Sign in to follow this  
Devils Advocate.

Why not Malky........

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

If Malky had never played for City and your only knowledge of him was his time at Watford and Cardiff may i suggest that most people would be horrified if he was appointed as our next manager.

[/quote]in a nutshell,plus a little tooo much hooooof!

When Norwich were beaten by Watford 3-2 did anyone see Watford ''hoooof'' one ball? Nope, they played us off the park, on the ground.

I would also suggest people look at the Opta Stats for which Premier League team played the most long balls last year...

Great post bethnal, no one seems to be looking at Malky in a serious football light. Personally, I''m not sure he is the best appointment we could possibly make, but is certainly not a bad one based on the last two seasons. When Gunn was appointed there were many saying it was a good idea having someone associated and cares about the club in charge. Because that failed so spectacularly it now seems to be the main thing going against the guy with no account for how his team plays or what hes achieved.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

When Norwich were beaten by Watford 3-2 did anyone see Watford ''hoooof'' one ball? Nope, they played us off the park, on the ground.

I would also suggest people look at the Opta Stats for which Premier League team played the most long balls last year...

[/quote]

Excatly, you just beat me to it. We aint no swansea ourselves. Who''s to say that given the personel available to him that a direct game was likely to yeald the best results for the club. Playoff''s and a Carling Cup final with an average Cardiff squad is a great season in my opinion and will move to a lower premiership club sooner or later, has nothing to do with being an ex-player for me I just see him as a young up and coming manager, one of the brightest prospects outside the premiership.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[/quote]
I actually did! In numerical order
Norwich 75 long balls per game
Spurs 71
Wolves 69
Stoke & Bolton 68
Blackburn, Liverpool, Newcastle & QPR 67
Wigan & Man utd. 66
Swansea & Everton 65
Villa & Fulham 63
Chelsea 61
West Brom 58
Arsenal & Man City 51
Also, this is what a Cardiff fan said about Malky''s style of football:
''on the pitch, the players are committed and skilful whilst, seemingly, incredibly fit and the football has been scintillating at times.''
But of Course he''s still a long ball coach.

When Gunn was appointed there were many saying it was a good idea having someone associated and cares about the club in charge.

Gunn was a terrible choice,

My biggest concern about Mackay would be his lack of experience. 3 years in management is nothing. We are a Premier League team right now, not bottom of League One.

On the plus side, I always thought he would make a decent manager one day.

why is everyone rubbishing his achievements at watford and Cardiff?

Watford were red hot favorites to be propping up the league all season, he came to CR on first game of the season and team played some mighty fine stuff and made us look stupid! Guided them to a solid 14th. Hence why Cardiff targeted him.

Cardiff, after a Dave Jones spell where they splashed the money around and failed to gain promotion, he had to rebuild the team on a fraction of what Dave Jones and still managed to equal his achievement of making the play offs and only beaten by West Ham, by far the best team on paper in the league.

But don''t let any of that get in the way of wanting to have a goold ol Norfolk moan.