Sign in to follow this  
ricky knight

Same old City

Listening to most of the reports all night seems City have upset PL With their lack of ambition, why dont that surprise me, whenever we are on an upward curve we seem to self destruct through being tight. I have said it many times we will never keep a decent manager because a decent one is ambitious and might want to spend a bit.We have one of the lowest wage bills in the prem lower than Wigan, Blackburn and even Swansea by all accounts, says it all dont it. Lambert is not going to be happy surviving each year and we wont even do that if we dont add quality, So well done City another good un lost. I dont think PL was even being greedy just felt we needed to add as it will be even harder next year.

You may as well just go right ahead and slash your wrists lol.Talk about "cup half empty"!!

Is there a news embargo in Norfolk? Have some people really not heard about the 50 clubs that have gone into administration in the past? The 9m external debt we have to repay and the European debt crisis?

[quote user="ricky knight"]Listening to most of the reports all night seems City have upset PL With their lack of ambition, why dont that surprise me, whenever we are on an upward curve we seem to self destruct through being tight. I have said it many times we will never keep a decent manager because a decent one is ambitious and might want to spend a bit.We have one of the lowest wage bills in the prem lower than Wigan, Blackburn and even Swansea by all accounts, says it all dont it. Lambert is not going to be happy surviving each year and we wont even do that if we dont add quality, So well done City another good un lost. I dont think PL was even being greedy just felt we needed to add as it will be even harder next year.[/quote]PL is that ''once in a generation'' manager who suited NCFC down to the ground.PL is NCFC in our current incarnation and we should all be very annoyed if the reason for his deperture is revealed to be anything other than for ''personal'' reasons.

Yea let''s wait and see instead of guessing what''s going on? I haven''t got a clue what the issues are so I am going to shut up til I''m told what''s happening. One thing for sure, NCFC will still be here next season and I will be following them whoever is at the club

You still have to compete in any business, i run a business and i have to take risks at times, i sometimes have to speculate to accumulate, MY understanding is PL does not want to break the bank but wants us to move to the next level. Our players will be next you see, Holt is just the beginning they are way below the going rate for prem players. Its all about whether we want to stay in prem or not.

[quote user="ricky knight"]Listening to most of the reports all night seems City have upset PL With their lack of ambition, why dont that surprise me, whenever we are on an upward curve we seem to self destruct through being tight. I have said it many times we will never keep a decent manager because a decent one is ambitious and might want to spend a bit.We have one of the lowest wage bills in the prem lower than Wigan, Blackburn and even Swansea by all accounts, says it all dont it. Lambert is not going to be happy surviving each year and we wont even do that if we dont add quality, So well done City another good un lost. I dont think PL was even being greedy just felt we needed to add as it will be even harder next year.[/quote]All sounds great on paper, but where exactly does this money come from?  One wrong move now and we could be the next Rangers.

[quote user="AndyCanary"]Binner poster is posting binner topics.[/quote]

You Sir are an idiot, before you say these things wait for truth to come out and see, i have followed City since 68 and money has always been and issue, we have always pleaded poverty.

[quote user="Southwestcanary"]Yea let''s wait and see instead of guessing what''s going on? I haven''t got a clue what the issues are so I am going to shut up til I''m told what''s happening. One thing for sure, NCFC will still be here next season and I will be following them whoever is at the club[/quote]

Fantastic, I feel another golden age coming for this board. Cluck, Ricky et al can now revert to type and let the moaning begin! Come on down Smudger, your time has come. Afterall three years of success has been really boring.

We want Delia out!

the board are doing the right thing you cannot loose control to a employee and everyone reaches a stage where they have to move on.

The large clubs in the premier league are not businesses in the majority but playthings of billionaires.

Better to set the club up for life than spend it all right now and then Lambert leave anyhow.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/may/31/paul-lambert-roberto-martinez-villa

did anyone see this? They think that Martinez is still interested I also read in the Brum press that Lambert has a clause in his contract that means he can speak to a larger club and got mad when this was refused.

No wonder there is no official announcement as it seems in the air still

Do you think Villa will be giving him any more than we would?

They have a huge wage bill, haven''t invested in years, and that started by them becoming a selling club.

He will have a big challenge at Villa.

[quote user="Matt Juler"][quote user="ricky knight"]Listening to most of the reports all night seems City have upset PL With their lack of ambition, why dont that surprise me, whenever we are on an upward curve we seem to self destruct through being tight. I have said it many times we will never keep a decent manager because a decent one is ambitious and might want to spend a bit.We have one of the lowest wage bills in the prem lower than Wigan, Blackburn and even Swansea by all accounts, says it all dont it. Lambert is not going to be happy surviving each year and we wont even do that if we dont add quality, So well done City another good un lost. I dont think PL was even being greedy just felt we needed to add as it will be even harder next year.[/quote]All sounds great on paper, but where exactly does this money come from?  One wrong move now and we could be the next Rangers.[/quote]

so what players should we be looking at in your opinion. To get players better than we have will cost money. Ok we got away with it this year but next year will be twice as hard and maybe PL Does not want to be in charge of a relegated team which can and probably will happen without adding some quality.

