threads suggestions that McNally should have given Lambert permission to speak to Villa as it "may" have resulted in him turning them down?. I wonder what people''s response would have been had he have spoken to them, taken the job and we then later found out that our board did nothing to try and keep him?

I back McNally here, Lambert was under contract and we refused permission, remember its Lambert that is the villian here (pardon the pun)  that doesn''t want to be at our club.

100% agree. I went through the exact same thought process.

I trust McNally 100% to get the right man for the job in to replace Lambo.

Yeah I think he did the right thing too. If he let Villa in he''d have gone anyway at least it was an attempt to show how much we wanted to keep him.

You can''t blame McNally for this, if it indeed happens.

In a bizarre way, we are victims of his/PL/teams success over the past 3 years and this day was inevetable, I guess, we were all just hoping we had another season maybe 2 with PL.

If PL does leave then I have complete faith that McNally will find the right replacement. Sentimentally Malky would be great but certainly not Stevey Bruce.

It''s obviously all speculation so far, but I disagree, GJL.

Lambert has done a spectacular job here. I think he has more than earned the right to speak to other clubs about the potential of becoming their manager. Yes he''s on a contract, but surely the point of that is to ensure compensation for either party when it is terminated.

If Villa want to speak to him, I think McNally should/should have let them. It''s then up to him to persuade Lambert that we are the better bet. There''s no point keeping someone here against their will.

Imagine how you would feel if after three years of doing the best job someone has done in your position at your company in twenty years, your boss refused you permission to go and speak to another company when a bigger, better-paying job came up. I suspect you would think you had earned the right.

You can''t "blame" McNally for anything, but that''s purely because he should be given the benefit of the doubt because we have no idea what has gone on, not because of 2 lines in a newspaper report which are a simplification and summary of what has no doubt been hours of discussion.

Any decision to allow or to refuse permission to talk to Villa will have been taken at board level, even if informally. McNally may have passed on the message to Lambert, but only after the other directors discussed it. McNally doesn''t have the authority to decide something as significant as that on his own, any more than he has the authority to choose the next manager.

I would be more upset if we lost McNally.I also trust that he will find us a top manager to carry on from Lambert with premiership experience who then bringin premiership players.So chin-up

[quote user="Dibs"]I would be more upset if we lost McNally.I also trust that he will find us a top manager to carry on from Lambert with premiership experience who then bringin premiership players.So chin-up[/quote]This.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Wouldn''t we all love to know what it is.

What do you reckon?

OTBC

[/quote]

F*ck the pair of ''em and especially McNally - it would appear from events that all they''re concerned about is lining their own pockets at the expense of NCFC - it''s likely they''ll both exiting the club at the end of next season.

Well it seems McNally stood in PL''s way which PL thought was unfair considering work done at Norwich.

McNally also seems to be cutting PL''s player budget for next season.

Don''t think DM is blameless.

Hand in hand the two have done a phenomenal job here, but McNally is the first chief who has come across the way he does.

He''s completely quashed our debt and sorted our finances whilst STILL managing to give Lambert the players he wanted. I totally agree, whilst Lambert has done a great job here, he was complacent at times this season and it did make me worry about how we might struggle next year. Maybe McNally can being in a breath of fresh air to help us avoid second season syndrome!

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Well it seems McNally stood in PL''s way which PL thought was unfair considering work done at Norwich.

McNally also seems to be cutting PL''s player budget for next season.

Don''t think DM is blameless.[/quote]"seems to be cutting PL''s player budget"Would it not be better to wait for facts?And if he has cut the budget, its with good reason, ie its for the good of Norwich City''s long term stability.

McNally is the best thing that has happened to this club, lets not go back to the days to Doomcaster!  There are lots of young gifted managers out there who would jump at the chance to manage our great club.  We would miss McNally more than Lambert.

I''m not surprised he walked, he did it to Colchester.  What annoys me is that this is a sideways step, if it was Liverpool, I would have packed his bag for him. 

" If we had of let Lambert listern to them we would of looked weak and spineless for allowing him permission"Or we would have looked confident that we were the better option.  Depending on your point of view.

