Sign in to follow this  
ricky knight

Same old City

Southwestcanary wrote: "No one person is bigger than our club."

That guy in ipswich who had the documentary made about him was pretty big... but i see your point.

[quote user="Cluck Nose."]

PL is NCFC in our current incarnation and we should all be very annoyed if the reason for his deperture is revealed to be anything other than for ''personal'' reasons.
[/quote]

So if he has had a fallout and that is the reason for him leaving i suspect of course in your eyes it will be nothing to do with McNally and Bowkett who have taken charge of NCFC affairs since they pitched up at Carrow Road but your usual anti Delia bilge will be holding her solely responsible for the departure of Lambert.

Boyer - That swansea dude is on a wind up, do what everyone else is doing and ignore him.

If you want to complain, complain to the pinkun mods, they''re the ones allowing it appear. If they''re not up to the job of moderating they should assign people that can.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Cluck Nose."]PL is NCFC in our current incarnation and we should all be very annoyed if the reason for his deperture is revealed to be anything other than for ''personal'' reasons.[/quote]

So if he has had a fallout and that is the reason for him leaving i suspect of course in your eyes it will be nothing to do with McNally and Bowkett who have taken charge of NCFC affairs since they pitched up at Carrow Road but your usual anti Delia bilge will be holding her solely responsible for the departure of Lambert.

[/quote]I''m confused now John, you say Bowkett and Mcnally are ultimately responsible for NCFC affairs since they pitched up at FCR but posters on this site tend to apportion the credit to Delia then beat me over the head with it.So Delias to thank for everything and B&Mc are to blame for everything have I got it right now?

I don''t care if its a wind up a not, if you let racist comments & behaviour go without protesting then the uneducated may think its the prevailing view. I will make as big a protest as I can so twats like that don''t feel they have the freedom to express such bull s***.

[quote user="Southwestcanary"]You may well be right, one of the other people on here with views may be right...... What I''m trying to say is we don''t know so by guessing it just makes the situation worse! You blamed Norwich for letting Lambert go when we don''t even know if he has gone? Please chill and wait. If he goes fair enough and thank you ... If he stays then happy days. It''s not about seeing who is right![/quote]

I Agree buddy all i was doing was putting my take on it, for what its worth and what i myself has heard over the last couple of weeks, its my take on it and in 40 plus years of supporting and following City imo they have always played the skint card. I have never said city should do a pompey etc, just open the purse strings abit more, especially as we stayed up which was never a nailed on thing. I have said also three quality players are needed imo, forward, midfielder and quality centre back, hardly leeds pompey scenarios.

The Board give Lambert every spare penny that the club has to go towards his playing budget. If, and that''s a really big if, Lambert is going to leave because the board can''t give him any more money then I''ll personally walk him to the door. No one is worth gambling the clubs future for, and if any of you think it is then I can honestly say that I''m glad that you are not in charge of our club.

We have to be realistic and live to our means, I''d rather be debt free and secure in the Championship than I would be up to our eyeballs in debt again. Ask a Pompey if it was all worth it.

[quote user="Skijumptoes"]Boyer - That swansea dude is on a wind up, do what everyone else is doing and ignore him. If you want to complain, complain to the pinkun mods, they''re the ones allowing it appear. If they''re not up to the job of moderating they should assign people that can.[/quote]

Point proven...

Nice to see you back Ricky[Y] Hope you enjoyed your 3 season break[H]

Maybe there''s something in these rumours about the board being tight. Perhaps Lambert got wind that they wanted to spend some of his funds to build a new stand...

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

The Board give Lambert every spare penny that the club has to go towards his playing budget. If, and that''s a really big if, Lambert is going to leave because the board can''t give him any more money then I''ll personally walk him to the door. No one is worth gambling the clubs future for, and if any of you think it is then I can honestly say that I''m glad that you are not in charge of our club.

We have to be realistic and live to our means, I''d rather be debt free and secure in the Championship than I would be up to our eyeballs in debt again. Ask a Pompey if it was all worth it.

[/quote]Oh FFS......This is the new face of NCFC support.Safety first and always.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

[/quote]

Says Who, That being the case why would PL Believe there is more, Our players are some of the worse paid in the prem. If we dont want to compete in the prem and are happy in the championship, then be up front with the fans, PL has put pride back in my club 3 years ago we were a laughing stock, back him or we could be on slippery slopes again but success for us would be being the richest club in div1, great.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Maybe there''s something in these rumours about the board being tight. Perhaps Lambert got wind that they wanted to spend some of his funds to build a new stand...

[/quote]

I do find the argument over ''transfer funds'' a bit of an odd one.

We had a seven year plan of which McNally and Lambert have both referred to have full knowledge of. Back when this was first touted the stand was included. Something like after three seasons of premiership survival we would look at expanding the stadium capacity - and even identified the extra tier as the way to do this in the most cost effective form.

So if it is over transfer money - one of two parties has changed the goalposts. Lambert either wants more than was originally outlined - perhaps because of the lofty position and that a little more could potentially push us from survivors to top ten contenders? Or the board have for whatever reason reduced the transfer kitty.

Only time will tell if any of this is true.

[quote user="Cluck Nose."][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

[/quote]Oh FFS......This is the new face of NCFC support.Safety first and always.[/quote]But you have to understand why this is the `new face`. With money being the primary cause and solution to everyone in football at the moment, with examples left right and center of clubs collapsing due to over-spending in the Premier Leauge there is always going to be an air of caution, surely?The only time real criticism can be made is if we find out the board have not been backing Lambert as much as is realistically possible. There is, so far, no evidence of that. If it does turn out to be the case then the board should be heavily criticised for perhaps losing us the best manager we''ve had. If on the other side it has nothing to do with money then there''s very little the board can do.

