Sign in to follow this  
Waveney Canary

Why are the club so slow in saying anything

[quote user="morty"][quote user="St.John Cooper"]Dont think so Morty he was asked news on press conference or aything official...I am asking what his sources are saying this does not mean official[/quote]

Do you think it likely that an Archant employee is going to join the media guessing games. On an Archant messageboard. Really? Think about it.
[/quote]

Michael Bailey has tweeted

Michael Bailey @michaeljbailey

No official word on PL, but seen the reports – and been told by a good source they are true. Looks like a busy day ahead, either way.

[quote user="The Pinkun Role Model"][quote user="morty"]Because theres nothing to say?Paul Lamberts representatives are expected to meet with Villa today.Notice the word "expected"The press are gagging for this to happen, whilst I am not denying it may, they are doing a lot of guessing and speculating to fill column inches.[/quote]Well there is Morty.  We soon moved like lightening on the NOTW and the administration story. IMO The Sun has printed worse and yet nothing is said. [/quote]I don''t know if you are in reach of a telly, but seriously, put SSN on.I have no doubt whatsoever that Lambert is going to talk to Villa, but there is nothing more to tell than this.SSN have gone from hyping up the rumours of the walk out to now conceding they understand Paul Lambert remains Norwich city manager, and they UNDERSTAND his representatives will LIKELY talk to Villa today.The media are hyping this up to create a story.Who knows, the cup could be half full, he could talk to Villa and turn them down. It could happen, you know.[:)]

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="St.John Cooper"]Dont think so Morty he was asked news on press conference or aything official...I am asking what his sources are saying this does not mean official[/quote]Do you think it likely that an Archant employee is going to join the media guessing games. On an Archant messageboard. Really? Think about it.[/quote]

Michael Bailey has tweeted

Michael Bailey @michaeljbailey

No official word on PL, but seen the reports – and been told by a good source they are true. Looks like a busy day ahead, either way.

[/quote]Blimey, media employees hyping up rumours to create a story? Whatever next lol.

As mentioned by Chris Lakey in his column last week..."It’s not just the media, local or national, written or broadcast, which

has speculated about Lambert or Holt. Some have gone to extremes, some

are clearly not informed, others – and I would like to think Archant is

one – play a straight bat and report the reports. And the facts."Me, I''m just keeping my fingers crossed that the messageboard doesn''t fall over...

Nothing said as I''m absolutely sure nothing is cut and dried. No news is good news at the mo IMO.

[quote user="morty"]The media are hyping this up to create a story.[:)][/quote]BINGO. Think of all the hits that the Pinkun and the Sun websites are getting this morning!Sky Sports News is only as successful as it is because it rehashes other peoples rubbish- but it gets the viewing figures to justify it.

The NOTW administration story had SERIOUS repercussions for the club. If businesses relating to the club believed it it could have caused a whole sequence of events which would have lead to a financial nightmare for the club. Sponsors would pull out, people that owed the club money would delay paying and suppliers to the club would stop supplying.This is just a football matter.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="The Pinkun Role Model"][quote user="morty"]Because theres nothing to say?Paul Lamberts representatives are expected to meet with Villa today.Notice the word "expected"The press are gagging for this to happen, whilst I am not denying it may, they are doing a lot of guessing and speculating to fill column inches.[/quote]Well there is Morty.  We soon moved like lightening on the NOTW and the administration story. IMO The Sun has printed worse and yet nothing is said. [/quote]I don''t know if you are in reach of a telly, but seriously, put SSN on.I have no doubt whatsoever that Lambert is going to talk to Villa, but there is nothing more to tell than this.SSN have gone from hyping up the rumours of the walk out to now conceding they understand Paul Lambert remains Norwich city manager, and they UNDERSTAND his representatives will LIKELY talk to Villa today.The media are hyping this up to create a story.Who knows, the cup could be half full, he could talk to Villa and turn them down. It could happen, you know.[:)]

[/quote]That''s by the by.  Instance 1 we reacted quickly to a bs story. Instance 2 we say nothing.  We''re now beyond the point nothing to comment on. As is fairly obvious something is going on now.

