Sign in to follow this  
Martin Bryant

oooOoooOoO Neil Lennons name in the hat

Lets not forget Holt has been at Norwich since before Lambert.   He has never stayed at a club more than a couple of seasons before and is a well travelled player.  Norwich is not his natural place to be - he has said he would prefer to move back North at some stage.  Villa is well on the way to his home in Cumbria and would fit in with the way things have gone.   However, if he stays - and I hope he does - he will score more goals. He has had his learning experience in the premiership - I expect him to do even better next season.  Who knows, with a manager who plays him more than PL did and with an attacking line up every week, he might score a hatfull next season.  

Firstly we''re being a little arrogant to think that Lennon would come here. Don''t get me wrong, I''m the first to say that the SPL is a rubbish league, but in its own bubble Celtic is the place to be, especially for someone like Lennon.He''s just at the start of a crest of a wave there, and leaping off that wave for a real challenge here I don''t think would be attractive.Secondly Lennons managerial experiences is to have only 1 tough opponent a season (Rangers).. Norwich will have a tougher opponent than Rangers every single week. Thirdly if we didn''t have Celtic connections would he even be considered? I don''t think so. It''s the same as the MM and SB situation. Please let''s leave romance out of this.

Ok this is unlikely to happen, but if we were to appoint Neil Lennon as Lamberts replacement, before Lambert was signed up by Villa, could Lambert be tempted to go to Celtic instead. I know that he has previously said that he wasn''t interested in going back to Scotland, but he has said a lot of things recently.............. and it would serve Villa right.

Ifs, buts and maybe phone a friend? Who knows and who cares. All that matters is who will be manager. Lambert no longer wants to be with us so let''s find the new man and move on.

[quote user="LA.CANARY"]Neil Lennon F*** right O** the little S**t is a thug..

Sorry have got to lie down now....[/quote]Enough asterisks there to make me think I agree with you.   [:)]

Neil Lennon plus Dennis Wise as his number 2 - the technical area entertainment would be a fantastic sideshow to entertain us while we watch our team being relegated.Problem is that the McNasty connection makes Lennon a possibility - OMG!

Like Lambert was going to be a bad choice for the majority of know nothing idiots when he was appointed.I guarantee that if McNally''s man is Lennon then we will not be getting relegated this coming season.

I can''t see why he''s in the frame. Can anyone shed any light on why he''s being linked, it''s ridiculous.

Maybe we''re trying to outdo Ipswich by hiring a thug worse than Roy Keane a few seasons back?!

If McNally makes the right appointment this time for the NCFC managerial vacancy, I will regard him as a genius. You could consider that there was an element of luck in selecting Lambert, but if he does it again then he is The Messiah.

I''m sure someone will start an entire new thread to say this but SSN are reporting that Celtic have announced they will deny Norwich permission to talk to Lennon.

No McNally just knows his football, unlike the majority of posters on this messageboard.

I am confident he will pick someone who I believe can do a good job for us again.Lennon is in the frame because he is a decent young manager who played international football and was also successful in the Prmier League and Europe. He is a decent motivator with excellent man management skills and a born leader (much like Lambert himself). Lennon would also be on a contract that would not be too difficult for us to prise him out of I should imagine as Celtic receive the income of a high end Championship team at best.  Yes he has not faced a significant challenge yet managing one of the big two in Scotland, but I am sure that being an ambitious young man he would jump at the opportunity of the chance to Manage an EPL team.Enough reasons there as to why he would possibly be on McNally''s shortlist for you?

Have to say I''m a little disappointed with some of the comments made about Neil.

First things first, he''s a young manager who''s handled himself magnificently in such a large job. If you care to take a look at his signings during his tenure you''ll see a significant success rate. He has built a very young team - on average aged 23, who have little experience and moulded them into champions. He also has great experience working under tight financial constraints:

Adam Matthews - free. Excellent young player who has become a mainstay in the first team.

Kelvin Wilson - free. Decent enough, not great. Forgiveable on a free transfer.

Fraser Forster - loan. Has become a much better keeper during his time at Celtic, another young talent.

Joe Ledley - free. Quite possibly our player of the year. Unbelievable free transfer, and one of our key asset.

Charlie Mulgrew - free. Everyone had serious reservations about signing Charlie back, but he has gone on to win POTY and has made the centre back position his own. Has to be remembered here that he was a LB before he signed for us, but Neil obviously sussed something we didn''t.

Gary Hooper - £2m. Gary''s ability speaks for itself. He''s worth far more than his paid price now.