....so this it, our dear leader has left. The thing is now we have an opportunity to find out who saved us three seasons ago....PL or Mcnally. If Mcnally is half the chief exec we hope he is then a repeat of the bold moves which brought PL to us needs to be repeated with a new manager. I just hope the PL appointment wasn''t a flash in the pan.

I hope for Hughton or Holloway.

Has Lambert resigned because he WANTED to join Aston Villa, or has he resigned because he merely wanted to TALK with them?

Wigan allowed Martinez to talk with Aston Villa, and he decided that the move wasn''t for him. He is now back at Wigan for the year and everything is rosy.

Molde allowed Solksjear to talk with Aston Villa, he decided that the move wasn''t for him. He is now back at Molde and everything is rosy.

Did Lambert feel like he was treated badly for not being allowed to talk formally with Villa?

If allowed, would Lambert have turned down a job that even Martinez considered an unrealistic challenge or didn''t like the vibe from?

If Lambert hadn''t talked to Villa before resigning, then he doesn''t know how much he has to spend, what the current wage bill is, whether he would get to rebuild the Villa squad or has to make do with what they have.

I''m not so certain that Lambert will take the Villa job even if he has quit.

This is potentially a huge mistake. Aston Villa have been doing everything by the book, if they haven''t already talked to Lambert, then we can''t even be certain that Villa were themselves certain that Lambert is the man for their job.

I think that rejecting their approach has been a grave mistake. The list of managers who have talked to Villa and turned them down is nearly endless, they all pull out after talking to the Lerners.

Moyes turned them down twice (after talking to them), Martinez has turned them down twice, Soljskear has turned them down, Benitez has turned them down.

According to Sky Sports reports, he hasn''t actually resigned.

It does seem that McNally has perhaps gone in with a very stubborn stance, which has backfired on him. It may well have turned PL against him and could mean that he will be more likely to accept the job at Villa as a result. I truly hope this won''t be the case, but it''s not looking great at the minute.

I only wish the board would have made more funds available for PL to spend, as this is apparently the cause of things turning sour in the first place. I appreciate that the debts need to be paid off and the club want to get this done as soon as possible, but surely they can afford to keep some of that debt repayment money and put it into the manager''s funds. Even an extra £5million might have made the difference. After all, with the parachute payments over the next 3 years even if the worst was to happen at the end of next season, we would surely be able to see off the last few million of the debt with ease this time next year? I don''t know the ins and outs, Purple Canary has more of an insight, but as far as I''m aware I don''t believe the Club are under any duress to pay it all off by the end of 2012/13 season are they?

[quote user="JuanVelasco"]Has Lambert resigned because he WANTED to join Aston Villa, or has he resigned because he merely wanted to TALK with them?

Wigan allowed Martinez to talk with Aston Villa, and he decided that the move wasn''t for him. He is now back at Wigan for the year and everything is rosy.

Molde allowed Solksjear to talk with Aston Villa, he decided that the move wasn''t for him. He is now back at Molde and everything is rosy.

Did Lambert feel like he was treated badly for not being allowed to talk formally with Villa?

If allowed, would Lambert have turned down a job that even Martinez considered an unrealistic challenge or didn''t like the vibe from?

If Lambert hadn''t talked to Villa before resigning, then he doesn''t know how much he has to spend, what the current wage bill is, whether he would get to rebuild the Villa squad or has to make do with what they have.

I''m not so certain that Lambert will take the Villa job even if he has quit.

This is potentially a huge mistake. Aston Villa have been doing everything by the book, if they haven''t already talked to Lambert, then we can''t even be certain that Villa were themselves certain that Lambert is the man for their job.

I think that rejecting their approach has been a grave mistake. The list of managers who have talked to Villa and turned them down is nearly endless, they all pull out after talking to the Lerners.

Moyes turned them down twice (after talking to them), Martinez has turned them down twice, Soljskear has turned them down, Benitez has turned them down.[/quote]That''s a load of rubbish. You don''t talk to a club unless you have an interest in joining them. I have the distinct impression that if the news this morning was "Norwich give permission for Lambert to talk to Villa" you would have written a similarly long post slating McNally for not denying permission [;)]