Sign in to follow this  
CanaryNath

Let's aim BIG!

Would like to see the board aiming high with the next manager.......

How interested would someone like Rafa Benitez be in the job? Would require substantial funds being released for his wages, as well as transfer budget!

If we were able to aim big, we wouldn''t be having this chat.... we are sensibily aiming at the best we can all things considered and the next manager will be no different

[quote user="CanaryNath"]A cheeky approach for Martinez would be good![/quote]

How about that young fella at Chelsea?

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

OGS for me. That should soften the blow, particulary as he rejected Villa.

[/quote]

He rejected Villa because of family reasons so I would guess that rules him out of England completely.

I trust McNally to get it right. He''ll get us someone else who is the business.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

Stankovic! Nagoya have just been knocked out of the ACL - perfect timing!

Come on Piksi, you know you want to come to Norwich.

[/quote]
Wonder what odds you''d get on him signing for Norwich? 

[quote user="G"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

OGS for me. That should soften the blow, particulary as he rejected Villa.

[/quote]

He rejected Villa because of family reasons so I would guess that rules him out of England completely.[/quote]Would you want to move your kids to Birmingham?[;)]

[quote user="Gareth"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

Stankovic! Nagoya have just been knocked out of the ACL - perfect timing!

Come on Piksi, you know you want to come to Norwich.

[/quote]

Wonder what odds you''d get on him signing for Norwich? 

[/quote]

Very, very long I would imagine. I am going to start a one man campaign though.

Alan Curbishly all day long for me. Did an outstanding job for Charlton a few years back which we all know about.
He also did a super job at West Ham to take them from the brink of relegation and keeping them up, to then get them up into the top half the following season playing good football too. Left West Ham because of interference from the owners in selling players that he wanted to keep. Not to mention he was also touted as possible new England manager before Capello was appointed.
I think he''d do a great job in stabilising us in the top flight and helping us to push on. He''s had some time out and hopefully is ready for a fresh challenge. Make it happen McNally!! Although by the sound of what Sky Sports are saying live as I type, it seems that Malky is the man that the board want. Who knows . . . we shall find out in due course.

Ok, just reading the beginnings of this thread makes me finally realise why people get so narked at the "little ol" Norwich tag that a bulk of supporters seeming indulge in.

Just take a look at the "planetswans" forum and compare how their fans are dealing with their manager leaving and the potential candidates they are hoping for.

They are talking OGS, Benitez, AVB, even for goodness sake Guardiola, we are talking Malky Makay, Steve Clarke, and some Stevenage manager whoever he is. Now I''m not for one minute saying those Swansea fans are being remotely realistic, BUT, they are ambitious and don''t consider 11th place to be "as far as we can go". They want a quality replacement from the continent or similar so why don''t we snap out of little old Norwich attitude, and demand we aim even higher than Lambert.

It is so frustrating, This club has so much potential to be a regular top six side it really does!

He rejected Villa because of family reasons so I would guess that rules him out of England completely.

Would you want to move your kids to Birmingham?

Hahaha I see your point! What makes this worse is, is that most of my family are Villa supporters :(

Lee Clarke would be a decent shout and he would cost nothing.  Thought the bloke was shafted by Huddersfield so hes an option.

I think we should try and get similar to what we had.  My personal favourite choice would be Gus Poyet, hes almost done a Lambert with Brighton and they are a much smaller club than us.  His team gets the ball down and plays too so for me he has to be high on the list.

But I would like to say thanks to Paul Lambert for everything he''s done.  He more than deserved the opportunity to speak to Aston Villa, who knows if McNally had done a Whelan and said go on then, go and have a chat then there is the outside chance he would still be here (ala Martinez).

Nobody should be forced to stay anywhere.  And Lambert is a strong character so this was always going to sour things.  Lets just hope we can negotiate a big compensation package to bump up the transfer budget.

I will say this though.  If the name Mick McArthy even gets mentioned for the Norwich job i''m finished with football forever!!!!!!!

EXACTLY,Henrick!!!

We SHOULD be looking at proven managers. We are in a good position with (comparatively) little debt, a cracking stadium and loyal fan base, with plenty of potential to push on and challenge further up the table.

No, Lee Clark would be a stupid shout, come on we can aim higher than that.

I''d like to think that we would go for Curbishley, if we don''t even call him that would show a lack of ambition.

No compensation required (meaning that we can give him a good whack), the man is a living legend who gave Charlton a decade of Premier League football.

I want that decade of Premier League football, not some stupid gamble on a bloke who Huddersfield fans accused of tactical negligence and boring football.

Martinez? Cheeky approach for MON? Di Matteo? If not any of these, forget about looking in England, have a look abroad imo.

Guardiola?

Perfect shout. He would love a project like Norwich!

He can develop our youth system and we will soon be conquering Europa-Land with home-grown talent!

Call him, someone!

[quote user="henrik"]

Ok, just reading the beginnings of this thread makes me finally realise why people get so narked at the "little ol" Norwich tag that a bulk of supporters seeming indulge in.

Just take a look at the "planetswans" forum and compare how their fans are dealing with their manager leaving and the potential candidates they are hoping for.

They are talking OGS, Benitez, AVB, even for goodness sake Guardiola, we are talking Malky Makay, Steve Clarke, and some Stevenage manager whoever he is. Now I''m not for one minute saying those Swansea fans are being remotely realistic, BUT, they are ambitious and don''t consider 11th place to be "as far as we can go". They want a quality replacement from the continent or similar so why don''t we snap out of little old Norwich attitude, and demand we aim even higher than Lambert.

It is so frustrating, This club has so much potential to be a regular top six side it really does!

[/quote] ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ what he said

I hope its culverhouse but if not maybe the MK dons manager ?

Lamberts last game for colu v Norwich , last game for Norwich v villa , Robinson 1st game for Norwich v MK dons .

Oh FFS this is all getting ridiculous. So who do

you all expect us to sign then?

Guardiola? Benitez? Capello? Mourinho?

Get real!! None of those will come

here. We don''t have the financial clout to afford them and they certainly

wouldn''t come in and take a job on when their funds are very limited for the

foreseeable future at least.

The only realistic targets for us are perhaps

the best of the Championship and maybe one or two from the continent. Get it

out of your heads that we can attract bigger than the likes of Hughton, Clark,

Mackay etc. None of the current Premier League managers will be coming here I

think that would be extremely unlikely too.

If you have any realistic, better

suggestions than those ones being bandied around then feel free to shout up.

But don''t slate the likes of Poyet, Hughton et all because that''s what we''ll be

aiming at. If the Swans think they can attract better then they''re living on a

different planet too, they''re not so dissimilar from us.

For me the best manager available that we could

realistically get is Alan Curbishly, as I mentioned on another thread. There''s

not many managers out there with the premiership experience that he''s got who

will be as readily abvailable. The only others are from the Championship such

as the aforementioned Hughton, McCarthy, Bruce. Out of those the only one I''d

touch is Hughton.  I doubt Coyle would go anywhere at the moment, Kean another I wouldn''t touch. After that you''re then looking at promising managers in the

Championship. So what else are you left with? Best of the rest for me are

Poyet and Malky.

Just my own opinion, but at least it''s

a realistic opinion, unlike some on here.

Francesco Volpe, there are dozens of managers with Premier League experience around who don''t currently have a job in football.

Alan Curbishley? Rafa Benitez? Soon to be Di Matteo?