Emilio Izaguirre - £650k. Again, another inspired signing who''d be able to step up to a much bigger platform. POTY last year, a bit unlucky with injuries this year. Wasn''t all that long ago he had interest from Man Utd.

Beram Kayal - £1.5m. Another top player linked with a big money move to bigger clubs. Key player for us now.

Kris Commons - free. Scores goals! Good option to have in the squad, and excellent value on a free.

Daniel Majstorovic - free. A little inconsistent at times, but provided much needed experience to the younger lads and was on the whole a solid big defender.

Then take into consideration the younger players he has blooded this season. James Forrest has been a revelation. Dylan McGeough came on during his debut and scored a wonder goal. Looks a real talent. Tony Watt came on during his debut and scored twice. Another one who looks like a real gem.

I''d then comment on Neil being a ''thug''... at what point in has Neil Lennon been a thug? Can you point me to how many times he was red carded as a player? He''s certainly a fiery, passionate guy but he''s portrayed horribly. During his short stint as being a manager, the guy has been sent bombs in the mail, sent death threats, had his property vandalised and been assaulted publicly. He has came through the whole process with sheer dignity and determination. Plenty of men would have walked away.

Put poignantly, Neil Lennon has his managerial flaws like any other. But he is an excellent man manager, has a great eye for raw talent and brings a siege mentality with him wherever he goes. There is absolutely no way he''ll be leaving Celtic though, and that''s not in any manner intended as a sleight on Norwich City.

RANT OVER! :P

lol Morty, read the first page of this thread now it''s been merged by Pete.

You look like a nutter who''s hearing random songs! :)

[quote user="PaddyMcCourt"]Have to say I''m a little disappointed with some of the comments made about Neil. First things first, he''s a young manager who''s handled himself magnificently in such a large job. If you care to take a look at his signings during his tenure you''ll see a significant success rate. He has built a very young team - on average aged 23, who have little experience and moulded them into champions. He also has great experience working under tight financial constraints: Adam Matthews - free. Excellent young player who has become a mainstay in the first team. Kelvin Wilson - free. Decent enough, not great. Forgiveable on a free transfer. Fraser Forster - loan. Has become a much better keeper during his time at Celtic, another young talent. Joe Ledley - free. Quite possibly our player of the year. Unbelievable free transfer, and one of our key asset. Charlie Mulgrew - free. Everyone had serious reservations about signing Charlie back, but he has gone on to win POTY and has made the centre back position his own. Has to be remembered here that he was a LB before he signed for us, but Neil obviously sussed something we didn''t. Gary Hooper - £2m. Gary''s ability speaks for itself. He''s worth far more than his paid price now. Emilio Izaguirre - £650k. Again, another inspired signing who''d be able to step up to a much bigger platform. POTY last year, a bit unlucky with injuries this year. Wasn''t all that long ago he had interest from Man Utd. Beram Kayal - £1.5m. Another top player linked with a big money move to bigger clubs. Key player for us now. Kris Commons - free. Scores goals! Good option to have in the squad, and excellent value on a free. Daniel Majstorovic - free. A little inconsistent at times, but provided much needed experience to the younger lads and was on the whole a solid big defender. Then take into consideration the younger players he has blooded this season. James Forrest has been a revelation. Dylan McGeough came on during his debut and scored a wonder goal. Looks a real talent. Tony Watt came on during his debut and scored twice. Another one who looks like a real gem. I''d then comment on Neil being a ''thug''... at what point in has Neil Lennon been a thug? Can you point me to how many times he was red carded as a player? He''s certainly a fiery, passionate guy but he''s portrayed horribly. During his short stint as being a manager, the guy has been sent bombs in the mail, sent death threats, had his property vandalised and been assaulted publicly. He has came through the whole process with sheer dignity and determination. Plenty of men would have walked away. Put poignantly, Neil Lennon has his managerial flaws like any other. But he is an excellent man manager, has a great eye for raw talent and brings a siege mentality with him wherever he goes. There is absolutely no way he''ll be leaving Celtic though, and that''s not in any manner intended as a sleight on Norwich City. RANT OVER! :P[/quote]

With respect Paddy, I could have managed Celtic to the SPL title this year after the Rangers debacle. But I take your point that he has built a decent side from a tiny budget, much like Lambert.

But the man is clearly unhinged, he looked ready to kill McCoist when they squared up on the touchline, over not much. And he doesn''t have experience yet managing in the English League, which to be honest is a far more difficult task than the Scottish League. I believe to earn the right to manage in the EPL you have to work your way up through the ranks either in the lower English Leagues, or in a similarly decent league to the EPL abroad.