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="AndyCanary"]Binner poster is posting binner topics.[/quote]

You Sir are an idiot, before you say these things wait for truth to come out and see, i have followed City since 68 and money has always been and issue, we have always pleaded poverty.[/quote]I must be an idiot. I wish I had your psychic powers to get inside Paul Lambert''s head to suss out that he wants more transfer funds.Whilst you''re there could you also get his bank account details for me please?

[quote user="ricky knight"]Wait and see then, its not just the meeting, its been since the end of season and the whole Holt episode mate.[/quote]

He knew the score and personally I would rather not become a Portsmouth. It is just as likely that he started to get peed off when his team were booed after drawing with Wigan. He never seemed the same after that day

[quote user="Matt Juler"]All sounds great on paper, but where exactly does this money come from?  One wrong move now and we could be the next Rangers.[/quote]In recent years we''ve run the club on £10-£15m per year, this year we''ve made in the region of £60m+ 60% on wages/transfers is a tidy sum for a manager to play with and still leaves circa £25m for the clubs costs.We made a right pigs breakfast of our highest ever income last time around lets hope we''re not going to repeat that.

I dont think Villa will give him much more heard tell 20 mill is their war chest which is still more than we got but i think PL Thought he had earned the right to spend a bit considering how far he had brought us and i agree, what happened to, in Lambert we trust.

Ok Ricky lets do it your way... A la Portsmouth, scum etc they went big time and paid off for them? Let''s let McNally do his job and look after the clubs interests. No one person is bigger than our club.

[quote user="AndyCanary"][quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="AndyCanary"]Binner poster is posting binner topics.[/quote]

You Sir are an idiot, before you say these things wait for truth to come out and see, i have followed City since 68 and money has always been and issue, we have always pleaded poverty.[/quote]I must be an idiot. I wish I had your psychic powers to get inside Paul Lambert''s head to suss out that he wants more transfer funds.Whilst you''re there could you also get his bank account details for me please?[/quote]

Are you daft enough to think insiders dont talk to the press and reporters dont get inside stories, the local sun reporter was on talksport all last night saying similar things, i myself have heard about unrest since season ended but i really dont care what you guys think, i give my take on it, its my opinion, i respect yours lets see who is right when it all unfolds

[quote user="Southwestcanary"]Ok Ricky lets do it your way... A la Portsmouth, scum etc they went big time and paid off for them? Let''s let McNally do his job and look after the clubs interests. No one person is bigger than our club.[/quote]Incorrect.Delia Smith has been bigger than the club since she arrived.

[quote user="BigFish"][quote user="Southwestcanary"]Yea let''s wait and see instead of guessing what''s going on? I haven''t got a clue what the issues are so I am going to shut up til I''m told what''s happening. One thing for sure, NCFC will still be here next season and I will be following them whoever is at the club[/quote]

Fantastic, I feel another golden age coming for this board. Cluck, Ricky et al can now revert to type and let the moaning begin! Come on down Smudger, your time has come. Afterall three years of success has been really boring.

We want Delia out![/quote]

So its all Lamberts fault is it?

[quote user="Next door to Boyer"]Whats the chance of you apologising before I report the racist comment you just made. You are accountable for your opinions when you add them to an internet site, do you not follow what happens on twitter ![/quote]

Apparently that form of language is acceptable on here Boyer....I''ve given up with it now to be honest...

You may well be right, one of the other people on here with views may be right...... What I''m trying to say is we don''t know so by guessing it just makes the situation worse! You blamed Norwich for letting Lambert go when we don''t even know if he has gone? Please chill and wait. If he goes fair enough and thank you ... If he stays then happy days. It''s not about seeing who is right!

Our rise has been based around genuine ambition throughout the club- Lambert would not have stayed this long if it had not been there. In a weird way he`s made a rod for his own back by finding so many cheap-ish gems, then turning to the board and saying "i need alot more money to get better players in", the obvious response being "you haven`t needed it so far!".   Whether he stays or goes the ethos and running of the club are sound and i think we`ll be well set up to comfortably stay up next season.   As an aside, i was told before all this kicked off that the man to replace Lambert should he be tempted away is Holloway.   I laughed at the time but right now it doesn`t seem such a bad idea....