Sign in to follow this  
Indy

Is anyone disapointed how Lambert has done this?

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]

Brendan Rodgers was given permission to speak to Liverpool.  Cant blame him either, one of europes truly great clubs.  He revives their fortunes and hes a legend, if he doesnt then hes financially secure for the rest of his life and he gave it a good go.

The board should have let him speak to Villa.

And Cluck, its not form.  Its the only way he has been able to better himself.  I personally dont blame the bloke for anything.

[/quote]The term ''form'' is neither positive nor derogatory... it just describes a run of actions which are similar.I don''t blame him either as he owes Norwich nothing.... but on the other hand we owe him a great deal.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

When I give someone my trust I don''t like it thrown in the gutter.

I hope it imploads for him.

[/quote]

"The Gift of Trust"is to be cherished and nurtured, you must be devastated that he has let you down in this way![:)]

@ "peter2704" It''s not the fact he''s gone, it''s how he''s gone about it. There are better ways of doing things, such as Brendan Rodgers leaving Swansea for Liverpool. He done it with more taste!!!

LOL!!! Do you not remember Brendon Rogers saying he was STAYING at Swansea not only a couple of months ago?? And now he''s left? I think I''d be slightly more p*ssed off if I was a Swansea fan!! That''s the definition of being 2 faced. Lambert just said he really enjoys it here, which I''m sure he did! He didn''t come out and say "I am staying here", he is FAR cleverer than that.

And Lambert isn''t a mercenary, he is a clever guy who knows football. He is aware that football is fickle, and all it would take next season is a run of 5 defeats or whatever, and the fans would be calling for his resignation, and the Pinkun would be in meltdown. He could end up with no job by christmas, there is no guarentees in football. Instead he''s been offered an opportunity at a club with a bigger budget and had decided to take it. We all knew it would happen sooner or later so deal with it people and stop being so bitter! This is what happens when you support Norwich City FC. In fact. it''s just a product of the modern game. If you want to be at a club where the manager sticks around then go and support Man Utd or Arsenal!!

[quote user="The ambassador"]Shut up Wiz. You and your goons have helped push Lambert out of here with your antics for causing trouble and bullshit stories which have now got to him. You didn''t even trust Lambert, you were convinced he was leaving and so there you go your wish is granted. Bloody binners have been here too long.[/quote]

Idiot.

The man is an employee of a company. He is ambitious and wants to better himself. He  believes that going to villa will get him closer to his goal of a top 8 club. He could see that the jump from Norwich to someone like Liverpool wasn''t going to happen. Villa to Liverpool is a much shorter jump. He would need many millions of pounds to move the club from 12th to even 10th and he knew he wouldn''t get it. The borad simply wnt survival and the money that comes with it - nothing more. If he were to finish 17th next season they would be delighted but his star would have dimmed. No brainer I''m afraid. take Villa to a top 10 finish and he''s ready for the next big step. On the flip side - fail at Villa with no funds and he''s bound for Scotland.....

Football is business and ruthless, we all knew that in the way Lambert walked out on Colchester and the aggressive way McNally done the deal - that''s business. The key now is to maximise any compensation due to us.

Michael Bailey - "SSN man Fraser Robertson just suggested PL was worried might cash in on Howson... Strange - but maybe explains that statement line"

Can''t believe that surely

[quote user="morty"]So how did you want him to do it?Come round your house and apologise in person first?[/quote]

Morty i thought it was all just speculation....nothing was happening...now it has you are still in denial or is it all still just paper talk? lambert was great he has gone and I for one hope he finds out the grass is not always greener....6 points off villa next season will be lovely...

When we all sang "there''s only one Paul Lambert" at Celtic game we were right! And he believes in himself and is a quiet kind of man but is selfish too in my view. It''s also a trait that has seen him single minded and successful. I''ve never beloved the stuff about "its all about the team", because it obviously IS quite a but about him, moreover he knows it.

A great manager but someone following his own path. He always will. I think we should sing "one Paul Lambert" when he returns as a kind of goodbye and I would enjoy the weird irony of this....of course we could sing "you''re one Paul Lambert" as a twist! Am I being too subtle?

I am worried now for us next season because he''s been rather special for us. I will settle once we get a new person in who believes in us. One good thing is that we are still here and we know what loyalty means. It''s just life nowadays. People are part of capitalist system, they always want to get more, get better, get mire status. Lambert ultimately belongs in this mould .....its a rare person that doesn''t.

Otbc

[quote user="sonyc"]When we all sang "there''s only one Paul Lambert" at Celtic game we were right! And he believes in himself and is a quiet kind of man but is selfish too in my view. It''s also a trait that has seen him single minded and successful. I''ve never beloved the stuff about "its all about the team", because it obviously IS quite a but about him, moreover he knows it.

A great manager but someone following his own path. He always will. I think we should sing "one Paul Lambert" when he returns as a kind of goodbye and I would enjoy the weird irony of this....of course we could sing "you''re one Paul Lambert" as a twist! Am I being too subtle?

I am worried now for us next season because he''s been rather special for us. I will settle once we get a new person in who believes in us. One good thing is that we are still here and we know what loyalty means. It''s just life nowadays. People are part of capitalist system, they always want to get more, get better, get mire status. Lambert ultimately belongs in this mould .....its a rare person that doesn''t.

Otbc[/quote]

I would rather they song

Paul Lambert is a W*anker he wears a W*ankers cap hes gone to mangae Villa what a greedt Tw*at

[quote user="St.John Cooper"]

[quote user="morty"]So how did you want him to do it?Come round your house and apologise in person first?[/quote]

Morty i thought it was all just speculation....nothing was happening...now it has you are still in denial or is it all still just paper talk? lambert was great he has gone and I for one hope he finds out the grass is not always greener....6 points off villa next season will be lovely...

[/quote]Can I just point out that he remains Norwich City manager, and hasn''t gone anywhere yet?[:)]

If it is Villa he is leaving for, i''m very disappointed in him - what is he trying to prove? Very suprised if he keeps good contact with MO''N that he''d be stupid enough to go Villa following MON''s saga there. [:|]