Sign in to follow this  
City penguin

Chris Houghton, whats the issue?

[quote user="Gareth"][quote user="Mahogany"]He''s a good manager, but we don''t need a good manager, we need a great one. Getting that Newcastle team promoted wasn''t much of a feat, it was far better than anything else in the league when he arrived. Getting Brum to the playoffs is isn''t great either. With the team he had and a fairly weak league they should have got automatic.

We''re replacing the best young manager in the country and we need someone of his caliber to replace him[/quote]
Their owner was arrested and the club purged into financial issues. Most of their defence, midfield and one of their best strikers were sold and Hughton had next to nothing to spend on players. He brought in 11 players over the course of the season on permanent deals, 9 of them were free transfers and he supplemented with loans. He guided a team that was close to administration to the play off semis. That''s a hell of an achievement. 
[/quote]I know it''s all about opinions but I really can''t see why anyone would think Hughton would be a bad appointment for us, certainly better than Malky.

As I just stated on another thread, unfairly sacked by the geordies after signing Tiotte and Ben Arfa for reasonable fees.

In my opinion, understands the type of player required to succeed in the premier league at reasonable prices, as these two were in  price range we could compete with.

[quote user="Canary Willo"]

As I just stated on another thread, unfairly sacked by the geordies after signing Tiotte and Ben Arfa for reasonable fees.

In my opinion, understands the type of player required to succeed in the premier league at reasonable prices, as these two were in  price range we could compete with.

[/quote]

Was just about to post this! Also he didn''t join west brom cos he wanted to bring his own backroom staff, which is what would be needed as lambert is bound to take culverhouse and karsa with him! Reading about him and the guy seems to be a natural winner! would be more than happy with him if lambo was to go!

Chris Houghton would be my choice, i think he will be fantastic. But none of us really know who will be good with us. Most wont admit it but i bet most were very pessimistic and doubtful when lambert first joined us, my first thoughts were wtf!!Good luck to lambert, but he is only one man, he is leaving the club and fans and players (so far) we have a great future if we get the right man in next

Could be the ideal manager for us.   A respected and successful coach and manager.  Has a good attitude and would be respected by the players.  Can''t think of anyone better amongst more established clubs.   Sure we could go for another lower league up and coming manager - but don''t forget we were in League 1 when we got a League 1 manager.    Now we''re in the  premiership someone like Hughton would be a good choice - someone who knows about managing at this level.

The thought that to replace Paul Lambert we may well have to shell out more in compensation than we receive, is galling to the extreme.....

[quote user="TheFineCity"]Hughton would be my number 1 choice. Excellent young manager. Newcastle sacking was one of the bizarrest in Football. Hoping the club are now making moves for him...[/quote]

An excellent young 53 year old manager? That isn''t young mate, that is one year younger than Curbishley.

There is nothing young about him. We have just lost a manager who is a decade younger.

Di Matteo is 42, Guardiola is 41, Paul Lambert is 42. Please explain how Hughton is young!!!

[quote user="City penguin"]For me he has done a top job at Newcastle, was sacked very unfairly.

Its really difficult to take over a relegated team and get them playing well again, he got brum into the play offs which is a fantastic achievement[/quote]

He''d be a good choice... I think he''s the best candidate mentioned so far....