Sign in to follow this  
SnakepitCanary

Thank You, Mr Lambert.

Understandably, the pain of Lambert moving on is still with us all, and will be until we appoint the next new manager. I trust David McNally and the board with doing this, as they appointed Lambert in the first place.

Without Lambert, I''m sure we would still be in League One/Championship or even possibly not here at all, as we were close to administration at one point. But he took us to the Championship after an amazing run, and it was much deserved. He then took us to the Premiership after another successful season, beating the scum 9-2 on agreegate. The late winner from Simeon Jackson against Derby will live with me forever as one of my fondest memories of supporting Norwich. Even if I am 21. Last season we stayed up which didn''t shock us as much as it shocked other fans, but we knew we stood a good chance with him at the helm.

He now departs us. We knew he would do this at some point as he done the exact same thing for Colchester, and they warned us about it. He''ll do the same at Villa, but that just shows his ambition. I don''t think it''ll be an easy job but as a Norwich fan, I wish him all the best.

Remember where we were when he was appointed.

I echo your thanks to Mr Lambert. However whoever the new man is will get my and I hope everyones support 100 %. If whoever the new man is keeps us up next year I believe they will have the opportunity to take this club into the next phase so the strange thing is Lambert got us there but somebody else could easily take the glory of moving Norwich on.

For what its worth Lambert will now have to work with some of the footballers that are already big names. It wont be quite so easy to get them on board when they are told you are not playing today because you have the wrong attitude -they rebel. And Villa fans will not accept him signing players from the championship they want established players. So if he does not move Villa on quickly the fans will turn on him big time.

Firstly, I''ll believe it when it happens. There have been so many press inspired rumours during the past two weeks  that I have an inclination that this could well be just another one.

Secondly, I do not believe in a million years that there was ''bust-up'' between McNally and Lambert. It does not fit, besides McNally stated at the outset that he would try to prevent PL talking to anybody as long as he was contracted to NCFC. This was always a bit of bluff to me as it would have been unpreventable. A decent sign of appreciation towards PL, but that was all.

Thirdly, Paul Lambert would have always had talks with Villa should they invite him for them. Why not? They could offer him the Earth and he has a right to test the water. Who wouldn''t?

Fourthly, having talks means just that, having talks and I am hoping that, on a face to face level, the ''Lerner brand''  fails to appeal to PL in the same way that it failed to appeal to Martin O''Neill. Bullshine is bullshine, whatever the accent, and Glaswegians are reknown for their down to earth resistance to it.

Fifth. If  true (and I suspect that it is a big "if") that Lambert did walk out, then this does this  effect any compensation that we get from Villa?

This should be a lot than the Telegraph state in any case (£1m.) Apparently, Swansea will get £3-4m for Rogers.

Lastly, in the worst case scenario there will have to be some agreement drawn up between NCFC and AVFC. This would primarily be centred around this compensation, but it could also include a transfer embargo on our current players. I believe that this is feasable and believe that I have heard of this happening before. A two year gap before Villa could sign any of our current players against our wishes should suffice.

In the meantime fellow Canaries, chillax, the roller coaster of the last fortnight should have reduced our vulnerability to these newspaper rumours and should have hardened our resolve. Take comfort in the fact that the Villa job is a potential banana skin and Lambert is nothing if not cautious.

Bingo. Fans very quickly turn on managers, he is entitled to leave us if he feels he can move on to bigger and better things (Whether he will find that at Villa is debatable, but its similar circumstances to his appointment here)Lambert owes us nothing at all. I wish him all the best, and I can only hope his replacement (If indeed he is leaving) will be given some time by the fans.And as you say, in May 2009 I would have laughed if you told me we would be in this position, some people need to remember this fact.

I echo the first post, I always promised myself and people on this board and Col U fans that I wouldn''t react the same way as they did if and when he left, as I fully expected it would be in these circumstances.

