Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Rider

Yellow Rider goes public - EDP

See page 56 of todays EDP.

I know many of you share my concerns, if so get writing to the EDP, EEN or Pink Un.

These outlets have a much more extensive circulation than this message board.

I voted IN for Worthy but with caveats. Lets see in the next few months whether he can bring himself to make the changes that many of us believe are required. I always believe in giving credit where it''s due and if Worthy bounces back I will be the first to praise him!   

[quote]See page 56 of todays EDP. I know many of you share my concerns, if so get writing to the EDP, EEN or Pink Un. These outlets have a much more extensive circulation than this message board. I voted...[/quote]

Didnt get an EDP today [Saturday], whats it all about?

[quote]See page 56 of todays EDP. I know many of you share my concerns, if so get writing to the EDP, EEN or Pink Un. These outlets have a much more extensive circulation than this message board. I voted...[/quote]

I have occasionally pondered on which is the most effective way of getting your views across - the letters page of the EDP or this board. When I have written to the EDP or other newspapers, my letter is usually hacked about by some sub-editor, often removing points I particularly wanted to make. At least on this board you can normally get your full opinion across - even if it is long, rambling and tedious! And besides, I have a feeling that some of City''s movers and shakers come here and have a quiet lurk from time to time, just to eavesdrop on what the fans are thinking (and who knows - under the cloak of an avatar, to have their own unattributable say).
Overall I believe you have a better chance of getting through to people who care about City, fans and others, on this board.

[quote]Didnt get an EDP today [Saturday], whats it all about?[/quote]

For those who didn''t see the paper:

Change the record, Nigel...

I know your writers have to be very diplomatic in their role, but there is a considerable under current of dissatisfaction with Nigel Worthington this season so far. Not because of our impending relegation, I must emphasise, but the following:

1. Repetitive nonsense spouted after every game about ‘work ethic, commitment’ etc. etc. His comments after Bolton (which I went to) were absurd, the sort of thing you hear from a non-league club who have just been knocked out of the FA Cup by a Premiership side.

2. Failure to use the squad at his disposal. When I went to the Charlton debacle in November, the injuries had not kicked in, but players like McVeigh, Mulryne, Helveg, Shackell, Jarvis, Brennan and Safri were still being ignored (by and large).

3. Failure to replace Malky Mackay with a similar type player / character.

4. Failure to give young players their chance in the team / squad. Example: Why on earth did we waste money on a third keeper when Joe Lewis could have been on the bench? What has happened to Jarvis’s career since he burst on the scene as a 16-year-old?

5. Failure to introduce Jason Shackell until now – he should have been played immediately after that Charlton game. I kept saying so, but no-one listened.

6. Persistent and obvious favouritism to Holt, Jonson, Fleming and Edworthy. I have it on very good authority that this type of concern is widespread, so much so that it will be formally represented to the board by a supporters’ group.

Worthy must have an open and truly honest appraisal of this season in May with the board and his own staff. He must be prepared to axe players well past their sell-by date and must get some creativity in to midfield. If not, he will be on a loser with the fans from day one next season.

David Thornton
(by email)

[quote]I have occasionally pondered on which is the most effective way of getting your views across - the letters page of the EDP or this board. When I have written to the EDP or other newspapers, my letter ...[/quote]

well, aparently Malky Mackay has been scanning this message board.....