Sign in to follow this  
spm2866

my time is up here

Sky Sports News reporter outside Carrow Road this morning states:

Paul Lambert told him privately 10 days ago that his time was up at Norwich!

This whole drawn out mess should have been dealt with much better because as it is, leave''s a bad taste in the mouth and leave''s us the fans thinking are we heading backwards with the so called "business like club" we have now. Something has gone wrong, personally when the first story broke about Aston Villa wanting Lambert some months ago i think he was then "tapped up" and the whole OGS meeting was a smoke screen into getting Lambert to Villa.

The board obviously got wind of Lambert being unsettled and pulled the financial reins in to cover themselves but had to look as though they wanted to keep Lambert because us the fans would have been savage towards them. The board were stuck between a rock and a hard place and its they who have been let down quite badly on this occasion. Lambert is the winner either way but as a man of so called integrity it certainly does not show on this occasion.

Mr Lambert you have tarnished the special affinity you had with us the supporters but we do thank you for your work done here just not your poor behaviour.

City till i die 1966- 

Seriously.. you think OGS was a cover? I''ve said this before, you I think it''s the most absurdly ridiculous suggestion I think I''ve ever heard of on these forums.1) Why would Randy Lerner go after a random manager like OGS for the job as a cover up when there are so many credible managers that could have provided an easy cover up.2) Why would he spend 10''s of thousands of pounds sending his private jet to Norway to pick up OGS and bring him over.3) Why would OGS be led to believe the job wasn''t for him because he didn''t want to up root his family. Just how would you persuade a guy to think that the job was there if you want it but then get him to turn it down due to family commitments? Hypnosis? Or was OGS in on the cover up too?4) If PL was tapped up would he really have agreed to a ''cover up'' which makes him look like the 3rd best choice at best?5) Was Martinez''s talks with AVFC last season all part of the cover up too?Honestly, think about the facts before making nonsense accusations.

This is a man heading for the top of the game. Ideally I would have liked another year but I can fully understand why he wants to move on. Lets never ever forget what the man did for us.

History will describe him as the best manager we ever had.

Good luck Paul I will watch your career with interest

[quote user="ting tong"]

This is a man heading for the top of the game. Ideally I would have liked another year but I can fully understand why he wants to move on. Lets never ever forget what the man did for us.

History will describe him as the best manager we ever had.

Good luck Paul I will watch your career with interest

[/quote]

While I agree with some of this, I am bemused he has chosen Villa, I''d have thought he would want more of a step up.

I think there was an article in the Times or Guardian when this saga first started, saying Lambert felt he''d taken City as far as he could and 12th in the Prem would be hard to beat.  If so - and that looks more plausible to me now than it did then - I''d rather he left now while there is plenty of scope for a successor to mould the team to do well in the Prem next year.

Also I can''t help remembering that when Martin O''Neill went to Villa, everyone was tipping him for the top and expecting (fearing in my case) that he''d take over at Man U after Ferguson left.  Which is starting to look realistic again, but his time at Villa certainly dented his career progression !

I (don''t really) think that PL will go on to manage Celtic and Sunderland so he can be a carbon copy of Martin O''Neill (Wycombe, Norwich, Villa - he even dresses like him...he clearly confused the blue of Leicester for the blue and white of Colchester though)

Re: Sky journoDoesn''t say much for the man''s integrity if he chooses to disclose such a potentially explosive piece of information to a journalist that works for one of the industry''s most notorious stirrers… whilst saying ''how much he loves it here and has never asked to leave'' to the people that truly thought the world of him.And for that reason I hope he falls flat on his face.Bitter… yup!

[quote user="spm2866"]Paul Lambert told him privately 10 days ago that his time was up at Norwich![/quote]Ah well, it makes a refreshing change from having to sack them, doesn''t it?

What sort of sh!t journalist gets told that 11 days ago and doesn''t write a story on it?.. It never happened.

Can''t believe for a minute that a Sky journo would learn this, and sit on it. But if true, fairly shocking and shows that Lambert really never felt any major connection to the club and the area.

That''s football for you, doesn''t mean we have to like it though does it?

If this is the same journa i was watching on sky sports news yesterday at carrow rd i would ignore everything he said. Yesterday he kept making reference to hsi special meeting with one of the city players then he seemed to also know everyone close to lambert, i think he''s talking balls personally and he broke the news about the club wanting to cash in on Howson and holt

Back off AndyCanary we all have opinions and we are allowed to air them without receiving abuse back!

You like the rest of us are disappointed with whats happened but to attack each does not bode well does it?

Also there is such a thing as speculate to acumulate so my opinion may hold water!

City till i die 1966

AndyCanary i heard it as clear as day and i''m sure many others did also so please stop being so anti!

City til i die 1966-

[quote user="AndyCanary"]What sort of sh!t journalist gets told that 11 days ago and doesn''t write a story on it?.. It never happened.[/quote]

My thoughts exactly

Lambert has known he was off for quite some time ,the thank you and good luck at the end of the season said as much .