Good Luck to him and I''m sure plenty of Villa fans will be let know by Norwich fans that he''ll leave them in similar fashion if he does really well for a truly bigger club.

[quote user="TheJarrold"]....but will McNally welcome him back after the talks if he decides not to go....that''s the question![/quote]Taking the emotion away from it all, he''s an employee.An employee that has touted his CV around to see if he can get himself a better job.Theres no done deals just yet.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="TheJarrold"]....but will McNally welcome him back after the talks if he decides not to go....that''s the question![/quote]Taking the emotion away from it all, he''s an employee.An employee that has touted his CV around to see if he can get himself a better job.Theres no done deals just yet.[/quote]So if you had a tantrum and told your boss you''ve quit, would you expect your job back if your plan goes tits up?

[quote user="TheJarrold"]....but will McNally welcome him back after the talks if he decides not to go....that''s the question![/quote]

There is an honourable way of doing things and a dishonourable way. Call me old-fashioned but if you sign a contract you expect both sides to honour it. It''s all very well prematurely thanking Lambert for everything yadda yadda yadda but it shouldn''t be forgotten that he owes the club alot too. It''s not all one way. In any case, until the facts come out it really is pointless speculating whether or not Lambert has walked out on us. The club need to make a clear statement asap now.

[quote user="The Pinkun Role Model"][quote user="morty"][quote user="TheJarrold"]....but will McNally welcome him back after the talks if he decides not to go....that''s the question![/quote]Taking the emotion away from it all, he''s an employee.An employee that has touted his CV around to see if he can get himself a better job.Theres no done deals just yet.[/quote]So if you had a tantrum and told your boss you''ve quit, would you expect your job back if your plan goes tits up?[/quote]*Alleged tantrum as reported by The Sun.

I think we''re being naive if we think some talking behind the scenes hasn''t been going on.    If he has resigned - he will have everything sorted about where he''s going next.      You don''t resign unless you have something in place.   

[quote user="morty"][quote user="The Pinkun Role Model"][quote user="morty"][quote user="TheJarrold"]....but will McNally welcome him back after the talks if he decides not to go....that''s the question![/quote]Taking the emotion away from it all, he''s an employee.An employee that has touted his CV around to see if he can get himself a better job.Theres no done deals just yet.[/quote]So if you had a tantrum and told your boss you''ve quit, would you expect your job back if your plan goes tits up?[/quote]*Alleged tantrum as reported by The Sun.[/quote]That''s a no then

[quote user="morty"][quote user="The Pinkun Role Model"][quote user="morty"][quote user="TheJarrold"]....but will McNally welcome him back after the talks if he decides not to go....that''s the question![/quote]

Taking the emotion away from it all, he''s an employee.

An employee that has touted his CV around to see if he can get himself a better job.

Theres no done deals just yet.
[/quote]

So if you had a tantrum and told your boss you''ve quit, would you expect your job back if your plan goes tits up?
[/quote]

*Alleged tantrum as reported by The Sun.
[/quote]

Morty are you in denial?

" Call me old-fashioned but if you sign a contract you expect both sides to honour it. "Alcatraz - Whilst I understand your point of view, by that logic we should never have sacked Gunn or Roeder as they still had ''x'' years to run on their contracts. These things work both ways, as mentioned earlier fans often show no loyalty to players and managers so we shouldnt be surprised when the roles are reversed.

[quote user="TheJarrold"]....but will McNally welcome him back after the talks if he decides not to go....that''s the question![/quote]

Lambert''s gone and people should stop pretending it doesn''t matter -- his superior signings are likely to follow leaving us a team bereft of that Lambert spirit and a side that will struggle to remain in the Premier - and why? Because the club is not ambitious enough to put the necessary funds in.Be angry at the Board first and fore-mostly.

