Sign in to follow this  
Lamb Chopped?

Lee Clark?

Despite being sacked, he did very well at Huddersfield (went on a very, very long unbeaten streak).I think there are certainly worse people to offer the job to than Clark. He''s a young manager who has potential by the looks of things, plus he''s unemployed so they''d be no compesation.

Yes he done a fantastic job at Huddersfield didn''t he?3 and half years of failing to get one of the wealthiest teams in League 1 promoted before being rightfully sacked. Then low and behold Simon Grayson takes over and gets them promoted in just 3 months.Grayson should be far higher on the possibles list than the awful Lee Clark, as Grayson at least has two promotions under his belt already.Not that Grayson would get anywhere my top 5 or 6 candidates for the job either.

[quote user="Lammy"]Yes he done a fantastic job at Huddersfield didn''t he?

3 and half years of failing to get one of the wealthiest teams in League 1 promoted before being rightfully sacked. Then low and behold Simon Grayson takes over and gets them promoted in just 3 months.

Grayson should be far higher on the possibles list than the awful Lee Clark, as Grayson at least has two promotions under his belt already.

Not that Grayson would get anywhere my top 5 or 6 candidates for the job either.
[/quote]

Agree, Clark had a massive budget for a league 1 club and couldn''t get the job done.  He wouldn''t be any good here.  Imagine who would be on his contacts list if he needed advice on a player?  Mr Roeder maybe?

Exactly Jed [Y]I certainly hope some of our brainless directors at Carrow Road are not sourcing these messageboard''s for fans opinions.Go out and get your own man again Mr McNally!

[quote user="Lammy"]Exactly Jed [Y]

I certainly hope some of our brainless directors at Carrow Road are not sourcing these messageboard''s for fans opinions.

Go out and get your own man again Mr McNally!
[/quote]

But that man might just be Clark - they had a spell at Fulham together when Clark was finishing his playing career. If McNally recalls him a s a potential manager / leader, don''t be surprised if he gets him in. Not sure he''s my top choice but I certainly wouldn''t be surprised to wake up by the weekend and hear he''s taken it.

If McNally is to use his contacts then Neil Lennon has to be a better bet than cheap, not good enough for Huddersfield Town in League 1 - Clark. That would rank alongside Gunn as the worst management appointment at Carrow Road in years.

[quote user="Lammy"]If McNally is to use his contacts then Neil Lennon has to be a better bet than cheap, not good enough for Huddersfield Town in League 1 - Clark. That would rank alongside Gunn as the worst management appointment at Carrow Road in years.
[/quote]

My word you do have a very selective memory!!

Clark may not have actually got Huddersfield up but they had three seasons under him being leading promotion contenders. If he was THAT bad, the whole thing would have fallen apart  big time. It didn''t!

I did post a list of possibles earlier today Herman (on the initial Chris Hughton post by CUSDP).I guess that I would have a shortlist of 5.Martinez if we can possibly upset the apple cart with his renewed talks with Wigan would be my number one choice.Others on the shortlist would be Brian McDermott, Nigel Adkins, Gus Poyet, Neil Lennon, Paulo Di Canio and Eddie Howe.Di

Matteo would go to very near the top of the list if Chelsea don''t appoint him soon and he has no better offers on the table, although we can''t hang around if Lambert has gone as we the sooner we know who our manager is for next season the better.We then have Culverhouse if he does not want to go with his gaffer and Malky who I would take over Clark and Hughton too.I might also be tempted to look at one or two other bright prospects, such as Gary Smith (Stevenage) too.

A lot of Huddersfield fans weren''t that upset too see him go. The main gripe seemed to be that he was more interested in protecting his streak, rather than winning games, hence a lot of those games being draws and their continual failure to get promoted despite having consistently the best budget in the division.

[quote user="Yellow Rider"]

[quote user="Lammy"]If McNally is to use his contacts then Neil Lennon has to be a better bet than cheap, not good enough for Huddersfield Town in League 1 - Clark. That would rank alongside Gunn as the worst management appointment at Carrow Road in years.[/quote]

My word you do have a very selective memory!!

Clark may not have actually got Huddersfield up but they had three seasons under him being leading promotion contenders. If he was THAT bad, the whole thing would have fallen apart  big time. It didn''t!

[/quote]You or I, or even seom of the real lunatics on here could get Huddersfield in the League 1 play-offs.Cheap and very poor option, that''s my opinion.Many more better options out there.

I fear ''cheap'' will be the option once again.Lambert was ''cheap'' but they got lucky with him.

Yes Lambert certainly was not the cheap option when we first took him on. He should have been rewarded with a better contract by now however. Lee Clark currently has no job as he was unable to deliver success at one of the richest clubs in League 1 for over 3 years. We will be getting compensation if Lambert does go and should be spending every penny of this and more in recruiting a new management team unless we would like all of the hard work that has gone in over the last 3 seasons to be undone in next to no time.

