Sign in to follow this  
norfolkchance1

Next Manager odds

because it''s all been speculation, we haven''t got a space to fill yet.

Hughton is early leader based on the Sun report.

If Lambert does leave, expect the same villa/liverpool scenario for us.

How often is a manager appointed almost immediately after the previous one has left?

Should Lambert leave - odds according to William Hill to be his replacement are as follows...

Chris Hughton - 5/4

Steve Bruce - 7/2

Malky Mackay - 4/1

Alan Curbishley - 10/1

Ian Culverhouse - 10/1

Gus Poyet - 11/1

Roberto Martinez - 11/1

Lee Clark - 11/1

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - 12/1

Gianfranco Zola - 14/1

Ian Holloway - 14/1

Mick McCarthy - 16/1

Rafa Benitez - 20/1

Roy Keane - 25/1

Paolo Di Canio - 25/1

Alan Shearer - 25/1

Gary Megson - 25/1

Karl Robinson - 25/1

Ray WIlkins - 25/1

Kevin Bond - 25/1

Mike Phelan - 25/1

Nigel Worthington - 25/1

Owen Coyle - 25/1

Glenn Hoddle - 33/1

Gordon Strachan - 33/1

Ian Crook - 33/1

Tim Sherwood - 33/1

I hope McNally has a big stick and I also hope he still wouldn''t touch half of those names with it.

Lee Clarke for me, very similar to Lambert, young hungry and very involved with the players and a good man motivator - he was the only good thing about the Roeder era,  perhaps just lacking experience though

Why Chris Hughton? I literally don''t understand that one?

For me it has to be Malkay or Lee Clark. Surely?!

[quote user="lincoln canary"]If Lambert did go which he wont, OGS would be a great appointment aswell as softening the blow by giving a little bit of satisfaction the fact he rejected Villa.[/quote]

But he has gone - why do you refuse to believe the inevitable?  

I''d say Roeder should be given another go. He''s got unfinished business here and would soon show big time charlies like Holt who is boss. What''s more we don''t have to waste money and time interviewing him as we know him already. Lambert won''t want him at Villa and his appointment would be a real statement of intent by our Board.

[quote user="Jonzey"]

[/quote]

A few people saying Lee Clark. Does it not worry you at all that one of the worst recent times at city was during his time here as number 2 to rodent. Now I appricate that rodent was the boss but a good assistant has alot of imput, as everyone is saying about culverhouse at the moment. Either he was not a good assistant or he did have influence during that period and under both senario''s should be ruled out of any comeback?

I hear Clark and roeder had completely different roles. Clarke was a lot more involved with the players, Roeder refused to speak to most of the players. He was here during our dark time but i doubt anyone influences Roeder too much, he is one stubborn git. Not excited by the prospect of Malky, plays boring football.

I imagine a similar scenario to last time, taking a successful football league manager. Poyet or Hughton spring to mind.Mackay also seems ideal, but I would hate for another club legends legacy to be tarnished.

On Radio Norfolk this morning, Worthington sounded very keen about being considered for the job when asked by the presenter.

I personally would love to keep Culverhouse, and bring in somebody to work with him if he wants to stay as an assistant.

Maybe a Malky/Culverhouse pairing would work well, can''t see anybody else having their back room staff dictated to them?

[quote user="I.S."]I personally would love to keep Culverhouse, and bring in somebody to work with him if he wants to stay as an assistant.

Maybe a Malky/Culverhouse pairing would work well, can''t see anybody else having their back room staff dictated to them?[/quote]YES. Think he''s played a massive part in us getting to the Prem and hope he has enough love for us to stay

Having looked at that list, very surprised by some of the names that could be available. Mick McCarthy, DiMatteo, Martinez, Holloway, Curbishley, Hughton all very good shouts and strong candidates. Would be happy with any of these, especially Holloway for the entertainment - it is only a game after all.

[quote user="Jonzey"]

[/quote]Are you serious? Clark couldn''t get a team with Pilkington, Smithies and Rhodes in it promoted from League One and Malky is okay but thats it. Hughton has a much better pedigree and I''d love him here.