[quote user="St.John Cooper"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="The Pinkun Role Model"][quote user="morty"][quote user="TheJarrold"]....but will McNally welcome him back after the talks if he decides not to go....that''s the question![/quote]Taking the emotion away from it all, he''s an employee.An employee that has touted his CV around to see if he can get himself a better job.Theres no done deals just yet.[/quote]So if you had a tantrum and told your boss you''ve quit, would you expect your job back if your plan goes tits up?[/quote]*Alleged tantrum as reported by The Sun.[/quote]

Morty are you in denial?

[/quote]Not at all. Just laughing at all the pant wetting going on here.Lambert and Mcnally are friends. Yes they are colleagues, but also friends.Do you think there was a reasoned conversation along the lines of "Dave I would like to, at least, see what they have to offer" or was it all door slamming and shouting?There are no concrete facts on the table here whatsoever. Its like some folks on here are almost glad something is allegedly going to happen.He''s a football manager, they come and go, yeah it will be sad if he leaves, but Norwich city won''t slide into the river because Lambert isn''t there any more.

[quote user="The Pinkun Role Model"][quote user="morty"][quote user="The Pinkun Role Model"][quote user="morty"][quote user="TheJarrold"]....but will McNally welcome him back after the talks if he decides not to go....that''s the question![/quote]Taking the emotion away from it all, he''s an employee.An employee that has touted his CV around to see if he can get himself a better job.Theres no done deals just yet.[/quote]So if you had a tantrum and told your boss you''ve quit, would you expect your job back if your plan goes tits up?[/quote]*Alleged tantrum as reported by The Sun.[/quote]That''s a no then[/quote]It would be a very unprofessional thing to do, and I think it very unlikely Lambert would behave in this way, unless he has already been told by Villa he has the job.He''s going for talks, he''d be VERY stupid to burn bridges just yet.

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="TheJarrold"]....but will McNally welcome him back after the talks if he decides not to go....that''s the question![/quote]

Lambert''s gone and people should stop pretending it doesn''t matter -- his superior signings are likely to follow leaving us a team bereft of that Lambert spirit and a side that will struggle to remain in the Premier - and why? Because the club is not ambitious enough to put the necessary funds in.Be angry at the Board first and fore-mostly. [/quote]

Without the board though we wouldn''t of employed Lambert in the first place, and we''d still be in the Championship/League One!

The board are trying to run a business. They are doing everything they can to make sure that we are externally debt free at the end of the season. They have backed him as much as possible and I''d rather our finances were secure, rather then us giving our manager a massive transfer and wage budget, get relegated and ending up like Pompey.

We''ve had three solid years of pure success, how many clubs get that?

If Lambert goes, there is no one to vilify or blame, it''s a cut-throat business.

Everyone knows where we were pre-Lambert era and everyone knows how he arrived here in the first place, it was always going to end this way eventually.

If he does join Villa, then he is ultimately joining a bigger club with more potential then us. This is much the preferred departure compared to joining a Burnley / West Brom / Wigan.

Bring forth Poyet.

Personally I am a bit disappointed but in a strange way also slightly relieved. I may be all alone here but we all knew this moment would come, we''ve all spent

the last two seasons stressing out every time a manager''s job became available

(or looked like it was becoming available) and we all knew that Lambert is a

ruthless individual with no time for sentiment and who would one day walk out on

us like he did with Colchester. I''ve no real complaints at that, we have

benefitted from it hugely and if you employ a manager who is a bit of a b***ard

then you should not be surprised when they act like a bit of a b***ard. It has been

obvious to me from the press titbits that his agent has been putting it out

there that he wanted the Villa job so its not really a surprise that things have

panned out how they have this week. I did hope that maybe pride might prevent

him taking a job where he was clearly not first choice but it seems that even

that doesn;t bother lambo in his pursuit of getting one of those top jobs. i

suspect he will do quite well there and end up in a job with one of the big 5 in

a couple of years time, probably walking out on Villa in the process.For

us, we move on. I trust Mcnally to find the right guy and I reckon he will

already have some targets lined up. i once sat next to him at a dinner and asked

him what he would do if Lambert walked out on us (at the time Lambo was being

linked with a job somewhere) and he looked completely unconcerned and just said

he would get someone better in. He also told a mate of mine not to long ago that

he always has a manager in mind to approach should lambert walk out. Contrary to

popular belief I also understand that he and Lambert are not great friends or that close, ditto