[/quote]

Have you ever seen the film ''I am Legend'' staring Will Smith?

Did you see the bit where its daylight and the dog goes running off into the Warehouse type building and all the ''mutations'' are standing huddled in the corner in hibernation?

Well isn''t that a bit like Ricky Knight and his crew? Whilst NCFC are doing well they are ''hibernating'' but when something even the slightest bit negative kicks off, its time to fire up the up Packard Bell and log back on to the Pink Un to DISCUSS FOOTBALL!

I think the moderators have been doing their job as before I could report the poster of the racist comment, it now seems to be have been removed.

With the volume of posters re: Lambert maybe it has taken time for them to find it, but well done.

[/quote]

i have been here buddy enjoying the ride under Lambert like you all but i will speak out if i think City are wrong, i am not a sheep. In Lambert we trust seems to have been forgotten because our happy clappy fans stand for the boards BS. Last time their BS Took us to the dizzy heights of div 1

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

I do find the argument over ''transfer funds'' a bit of an odd one.

We had a seven year plan of which McNally and Lambert have both referred to have full knowledge of. Back when this was first touted the stand was included. Something like after three seasons of premiership survival we would look at expanding the stadium capacity - and even identified the extra tier as the way to do this in the most cost effective form.

So if it is over transfer money - one of two parties has changed the goalposts. Lambert either wants more than was originally outlined - perhaps because of the lofty position and that a little more could potentially push us from survivors to top ten contenders? Or the board have for whatever reason reduced the transfer kitty.

Only time will tell if any of this is true.

[/quote]True, although in the case of Lambert moving the goalposts then in my eyes is understandable to the extent that ridiculously quick succession from League One to Premiership has immediately put us in a better position where we haven''t had to spend 3/4 years building (and spending on) a championship promotion squad.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]The usual anti-club gossip and slander i see nutty. Not that i`m surprised.....[/quote]

That''s me Mr Carrow. It''s nice to see so many old friends. It warms the cockles of my heart. How are you buddy?

Haven''t really posted much though have you Ricky? You were far, far more active whenever there was something to grumble about.Just sayin''

[quote user="hogesar"]Haven''t really posted much though have you Ricky? You were far, far more active whenever there was something to grumble about.Just sayin''[/quote]

Of course you talk more if there is a gripe, i have been happy with things and been proud to be a city follower again. I have managed saturday and Sunday sides for the last couple of years and i really enjoy local football now, i did years with City home and away but made a vow not to step in CR While Queen Delia was still there and i have not broken that vow, though been tempted many times but after all the years and miles and money spent i feel i still have the right to have my say on an open forum.

[quote user="Cluck Nose."][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

[/quote]

Oh FFS......

This is the new face of NCFC support.

Safety first and always.
[/quote]

New face? Hardly.

I''d just rather my club was still here in 10 years, rather than go to the wall for some short term gain. We''ve faced the abyss once, we might not be so fortunate a second time.

I was not aware that there was a signifigant Greek community in Norfolk

Lambert was never going to stop for long - he wants the challenge of the top end of the premiership and European competition. It is difficult to see us ever providing that on a continuing basis, because we don''t have a billionaire behind us to spend countless millions on the world''s best players.

What we do have is a family club, in all senses, and the resources to stay in the Premiership and occasionally grab "scalps" from the among the big money teams. Would we want a billionaire to come in and run the club as his personal plaything?

[quote user="A Certain Poster"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Cluck Nose."]

PL is NCFC in our current incarnation and we should all be very annoyed if the reason for his deperture is revealed to be anything other than for ''personal'' reasons.
[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m confused now John, you say Bowkett and Mcnally are ultimately responsible for NCFC affairs since they pitched up at FCR but posters on this site tend to apportion the credit to Delia then beat me over the head with it.

So Delias to thank for everything and B&Mc are to blame for everything have I got it right now?
[/quote]

What i am saying this that most people Cluck included have accepted the fact that Bowkett and McNally have been holding the purse strings and running the show with Delia in the shadows for the past three years but now at the first sniff off a problem which there now appears to be with Lambert for whatever reason Cluck decides the issue does not involve the stance that may have been taken by Bowkett and McNally over the current management crisis but inferes Delia is ultimately responsible.

May i should not have edited Clucks post so please look back and read it in full and make your own judgement.

Brilliant the number 1 fan who does not even go to games now, as there is a lady on the board who he does not like. Comes out of the wood work to slag the club off.

I would just worry about your Saturday or Sunday team rather than Norwich as they are more important.

Rather than come on here and run on sh*t when a manager wants to go on to bigger And in his opinion better things !!

Like players who probably play at your teams do too ?!

And as for cluck too I want to have my season ticket for the long run what ever league we are in. Rather than the club gambling And going broke.

But not having a season ticket or being a match day regular you would not understand this.

Now get back to boring people with your Delia and anti board crap on here tally ho !! Knob !!

Otbc

[quote user="snakepit ric"]Brilliant the number 1 fan who does not even go to games now, as there is a lady on the board who he does not like. Comes out of the wood work to slag the club off.

I would just worry about your Saturday or Sunday team rather than Norwich as they are more important.

Rather than come on here and run on sh*t when a manager wants to go on to bigger And in his opinion better things !!

Like players who probably play at your teams do too ?!

And as for cluck too I want to have my season ticket for the long run what ever league we are in. Rather than the club gambling And going broke.

But not having a season ticket or being a match day regular you would not understand this.

Now get back to boring people with your Delia and anti board crap on here tally ho !! Knob !!

Otbc[/quote]I take it you disagree with me then?Never mind.