[quote user="The Pinkun Role Model"][quote user="morty"][quote user="The Pinkun Role Model"][quote user="morty"]Because theres nothing to say?Paul Lamberts representatives are expected to meet with Villa today.Notice the word "expected"The press are gagging for this to happen, whilst I am not denying it may, they are doing a lot of guessing and speculating to fill column inches.[/quote]Well there is Morty.  We soon moved like lightening on the NOTW and the administration story. IMO The Sun has printed worse and yet nothing is said. [/quote]I don''t know if you are in reach of a telly, but seriously, put SSN on.I have no doubt whatsoever that Lambert is going to talk to Villa, but there is nothing more to tell than this.SSN have gone from hyping up the rumours of the walk out to now conceding they understand Paul Lambert remains Norwich city manager, and they UNDERSTAND his representatives will LIKELY talk to Villa today.The media are hyping this up to create a story.Who knows, the cup could be half full, he could talk to Villa and turn them down. It could happen, you know.[:)]

[/quote]That''s by the by.  Instance 1 we reacted quickly to a bs story. Instance 2 we say nothing.  We''re now beyond the point nothing to comment on. As is fairly obvious something is going on now.[/quote]Of course its obvious theres something going on!Paul Lamberts representatives will likely talk to Aston Villa.Everything else is rumour and conjecture to hype the whole thing up.

[quote user="peter2704"]I was then about to post the exact same thing!! There''s been this rumour out there that he''s left for about 3 hours now, and still nothing from the club. Not a denial, not a confirmation etc. Very strange if you ask me.[/quote]

3 hours, c''mon people thats no time at all, no doubt the club will make a statement sometime today. All they can confirm at this point is they denied Lambert to speak to Villa, they aren''t likely to confirm just yet if he has walked out on us.

[quote user="Shaker Maker"] Think of all the hits that the Pinkun and the Sun websites are getting this morning!

[/quote]

Would this be the same Sun that had Harry splashed all over the back pages for days on end claiming that he had been offered the England job ?

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="cityangel"]

Seems odd that the news broke just after midnight last night and its now 10.15am and theres no denial or confirmation from the club that hes gone..

[/quote]

CA babe i am amazed you think it odd that the Club media department is deathly silent and have said nothing.Par for the course in recent years if you ask me.

[/quote]

Well I rang them on Tuesday and they said they were doing a stock take and couldn''t take any calls re mechandise or send any goods out until Friday so maybe that explains the silence [:)]

[/quote]

What you mean Joe Ferrari has gone downstairs and is doing the stocktake in the club shop ? [*-)]

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="cityangel"]

Seems odd that the news broke just after midnight last night and its now 10.15am and theres no denial or confirmation from the club that hes gone..

[/quote]

CA babe i am amazed you think it odd that the Club media department is deathly silent and have said nothing.Par for the course in recent years if you ask me.

[/quote]

Well I rang them on Tuesday and they said they were doing a stock take and couldn''t take any calls re mechandise or send any goods out until Friday so maybe that explains the silence [:)]

[/quote]

What you mean Joe Ferrari has gone downstairs and is doing the stocktake in the club shop ? [*-)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Makes sense. If everyone pitches in, it gets done a lot quicker. An example of true teamwork in action.

Would this be the same Sun that had Harry splashed all over the back pages for days on end claiming that he had been offered the England job ?

Im also usually dismissive of the Sun, however, the reporter who broke the news, Charlie Wyatt'' is said to be a Norwich fan !

Most likely scenario =

1- McNally refused permission for PL to talk to villa

2- PL threw QF and threatened to resign

3- Media picked up this fact (leaked?) and ran with it but made it a done deal

4- McNasty then back down and allows PL to talk thus at least keeping door open

5- he waits becuase this leaves options. either statement slating PL if he goes or praising him if he stays.