[quote user="Lammy"]I did post a list of possibles earlier today Herman (on the initial Chris Hughton post by CUSDP).

I guess that I would have a shortlist of 5.

Martinez if we can possibly upset the apple cart with his renewed talks with Wigan would be my number one choice.

Others on the shortlist would be Brian McDermott, Nigel Adkins, Gus Poyet, Neil Lennon, Paulo Di Canio and Eddie Howe.

Di Matteo would go to very near the top of the list if Chelsea don''t appoint him soon and he has no better offers on the table, although we can''t hang around if Lambert has gone as we the sooner we know who our manager is for next season the better.

We then have Culverhouse if he does not want to go with his gaffer and Malky who I would take over Clark and Hughton too.

I might also be tempted to look at one or two other bright prospects, such as Gary Smith (Stevenage) too.
[/quote]

Too many threads,i missed the earlier one.

Not a bad list with Poyet my first choice amongst them.Di Canio is a bit of a loose cannon and would probably spend most of his time in the stands.Lennon i am not too sure on though as all he has done is romp a one-horse league.

Interesting choice of Gary Smith.I know he took on another mans team,but he kept them focused and got them to a brilliant position.

[quote user="Lammy"]Yes Lambert certainly was not the cheap option when we first took him on. He should have been rewarded with a better contract by now however. Lee Clark currently has no job as he was unable to deliver success at one of the richest clubs in League 1 for over 3 years.

We will be getting compensation if Lambert does go and should be spending every penny of this and more in recruiting a new management team unless we would like all of the hard work that has gone in over the last 3 seasons to be undone in next to no time.
[/quote]

Now I do agree with that strategy Lammy. Gone are the days (IMO) when we simply look for the cheap option. Equally though names like Benitez and the like are just plain stupidity. If it takes £2M+ to get a Chris Hughton or Gus Poyet then (if that is McNally''s choice) that is exactly what we will have to do.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Shit up you fool. Lambert wasnt the cheap option, he was McNally''s only option, nothing lucky about it.[/quote]He was cheap.... and McNally had no idea he would be such a success any more than the rest of us.Let''s not drift into the realms of fantasy about it.... it was luck.

[quote user="Herman "]

[quote user="Lammy"]I did post a list of possibles earlier today Herman (on the initial Chris Hughton post by CUSDP).I guess that I would have a shortlist of 5.Martinez if we can possibly upset the apple cart with his renewed talks with Wigan would be my number one choice.Others on the shortlist would be Brian McDermott, Nigel Adkins, Gus Poyet, Neil Lennon, Paulo Di Canio and Eddie Howe.Di Matteo would go to very near the top of the list if Chelsea don''t appoint him soon and he has no better offers on the table, although we can''t hang around if Lambert has gone as we the sooner we know who our manager is for next season the better.We then have Culverhouse if he does not want to go with his gaffer and Malky who I would take over Clark and Hughton too.I might also be tempted to look at one or two other bright prospects, such as Gary Smith (Stevenage) too.[/quote]

Too many threads,i missed the earlier one.

Not a bad list with Poyet my first choice amongst them.Di Canio is a bit of a loose cannon and would probably spend most of his time in the stands.Lennon i am not too sure on though as all he has done is romp a one-horse league.

Interesting choice of Gary Smith.I know he took on another mans team,but he kept them focused and got them to a brilliant position.

[/quote]I am mildly confident that we have yet to see the best from him yet, but his Stevenage side did stand up to playing Tottenham twice this year under his stewardship. A big gamble and he probably needs to prove himself elsewhere. It is more his potential contacts I would be interested in, as he started off in coaching by setting up an academy for Arsenal at Colarado Rapids prior to being made their first team manger and winning the MLS Cup prior to things going slightly pear shaped. This probably came abouts after through Smith working for Tony Adams at Wycombe. Therefore I am assuming that he would have Premier League, MLS and lower football league contacts that could be taken advantage of should he have half the eye for a talented player that Lambert did.

Not sure there is any shame in coming second best to the likes of Leeds Norwich charlton Southampton Sheffield wed Sheffield utd Brighton. Hardly a list of small poorly funded clubs.

He would be my top choice. Young hungry. He knows the leagues we can shop in but knows the premier league from his time as a player.

[quote user="Green Grimlock"]Not sure there is any shame in coming second best to the likes of Leeds Norwich charlton Southampton Sheffield wed Sheffield utd Brighton. Hardly a list of small poorly funded clubs.

He would be my top choice. Young hungry. He knows the leagues we can shop in but knows the premier league from his time as a player.[/quote]Oh, so if we were to appoint Clark and then finish behind West Ham, Southampton, Reading, Swansea, Wigan, WBA, QPR, Villa next season and are relegated I will assume you will be happy because there is no shame in NCFC finishing behind these clubs under Clark?No shame in that I suppose.