Sign in to follow this  
Billabong

Ian Culverhouse

I don''t think we should underestimate I.C''s part in the rise of PL. If anything compared to PL - Ian Culverhouse seems to have the personality, the charisma, the intelligence and the knowledge, he is also the one who targets potential players.

Should PL leave............................... Come on down Ian Culverhouse!

Yeah, he''d be my first choice too. Seems very involved in tactics during the game and find ing new players as well as running the training.

I''ve been mulling that one for some time.

We cannot possibly deduce the degree of IC''s involvement in our success during the last three seasons. Some nearer the coal-face could. If Culverhouse is promoted then I will be happy because it will indicate that a measured judgement has been made based upon knowledge of the true impact that he has made.

They work as a team, Lambert will not leave without his 2 righthand men in Culverhouse and Karsa.  I know a certain someone very much in the know who actually questions what Lambert does at the club as Culverhouse leads training, picks the team, makes substitutions, etc., etc...

I would give him the job. But Mcnally knows best so hopefully he has seen he is or is not up to it.

Form what I''ve seen over the past three years, it''s largely down to the backroom staff to where we are now. Lambert has a knack of pulling off good tactical changes as require to win games. Hopefully Culverhouse has learned from Lambert and would be my first choice to jump into the managers shoes.

Like the old Anfield glory days, promote from within!

As I said above, I will be happy if Culverhouse (and Karsa) are chosen because it will be an informed choice and most certainly neither a desperate measure (Gunn) or a case of taking the cheap option (Deehan, Walker.) The last two routes can be hit or miss, as we have found out in the past.

Without "official" confirmation of Lambo''s resignation, this groundswell of support for IC is nevertheless encouraging to me. A crumb of comfort if you like.

Culverhouse would be my first choice...followed by Curbishley and Hughton.I think Malky would be a disaster.This is all assuming the reports of PL''s resignation being true.

Well spoken Billabong - I have said it many times before, both Culverhouse and Gary Karsa are a bigger part of what happened at NCFC than Lambert - and I would personally hope that the job of manager and assistant stay with them. Lambert would be nothing without these two by his side.

We all said the same about Deehan being the ''brains'' behind Walker in that partnership. Look what happened when Deehan was promoted.

Good No 2''s very rarely make it as the ''gaffer'' - that requires a completely different mentality. Culverhouse as ''manager''? Er - sorry, not for me.  

Culverhouse is the obvious candidate all day long. He is continuity for the players he understands what players we want to bring in and why and he is the brains of the outfit. No need to go external sign him up today!

Will he stay without Lambert though?

No no and no again. Assistants rarely step up successfully as they have a different relationship with the players than the manager, and don''t let''s hark back to Mike Walker for an exception. Also, we need ambition. If Lambert is gone, fine, as long as we show real determination to get another strong manager in his place. Youngish but proven.

And no, Lee Clark is not proven, and please no references to Mark Robins, Iwan Roberts or Jamie Cureton. Leave sentiment at the door and let''s get a top man in.

IF all this is how it seems AND Culverhouse decides to stay IF he is offered the job, would you be happy with that?

I''ve heard rumours that he is the tactician and PL is the motivator and have seen with my own eyes (whilst spending 45mins in the tunnel at an away game) that IC gives all the orders, the one to one and team chats, while PL was out on the pitch taking to the home team officials and only comes in last minute to take to the lads.

Culverhouse next manager anyone? (that''s IF he doesn''t go with PL).

But do we definitely know that or are we all just assuming that? Being a prem manager over a prem no''2 is a big pull.

Also...the don''t muck about do they?

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/norwich-specials/next-permanent-manager

Lee Clark may not be proven but then again Paul Lambert wasn''t proven when he came to us.

[quote user="AJ"]Will he stay without Lambert though?[/quote]

Hes only been with Lambert since he joined him at ColU 4 years ago so he might break away and fancy the Norwich job, who knows?

Villa manager may be a step up for Lambert which he feels he cannot turn down. Norwich manager may be a step up Culverhouse feels he cannot turn down.If Villa only got half the package it may be interesting and give us important stability and continuety

[quote user="Matt Juler"]They work as a team, Lambert will not leave without his 2 righthand men in Culverhouse and Karsa.  I know a certain someone very much in the know who actually questions what Lambert does at the club as Culverhouse leads training, picks the team, makes substitutions, etc., etc...[/quote]

Spot on, if he goes they will go too, he took the guys from Wycombe to us, Culverhouse does much of his work whilst he goes back to Scotland to be with his family, he will probably take a few players as well given half a chance.

Lambert wouldn''t leave if he knew Culverhouse wasn''t prepared to come with him. If Culverhouse changed his mind and stayed, Lambert would be lost. I''m sure he was party to the meeting(s) that Lambert has clearly had with Villa over the last few weeks.

Culverhouse is not City born and bred and will have no career loyalty to NCFC.He will know of the constraints placed on PL during his tenure as manager and will follow PL if he''s got any sense.

Perhaps Culverhouse is fed up with Lambert getting all of the credit and he might earn more managing Norwich than being an assistant at Villa?

[quote user="tom cavendish"]Perhaps Culverhouse is fed up with Lambert getting all of the credit and he might earn more managing Norwich than being an assistant at Villa?[/quote]He loves it as it is, he''s not one for the limelight, he''d hate doing the press, so the partnership works a treat.