The point being that to say too much too soon could jeopardise the last tiny chance of retaining PL

[quote user="ting tong"]

I hate to hear from the Sun what is going on why dont we hear first from the club. I hope they are having a board meeting now where they appoint Culverhouse. Now that would be a slick bit of leadership from Delia and Co.

PS Thanks Paul Lambert for saving the club and I wish you all the best just not when you play the Canaries.

[/quote]

Looking at the report on Sky it would seem Lambert tells us one thing and the board another if he is as happy here as he likes us to believe then why are we having this debate

[quote]Most likely scenario =

1- McNally refused permission for PL to talk to villa

2- PL threw QF and threatened to resign

3- Media picked up this fact (leaked?) and ran with it but made it a done deal

4- McNasty then back down and allows PL to talk thus at least keeping door open

5- he waits becuase this leaves options. either statement slating PL if he goes or praising him if he stays.

The point being that to say too much too soon could jeopardise the last tiny chance of retaining PL[/quote]Agreed, this is basically what I said earlier :) Sounds likely.

Whatever the situation, I still just can''t see for the life of me what''s so bl00dy attractive about Villa. Horrible city, fickle fans, horrible bunch of players, high (recent) turnover of managers, ~that~ local accent...

Can''t say the brummie accent is any worse than the Norfolk accent!

The club will be busy enough today as its the end of the ''football financial year'' as the famous saying goes ''no news is good news'' and in this sense the longer it goes on the more likely it is that he''s staying

As someone has already pointed out the admin. story printed by the news of the world is much bigger than this and is just another example of a massive over reaction

Actually, you have a point about the accent. However, I spent best part of 4 weeks in Brum last year for a job. After the first week I had to wear one of those funnel sleeve things which dangerous dogs wear to stop them biting their own ears off. Seriously. 

[quote user="mrdi"]Actually, you have a point about the accent. However, I spent best part of 4 weeks in Brum last year for a job. After the first week I had to wear one of those funnel sleeve things which dangerous dogs wear to stop them biting their own ears off. Seriously. [/quote][:D]

This is just an extreme negotiating tactic to enable Lambert to get more funds for next season IMO.

[quote user="paul moy"]This is just an extreme negotiating tactic to enable Lambert to get more funds for next season IMO.[/quote]

That thought has crossed my mind, but it isn''t like we don''t back Lambert and there is only so far we can stretch.

[quote user="alysha"]

[quote user="paul moy"]This is just an extreme negotiating tactic to enable Lambert to get more funds for next season IMO.[/quote]

That thought has crossed my mind, but it isn''t like we don''t back Lambert and there is only so far we can stretch.

[/quote]

Agreed, but we much stretch as far as we can to try to keep him, and it''s clear that McNally has not done that yet.

Sky Sports now reporting that he hasn''t resigned. There was a row with the board but the stories of him resigning over it are untrue. Now there''s a surprise, The Sun adding up 2 and 2 to make 50.

I''m at the point now where I don''t really care any more whether he stays or goes. I just want it sorted out quickly so that the Club can get itself in order and things can be set straight before the start of the new season. Don''t get me wrong, I''d love nothing more than Lambert to stay, but if there''s even a small waver in his commitment to the Club then it''s best he packs his bags and allows a fresh face to come in and give it 110%. If he goes, then a big thank you for turning us around and for the fantastic memories over the past 3 years and good luck with your next challenge.

Who is this idiot on SSN now? Pete Colley.Seriously what an utter load of guessing and desperation to make a story.

[quote user="Francesco Volpe"]I''d love nothing more than Lambert to stay, but if there''s even a small waver in his commitment to the Club then it''s best he packs his bags and allows a fresh face to come in and give it 110%.[/quote]
I agree completely. Whilst I would love Lambert to stay, if he wishes to leave then he might as well leave ASAP to allow the board to start the hunt for the next manager.