with Holt and Lambert.Our job will be hugely attractive to many managers and i

believe that if we get in the right man then he continue to take us forward. The

press will write us off and say that we will struggle without Lambert but if

he''s any good the new manager can use that to his advantage and fire up the

players to show that it was also down to them. We have some great young players

and we are a good club which is back on its feet. Norwich city is bigger than

Paul Lambert and we will be ok.

I for one will not be applauding Lambert when he comes back with Villa, as that wuld be totally disrespectful to whoever replaces him. Now I know a lot of people would say thats wrong but its not in my opinion as he will be leading the opposition. He has done fabulously well for us but it looks like he will be leaving!

I''m not in the best of moods right now, so starting threads saying zilch that could easily go in existing threads is really going to f*ck me off.Don''t do it.

I will be applauding him, and then singing the new manager''s name immediately afterwards. He deserves to be appreciated by us and will always be held in high regard by myself.

[quote user="Shyster"]I''m not in the best of moods right now, so starting threads saying zilch that could easily go in existing threads is really going to f*ck me off.Don''t do it.[/quote]Shyster - you are a man of my own heart.

[quote user="Al Catraz"][quote user="TheJarrold"]....but will McNally welcome him back after the talks if he decides not to go....that''s the question![/quote]

There is an honourable way of doing things and a dishonourable way. Call me old-fashioned but if you sign a contract you expect both sides to honour it. It''s all very well prematurely thanking Lambert for everything yadda yadda yadda but it shouldn''t be forgotten that he owes the club alot too. It''s not all one way. In any case, until the facts come out it really is pointless speculating whether or not Lambert has walked out on us. The club need to make a clear statement asap now.[/quote]Lambert has honoured his contract and owes NCFC absolutely nothing, if he does decide that the time is right to move on. Lambert signed a one year rolling contract and he can leave at any time of his choosing whether you and other ungrateful folk like it or not. If he was given a longer term deal and some type of security by his employers then you may have had a point, but he hasn''t so you don''t.Besides have you heard from the man himself (Lambert) saying that he is actually going anywhere yet? Maybe you should at least wait for that before you demonise someone who had a massive part in saving NCFC from financial ruin?Thanks for what you have done and all the best for the future Paul if you do decide to leave. If you weren''t going to leave then you are sure as hell are probably considering it now with so many thankless turncoats about in Norfolk!

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="TheJarrold"]....but will McNally welcome him back after the talks if he decides not to go....that''s the question![/quote]

Lambert''s gone and people should stop pretending it doesn''t matter -- his superior signings are likely to follow leaving us a team bereft of that Lambert spirit and a side that will struggle to remain in the Premier - and why? Because the club is not ambitious enough to put the necessary funds in.Be angry at the Board first and fore-mostly. [/quote]The bubble has burst as it was always going to do.They have been gifted a large amount of money by PL which they didn''t deserve.... now it''s up to them to stop the slide.

[quote user="Cluck Nose."][quote user="Shyster"][quote user="TheJarrold"]....but will McNally welcome him back after the talks if he decides not to go....that''s the question![/quote]

Lambert''s gone and people should stop pretending it doesn''t matter -- his superior signings are likely to follow leaving us a team bereft of that Lambert spirit and a side that will struggle to remain in the Premier - and why? Because the club is not ambitious enough to put the necessary funds in.

Be angry at the Board first and fore-mostly.
[/quote]

The bubble has burst as it was always going to do.

They have been gifted a large amount of money by PL which they didn''t deserve.... now it''s up to them to stop the slide.

[/quote] Must all be delias fault right cluck???