Sign in to follow this  
Waveney Canary

Why are the club so slow in saying anything

Noon report says Lambert at Villa for talks today amid reports he has already quit Carrow Road.

Come on NCFC - give us some info. This is now being disrespectful to your fans.

[quote user="mrdi"]Whatever the situation, I still just can''t see for the life of me what''s so bl00dy attractive about Villa. Horrible city, fickle fans, horrible bunch of players, high (recent) turnover of managers, ~that~ local accent... [/quote]Horrible city :   Like all cities there are good areas and bad areas. If Lambert comes to Villa he won''t be living in Handsworth, or indeed Aston. Fickle fans : Much the same as any set of supporters. One thing he will have is a lot of goodwill after the worst manager to ever manage Villa.Horrible bunch of players ; A number of players that were part of the squad that finished 6th in three consecutive seasons and a number of youngsters coming through that were part of the team that won the Premier Reserve League South four times in five years. Certainly there needs to be changes with our squad but any half decent manager would have seen Villa much higher up the table last season. Unfortunately we had McLeish.High (recent) turnover of managers : As Houllier had to retire due to health reasons and only one manager has been sacked, for very good reasons, that isn''t really an issue. ~that~ local accent.  -  I''m sure Paul Lambert is mature enough to listen to the worth of whats being said rather than the accent it''s said in.

[quote user="Ghost of Pongo Waring"][quote user="mrdi"]Whatever the situation, I still just can''t see for the life of me what''s so bl00dy attractive about Villa. Horrible city, fickle fans, horrible bunch of players, high (recent) turnover of managers, ~that~ local accent... [/quote]Horrible city :   Like all cities there are good areas and bad areas. If Lambert comes to Villa he won''t be living in Handsworth, or indeed Aston. Fickle fans : Much the same as any set of supporters. One thing he will have is a lot of goodwill after the worst manager to ever manage Villa.Horrible bunch of players ; A number of players that were part of the squad that finished 6th in three consecutive seasons and a number of youngsters coming through that were part of the team that won the Premier Reserve League South four times in five years. Certainly there needs to be changes with our squad but any half decent manager would have seen Villa much higher up the table last season. Unfortunately we had McLeish.High (recent) turnover of managers : As Houllier had to retire due to health reasons and only one manager has been sacked, for very good reasons, that isn''t really an issue. ~that~ local accent.  -  I''m sure Paul Lambert is mature enough to listen to the worth of whats being said rather than the accent it''s said in.[/quote]With the greatest of respect... please sod off. Let us mourn in peace...

[quote user="Shaker Maker"]I hate to do this...but did it REALLY need another thread? Just add it to the 100''s of threads on this topic already...[/quote]Looks like one of the mods merged it :)

i would expect the club are slow in saying anything because there is actually nothing to say...silence is golden...

I bet the first we hear is from McNally on Twitter if there is nothing in it. If it''s bad news then it''ll be announced on the club web site.Am I the only one who gets butterflies every time they refresh canaries.co.uk?

As a fomer employee in a football club media team, here is my take on the situation.

If Lambert had quit last night, the club would have said so - this makes it clear he has left due to Villa interest and will make it easier to get compensation out of them. Like when Lambert quit Colchester to come to Norwich by coming out with it straight away Colchester made Norwich into the bad guys, reducing pressure on the club.

However, if Lambert wasn''t having talks with Villa today I would also put out a statement along the lines of ''contary to media speculation Paul Lambert isn''t meeting with Villa officials today etc etc''. This shuts everyone up instantly and they don''t have to deal with the hundreds of emails/phone calls they are getting today from reporters.

What does the silence mean? Personally I would imagine the club are waiting for the talks to end a decision to be made one way or another. Talking out of turn will do then no good right now and could make them look foolish if it contradicts what may or may not happen later.

This is just personal opinion of how I would handle it. Norwich aren''t generally big communicators with the press or fans, the Grant Holt case being a prime example.

[quote user="Irn Bru Canary"]

Noon report says Lambert at Villa for talks today amid reports he has already quit Carrow Road.

Come on NCFC - give us some info. This is now being disrespectful to your fans.

[/quote]LOL are you serious.  Disrespectful?What would be disrespectful is saying something and then changing it within 24 hours, I''d rather wait to hear solid undeniable truths thank you very much.

