Sign in to follow this  
The Young One

Calm down, this is just paper talk at the moment

?Twice to Burnley, and once to Villa. In addition Holt has already left us?Or so some of you people seem to think! Calm down and wait for any comfirmation. People giving Lambert/Holt stick and saying they had left before only turned out to look silly. Learn from it, and wait!

I''ll take everything I read with a small pinch of salt until situations get confirmed. I''m pretty sure in the last couple of days Martinez was being reported as staying put. However if this is true, I''m sure Lambert will love being in competition with someone else for a potential job. Doesn''t really cry out with ''Lambert is our number one choice'', does it?

The plot thickens:

Sorry can''t do hyperlinks:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/may/31/paul-lambert-roberto-martinez-villa

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Loopzilla"]The Guardian are now saying that Martinez will battle Lambert for the job:
[/quote]Hmmm, interesting.I''m not being biased, but I would consider Martinez a far better option.[/quote]
Let''s hope Villa do as well. I wonder though if the damage has already been done as far as PL''s relationship with the board are concerned.
Who knows? Just shows that you have to take ALL media reports with a pinch of salt - a lot of it is guesswork, speculation and rumour after all.
Fingers crossed PL remains for another season yet...although I have to admit it looks unlikely.

I really think that''s just clutching at straws. I really don''t get all this. Was it Martinez who said he was staying yesterday, or was it just motormouth Whelan saying it for him. Either way, in the event that it did happen, they''re all going to look pretty stupid.I''d be happy though! [:)]

The talk around here, Birmingham, is that Martinez was one of the managers we were interested in but didn''t want to talk to us because of the Liverpool job. When he became aware that Rodgers was in line for the Liverpool job his advisers contacted Villa to say he was willing to talk but was told that Villa had other options ongoing and wouldn''t be seeing Martinez.I don''t think Martinez will be back in the frame at all.

[quote user="Ghost of Pongo Waring"]The talk around here, Birmingham, is that Martinez was one of the managers we were interested in but didn''t want to talk to us because of the Liverpool job. When he became aware that Rodgers was in line for the Liverpool job his advisers contacted Villa to say he was willing to talk but was told that Villa had other options ongoing and wouldn''t be seeing Martinez.I don''t think Martinez will be back in the frame at all.[/quote]
Gee, thanks Pongo - we''re trying to find a positive here. [;)]
Next you''ll be telling us Delia''s pies are crap too...

[quote user="Loopzilla"]
Next you''ll be telling us Delia''s pies are crap too...
[/quote]Well to be fair, I''ve had better...

I don''t think he has resigned, we would know more by now if he has I feel.

Sky Sports have said they understand he''s still currently our manager.

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]Would people have him back if he came back cap in hand grovelling in the above scenario.

I really can''t see this scenario happening.[/quote]What has he got to grovel for?He''s going to speak to Villa, see whats on offer.If another company in your field of expertise showed an interest in you, would you at least have a listen as to what they have to say?The only difference is here that you would throw a sneaky sicky and speak to them on the quiet, Lambo can''t do that.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkchance1"]Would people have him back if he came back cap in hand grovelling in the above scenario. I really can''t see this scenario happening.[/quote]

What has he got to grovel for?

He''s going to speak to Villa, see whats on offer.

If another company in your field of expertise showed an interest in you, would you at least have a listen as to what they have to say?

The only difference is here that you would throw a sneaky sicky and speak to them on the quiet, Lambo can''t do that.
[/quote]

I would be amazed if he hadn''t already heard what Villa had to offer before yesterday - I''m 99% confident that he would have been told the situation via an agent or another 3rd party. The fact he has pushed so hard to be allowed to talk to Villa suggests he has liked what he''s heard so far and wants to get the process started.

This isn''t a casual ''what''s what'' chat with Villa.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkchance1"]Would people have him back if he came back cap in hand grovelling in the above scenario. I really can''t see this scenario happening.[/quote]What has he got to grovel for?He''s going to speak to Villa, see whats on offer.If another company in your field of expertise showed an interest in you, would you at least have a listen as to what they have to say?The only difference is here that you would throw a sneaky sicky and speak to them on the quiet, Lambo can''t do that.[/quote]

I would be amazed if he hadn''t already heard what Villa had to offer before yesterday - I''m 99% confident that he would have been told the situation via an agent or another 3rd party. The fact he has pushed so hard to be allowed to talk to Villa suggests he has liked what he''s heard so far and wants to get the process started.

[/quote]99% confident?Really?Yeah, your guesses aren''t exactly off the wall, but thats all they are. How do you know he pushed hard to talk to Villa?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkchance1"]Would people have him back if he came back cap in hand grovelling in the above scenario. I really can''t see this scenario happening.[/quote]

What has he got to grovel for?

He''s going to speak to Villa, see whats on offer.

If another company in your field of expertise showed an interest in you, would you at least have a listen as to what they have to say?

The only difference is here that you would throw a sneaky sicky and speak to them on the quiet, Lambo can''t do that.
[/quote]

[/quote]

99% confident?

Really?

Yeah, your guesses aren''t exactly off the wall, but thats all they are. How do you know he pushed hard to talk to Villa?
[/quote]

The Birmingham Mail reported this week that Villa had already taken what it described as "soundings" over Lambert and his attitude to the job.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkchance1"]Would people have him back if he came back cap in hand grovelling in the above scenario. I really can''t see this scenario happening.[/quote]What has he got to grovel for?He''s going to speak to Villa, see whats on offer.If another company in your field of expertise showed an interest in you, would you at least have a listen as to what they have to say?The only difference is here that you would throw a sneaky sicky and speak to them on the quiet, Lambo can''t do that.[/quote]

[/quote]99% confident?Really?Yeah, your guesses aren''t exactly off the wall, but thats all they are. How do you know he pushed hard to talk to Villa?[/quote]

The Birmingham Mail reported this week that Villa had already taken what it described as "soundings" over Lambert and his attitude to the job.

[/quote]Is taking soundings the same as tapping up?

[quote user="morty"]

Is taking soundings the same as tapping up?
[/quote]

morty, I think one club''s "soundings" are the other club''s tapping-up!

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="morty"]

Is taking soundings the same as tapping up?[/quote]

[/quote]I would, of course, approve if Mr McNally was "sounding" himself right now.[:)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="morty"]

Is taking soundings the same as tapping up?
[/quote]

[/quote]

I would, of course, approve if Mr McNally was "sounding" himself right now.

[:)]
[/quote]

Weeelll. Yes, depending on whom he might be sounding out![;)] I have seen some names mentioned here of which I would approve[:D] and some less to my taste.[8o|] But there is a serious point, that IF Lambert has gone/goes and IF we go after a manager in employment then we do have to be extremely careful.[8-|] Break the rules again and we will be tried as repeat offenders.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="morty"]

Is taking soundings the same as tapping up?[/quote]

[/quote]I would, of course, approve if Mr McNally was "sounding" himself right now.[:)][/quote]

Weeelll. Yes, depending on whom he might be sounding out![;)] I have seen some names mentioned here of which I would approve[:D] and some less to my taste.[8o|] But there is a serious point, that IF Lambert has gone/goes and IF we go after a manager in employment then we do have to be extremely careful.[8-|] Break the rules again and we will be tried as repeat offenders.

[/quote]I think enough time has passed that we can all put that tawdry "stealing" of Paul Lambert behind us now.[:)]

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/lerner-targets-lambert-appointment-by-weekend-7805138.html

Interesting in middle of this article it says Lambert is believed to be content at Norwich

This is probably on other threads cant be bothered to look but sky sports are reporting that Lamberts representatives are meeting with Villa this afternoon