Sign in to follow this  
Oswald Cobblepot

Malky Mackay according to SSN

Probably the reason for the delay we are announcing Malky at the same time.

Villa are now expecting to announce Lambert this afternoon and we havent even commented ? Sky Sports are also saying that Lambert was ready to leave several weeks ago after admitting he could not take Norwich further

As much as there are concerns over whether he''s good enough to step up to the plate, I have every faith in McNally finding the right man for the job. If he believes that Malky is the best man for it, then he''ll have my full support, and I have no doubts that if he was to come here, you''d all give your full support too.

At least Malky''s previous links with the Club might mean he holds more of an affinity towards us and would be less likely to jump ship the minute someone else comes sniffing around for him.

Yep, would make sense. This is of course just Sky putting two and two together but for obvious reasons would love Malky here..

[quote user="Cambridgeyellow"]Probably the reason for the delay we are announcing Malky at the same time.

Villa are now expecting to announce Lambert this afternoon and we havent even commented ? Sky Sports are also saying that Lambert was ready to leave several weeks ago after admitting he could not take Norwich further[/quote]

I was joking about Malky being announced but they did say he regularly speaks to our current board

If he comes here that will be Watford and Cardiff he has jumped from in a very short managerial career , no hope to god its not him , and i would prefer somebody who is not Scottish too .

[quote user="Shaker Maker"]No hoofball please... [8] we''re Norwich City, we play on the deck [8][/quote]

Thats why we played the most long balls of any team in the premiership last season...

[quote user="Francesco Volpe"]Just discussing it. Apparently if PL goes, NCFC want Malky to replace him. I wouldn''t be too disappointed with that![/quote]

Why wouldn''t you be disappointed?

He''s only managed for one season and failed to get his team even into the Play Off Final.

Surely we must capitalise on our hard earned status and attract as prestigious a boss as possible. If not we simply repeat the error last time when we replacemed of Worthington with Grant. Despite being in the Championship we were still an attractive prospect to potential managers with our squad and recent Prem experience.

No offence to Malky - he was a great player for us and seems a top bloke but why do we have to take the gamble?

I wouldn''t be particularly happy with this, but on the other hand, there could be worse appointments.

With reference to what somebody has mentioned, I don''t think this would be a sentimental appointment. With McNally at the helm, there really would be no room for sentiment. We all know what McNally is like and I have 100% faith that he would recruit the right man for the job. If that happens to be Malky, so be it.

Please not malky, don''t want to see a club legend tarnished again.

I really like Chris Houghton, done a fantastic job at Newcastle, was sacked unfairly.

Done a good job at brum, and it looks like west brom are getting the ex schalke manager.

There seems to be much dislike for Houghton here, and its not a footballing reason.

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]

[quote user="Francesco Volpe"]Just discussing it. Apparently if PL goes, NCFC want Malky to replace him. I wouldn''t be too disappointed with that![/quote]

He''s only managed for one season and failed to get his team even into the Play Off Final.

Surely we must capitalise on our hard earned status and attract as prestigious a boss as possible. If not we simply repeat the error last time when we replacemed of Worthington with Grant. Despite being in the Championship we were still an attractive prospect to potential managers with our squad and recent Prem experience.

No offence to Malky - he was a great player for us and seems a top bloke but why do we have to take the gamble?

[/quote]

Apologies - I forgot the Watford spell ... which says it all!

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]Malky just wouldn''t cut it in the Prem.[/quote]

Why? PL did and what ''previous Premiership experience'' did he have?

I don''t know why we can''t look further afield than CCC managers or former players...There''s plenty of good managers out there, some higher profile than others, so I don''t get why there''s such a restricted view on here as to our options.Frankly I don''t think Mackay would be the right choice, but the people I''d like may be unrealistic...

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]

[/quote]

Need to get your facts right mate!!

Cantiaci . . . Criticising Malky for not getting Cardiff into the Playoff Final is very harsh. In my opinion he done a great job of achieving a play-off spot in what was arguably one of the most competitive CCC seasons we''ve seen. So many good sides in there that it was hard to predict who would be up there. West Ham were always favourites in the Play-Offs and it''s no disgrace that they lost out to them in the semi''s.

I think a few are also forgetting that he has had to do a bit of rebuilding there as they did lose some of their key players at the end of last season. The likes of Bothroyd, Bellamy and Chopra all going left them with a somewhat toothless attack. So to get the results he did was a good achievement I''d say.

By the way, I''m not for one minute suggesting that he''d be my number one choice, as he isn''t. But I do think if given the chance he could do quite well for us. He''s no Paul Lambert . . . but we could do a hell of a lot worse. I''d take Malky over Steve Bruce, Mick McCarthy or Steve Kean any day of the week!

Like I said Morty, he''s not my number 1 choice either, but I could certainly live with his appointment.

Ok so who would your top 5 shortlist to replace Lambert be? In fact that''s a general question. Who would you all have on your list to succeed him? Number 1 being your preferred choice, working your way down.

My top 5 would be:

1. Alan Curbishly

2. Chris Hughton

3. Lee Clark

4. Gus Poyet

5. Malky Mackay/Ian Culverhouse

Undecided on who I''d prefer out of the last 2. Cully would be an unknown quantity as manager, but at least he would know the current crop of players and has worked with them for the past 3 seasons and has arguably played just as big a part in what has happened here over that time as has Lambert. I think he would be unlikely though and will probably follow PL to Villa if he does go.