Sign in to follow this  
St.John Cooper

Mcnally Tweet Howson is staying and was never for sale

[quote user="Michael Starr"]This tweet further down has made me soo angry with some so-called fans!!!!!!!! Turning on David McNally now. Hardly his fault is it?

Lambert has gone because of you. You offered him 6 million to spend, what do you exepct would happen. Try again. Respectfully, I dont know where you get your information from but it is entirely wrong.[/quote]Words fail me

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Pudd, I don''t know the in''s and out''s of it all, hopefully someone will be along shortly who does, but I was under the impression that when we renegotiated the debt when we were on the brink of administration, there was a clause that stated that we had to repay it in full if we stayed up for two consecutive seasons. That would have seemed like the last thing we''d have needed to worry about at the time, but obviously it was better to have repaid some of it out of last seasons budget and some out of this coming seasons, rather than take a massive chunk out of the following seasons should we survive. Whatever happens, Lambert''s legacy will be as much about the club becoming debt free and securing our future as what happened on the pitch.[/quote]

We have to pay off all our external debt by October 31, 2013. At which point Smith and Jones and Foulger can ask for repayment of their soft debt.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]We have to pay off all our external debt by October 31, 2013. At which point Smith and Jones and Foulger can ask for repayment of their soft debt.[/quote]

So by the sounds of it, our hands are tied... it''s not a choice to restrict available funds to the playing budget... we''re actually legally bound to.

I know this seems to be upsetting people, but I don''t see what fight McNally thought we could put up. Telling Lambert he couldn''t talk to Villa was never going to work... we know that from experience!

I don''t like it either... On current form, Villa are no bigger than us.... however Lambert clearly feels funds are required for us to progress, and we don''t have that in our armoury. Villa claim to (they certainly pay bigger wages).

Don''t get me wrong here by the way... I''m not trying to condemn our clubs'' approach... I''m pointing out that it''s no longer compatible with retaining Lambert, and probably hasn''t been for a few months now.

Pudd - your second paragraph is bizzare. How do we know that "telling Lambert he couldn''t talk to Villa was never going to work .... we know that from experience!" ?

Think back to when we got Lambert from Colchester!! Colchester DID give us permission to talk to Lambert which we did. He then left them in acrimonious circumstances and in the end we had to pay them compensation fixed by a tribunal which also fined us.

The obvious lesson from that episode is that allowing Lambert to talk to another (bigger) club will end up with him leaving.

Therefore McNally chose the entirely logical option (based on past experience) of not allowing Lambert to talk to Villa!!