[quote user="Shaker Maker"][quote user="Ghost of Pongo Waring"][quote user="mrdi"]Whatever the situation, I still just can''t see for the life of me what''s so bl00dy attractive about Villa. Horrible city, fickle fans, horrible bunch of players, high (recent) turnover of managers, ~that~ local accent... [/quote]Horrible city :   Like all cities there are good areas and bad areas. If Lambert comes to Villa he won''t be living in Handsworth, or indeed Aston. Fickle fans : Much the same as any set of supporters. One thing he will have is a lot of goodwill after the worst manager to ever manage Villa.Horrible bunch of players ; A number of players that were part of the squad that finished 6th in three consecutive seasons and a number of youngsters coming through that were part of the team that won the Premier Reserve League South four times in five years. Certainly there needs to be changes with our squad but any half decent manager would have seen Villa much higher up the table last season. Unfortunately we had McLeish.High (recent) turnover of managers : As Houllier had to retire due to health reasons and only one manager has been sacked, for very good reasons, that isn''t really an issue. ~that~ local accent.  -  I''m sure Paul Lambert is mature enough to listen to the worth of whats being said rather than the accent it''s said in.[/quote]With the greatest of respect... please sod off. Let us mourn in peace...[/quote]Fair enough, no upset was intended.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

As a fomer employee in a football club media team, here is my take on the situation.

If Lambert had quit last night, the club would have said so - this makes it clear he has left due to Villa interest and will make it easier to get compensation out of them. Like when Lambert quit Colchester to come to Norwich by coming out with it straight away Colchester made Norwich into the bad guys, reducing pressure on the club.

However, if Lambert wasn''t having talks with Villa today I would also put out a statement along the lines of ''contary to media speculation Paul Lambert isn''t meeting with Villa officials today etc etc''. This shuts everyone up instantly and they don''t have to deal with the hundreds of emails/phone calls they are getting today from reporters.

What does the silence mean? Personally I would imagine the club are waiting for the talks to end a decision to be made one way or another. Talking out of turn will do then no good right now and could make them look foolish if it contradicts what may or may not happen later.

This is just personal opinion of how I would handle it. Norwich aren''t generally big communicators with the press or fans, the Grant Holt case being a prime example.

[/quote]

I think this may be true, also even if PL had resigned it doesnt mean NCFC have to accept it or i could be wrong.

Myself i think there was an agreement that if contact was made, he would be given permission to listen to any offers, an approach was made and i think the board went against there word and is proberly why there has ben some cross wires of did he / didnt he resign last night. this is just my opinion, and i don''t think its nailed on that PL is leaving NCFC.

Also someone more ITK on how contracts works might know the answer to this, i hope so.

But if your on a contract and you feel that your employees have gone against something agreed, you can resign, MoN resigned from the villa and won a tribunal against us, so maybe norwich are not stating this as they maybe in breach of his contract and they could end up with nothing if he does go.

Its just been reported on SSn that there was something happened last night and maybe he did resign and by doing so, NCFC agreed to allow him to talk so if he does leave they get compensated.

[quote user="CoE82"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[/quote]

But if your on a contract and you feel that your employees have gone against something agreed, you can resign, MoN resigned from the villa and won a tribunal against us, so maybe norwich are not stating this as they maybe in breach of his contract and they could end up with nothing if he does go.

Its just been reported on SSn that there was something happened last night and maybe he did resign and by doing so, NCFC agreed to allow him to talk so if he does leave they get compensated.

[/quote]

It depends what is in the contract, if there is a clause (as some are reporting) that allows the manager to speak to other clubs and he is refused, he could resign and claim ''constructive dismissal'' which is effectively being sacked. The employee had to leave due to the employer''s behavior.

Regardless of if Lambert has resigned or not, Villa will still have to pay compensation as set out in the Premier League rules. A manager can''t just quit one club and move to another without some payment being made - if this was allowed then no club would ever have to pay for a new manager.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="CoE82"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It depends what is in the contract, if there is a clause (as some are reporting) that allows the manager to speak to other clubs and he is refused, he could resign and claim ''constructive dismissal'' which is effectively being sacked. The employee had to leave due to the employer''s behavior.

Regardless of if Lambert has resigned or not, Villa will still have to pay compensation as set out in the Premier League rules. A manager can''t just quit one club and move to another without some payment being made - if this was allowed then no club would ever have to pay for a new manager.

[/quote]

Cheers BY&G, it sort of answer the question, and proberly explains why MoN after he left didn''t join anyone else.

My slant on the did he / didn''t he was more on what has been heard in the press and across the net, i think there''s been to much in the resigning rasmble to be nothing in it, and why i think the following senario maybe true.

PL - I want to see what villa have on offer.

NCFC - No we won''t allow it

PL - but it''s in my contract and if you don''t i will resign

NCFC - mmmmmmmmm ok then we will allow you to listen and speak to them

or something like that

[quote user="Ghost of Pongo Waring"]Fair enough, no upset was intended.[/quote]I enjoyed your response. Nice to see a bit of fire!