Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Am I the only one that hopes both Lambert & Rodgers

(if Lambert true) fail in their new respective jobs spectacularly? Managers, players, all a like, money grabbing fu*k*rs. One season in the top flight is simply that, one season. The second season has been and always will be the proper examination.

Thanks and good luck my arse, I can understand Rodgers, Liverpool is a big club, Aston Villa are not!

If you go Lambert, I hope you make a real mess of things and you aren''t happy.

i suspect Rodgers will "fail" before Lambert as Liverpool''s expectations are higher. Lets be honest Lambert doesnt have to improve upon much at Villa compared to last season, therfore theyll accept mediocrity for a lot longer

It''s a crying shame, Lambert and Rodgers both have had their praises sang like no others this season, and imo - Martinez is the manager I believe has the most managerial brownie points from these ''group'' of managers.

Awful.

You definitely won''t be the only one but when everyone has calmed down they''ll remember the inevitability of this moment and where we were 3 years ago.

If we were offered a manager who would get us promoted to the Prem in 2 years from League 1, and then keep us up in in our first year before moving on we all would have taken that gladly.

Bitter = yes.

Disappointed = yes.

Frustrated = yes.

Worried = yes.

Thankful of the memoiries = yes.

Stand by my sentiments = most definately.

I want both to succeed. We have a terrible record in bringing young managers up from within who can take these bigger clubs jobs.I wish Brendan Rogers luck, it certainly breaks the Swansea mould and wonder how they will be next season.If Lambert goes I wish him well, great youth system, there is going to be time to creata something at Villa, Lerner is a good chairman... there was a total collapse with his rel. with o''neil after a few good seasons.Then we move on, but what a position he has put us in and what a great position he has put himself into. His value will never be so high at Carrow Road. This club is close to its limits from league 1 to premiership. We do not have the finances to compete with Villa, the stadia.Let''s see what happens

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]Bitter = yes.

Disappointed = yes.

Frustrated = yes.

Worried = yes.

Thankful of the memoiries = yes.

Stand by my sentiments = most definately.[/quote]

This^

[quote user="Canaries Utd"](if Lambert true) fail in their new respective jobs spectacularly? Managers, players, all a like, money grabbing fu*k*rs. One season in the top flight is simply that, one season. The second season has been and always will be the proper examination.

Thanks and good luck my arse, I can understand Rodgers, Liverpool is a big club, Aston Villa are not!

If you go Lambert, I hope you make a real mess of things and you aren''t happy.[/quote]And if Lambert wasn''t like that, wasn''t disloyal, we''d probably be in league 1 now.So he''s a legend in my book, and will be remembered as a legend.

I don''t really care how they do to be honest.All that I''m interested in is how our own manager performs, the rest can go swing.In fairness to both PL and Rodgers, they''ve both done very good jobs for us and Swansea which deserves some thanks and respect, and in reality if we were offered something bigger and better, how many would genuinely turn it down?

Indy, I agree with you, allthough I wouldn''t give a f%¨* about Lambert anymore and the last three seasons (they were great yes, but he''s walked out on us). I don''t think a manager looking for a job would turn us down now...but who are u thinkin'' of?

I wouldn''t want him to fail, that would be churlish, but I do not really want Villa to suddenly rise from the ashes either. A few more seasons on them wallowing in indistinction will suit me.

I''d thank him for what he''s done but any respect I had for him has totally gone if he really has walked out as seems the case. It would have been marginally more acceptable had he gone to a proper big club like Liverpool but Villa is hard to take. Hope he falls flat on his face now and ends up back in league 1, I won''t boo him when he comes back but I certainly won''t be applauding him either.Respect to Martinez for showing loyalty to Wigan, Lambert obviously doesn''t know the meaning of the word.

Just as they owe us nothing, we also owe them nothing...so for me I hope they fail and are fired.....then they might understand the grass is not always greener

I cant believe over the last 9 hours how fickle some of our fans really are! Everyone loved Lambert when he got us 2 successive promotions and survived a first season in the Premier League "the man''s a legend", "Lambert is god".............now "reports", yes "reports" are suggesting he may be on his way to another club fans are suggesting that he should be "kicked out of the hall of fame".... absolutely ridiculous.

Basically, we all knew that he would leave the club at some point, maybe not as soon as this but we all knew it would happen at some time. The guy has done wonders for this club. He will always be a club legend in my mind and i personally wish him the best of luck if he has left. If "reports" are to be believed and it is Aston Villa that he has left us for then it''s a bad move in my mind. Villa are not a big club anymore, they have big debt and typical American owners who know a single thing about English football.

That''s what I call coming down in the world. Very much second best to Rogers.

Lambert has unfinished business at City and would be well advised to take care of it for another couple of years before moving to a top 4/6 club or overseas if that takes his fancy.

Ultimately Villa frustrated Martin O''Neil. They would frustrate Lambert too - guaranteed - and then he''ll regret passing up the opportunity to forge a dynasty at Norwich.

OTBC

Assuming PL is going to Villa, both these managers have been poached by so call ''bigger'' clubs.   Why?  Those ''big'' clubs have supposedly more potential/money.  However, both these ''big'' clubs have shown they have no class - undermining the ethos of their respective clubs.    Their owners show no signs of really understanding of English football.   Both these managers could well have been seduced by these ''bigger'' clubs too soon for their own good.     A second season''s success would have indicated better their real potential at this level.

In short it''s a gamble by these clubs.  We know how PL changes his team around. Will Villa''s players stand for this?   Will he be given the money to be able to get his players in?   I somehow doubt that he will have the impact he had at Norwich.   Its the same with  Rodgers.  A one trick pony with limited tactical awareness in charge of a squad of aging egos.    Will he be able to change that around?   I doubt it.   

I think it''s a bad move for both these managers.    Too much too soon.   It could spell the end of two promising careers.   If they don''t do well at their respective clubs - where do they go next?       Mcleish/McCarthy/Bruce and afew others have had a go for afew years and not really turned their ''bigger'' clubs around.    In truth there are very few managers that can turn around failing ''big'' clubs because the task of dealing with the kind of prima donna egotistical players that they tend to have is too big for them.    Did anyone see PL''s speech at the club dinner?    Can you imagine that kind of talking at a place like Villa?    He was talking in jest, I know, but the language he used was not great.     He will have to up his game from what he was like at Norwich.   It will be interesting to see if he can adapt to a ''bigger'' club with ''bigger'' players.  

The positive side of this is that Swansea, Liverpool and Villa could struggle next season coming to terms with new managers.    What we have to do is keep our players and get a motivating manager of our own to carry on the work done by Lambert and co.  

I am just finding this all a bit strange maybe Lambert wont join villa?

I assumed Villa wanted Lambert and would go for him from the start and that given x cash and over 30 million to spend on players he would go.

However Villa wanted OGS and then martinez who both said no which is bizarre as lambert is third choice.

Maybe its wise not to release a statement as maybe Lambert will discuss with Villa and reach the same conclusion as the others .... which is that there is no money to spend/other issues.

Not sure I would want him back anyhow and I am 90% sure they have tapped him up before hand and agreed everything.

[quote user="Fromage Frais"]  

However Villa wanted OGS and then martinez who both said no which is bizarre as lambert is third choice.[/quote]Neither OGS or Martinez were offered the job. When OGS was in talks Villa said that he was one of a number of people that wanted to see regarding the job. Martinezs advisers were, reportedly, in contact with Villa when it became apparent that Martinez wouldn''t get the Liverpool job. Villa are said to have declined the chance to talk to Martinez as they were looking at other options. There is nothing to show either manager was preferred to Lambert. It''s certainly possible that Lambert would have been interviewed earlier if Norwich had allowed Lambert to talk to Villa. If the walkout rumours are true it makes more sense that Lambert walked after repeatedly being refused permission to talk than doing so after one attempt at contact.

Like it or not, Aston Villa are a big club if you look at their turnover and fanbase, and the length of time they have been Premier League.

Lambert was always going to move up, and now is the perfect time for him. That''s life, ambitious people want to make the most of themselves. Surely nobody can begrudge him that?!

And another point; Two of the biggest clubs in england have just appointed progressive, young, forward thinking managers in Rogers and Lambert. Both from the UK. It is great for English football that they are not needing to look to the continent again, could this be the rebirth of decent homegrown managers?.

[quote user="Jonzey"]

Like it or not, Aston Villa are a big club if you look at their turnover and fanbase, and the length of time they have been Premier League.

Lambert was always going to move up, and now is the perfect time for him. That''s life, ambitious people want to make the most of themselves. Surely nobody can begrudge him that?!

And another point; Two of the biggest clubs in england have just appointed progressive, young, forward thinking managers in Rogers and Lambert. Both from the UK. It is great for English football that they are not needing to look to the continent again, could this be the rebirth of decent homegrown managers?.

[/quote]

I thnik its more a case that both clubs have fallen from grace to a point where they cannot attract the very cream of europe (although liverpool has surprised me abit). I think scotland has been fine for managers for quite some time, the fact that there are sooooo many scottish managers in the Premiership today still shows that England still has problems in this department.