Sign in to follow this  
Campbell

Paul Ifill

The Millwall winger...

Great pace, good technically, good athlete, tall, fairly young...could be our ''Huckerby'' type but on the right.

Thoughts? Millwall are desperate for cash and I think we could entice him.

would be a great signing.....

...... again....... if only........

millwall are certainly going to need the cash. new owner coming in maybe looking to sell players. I think that be a very good pickup.

Sorry. He''s far too young and not from Scandanavia. This would not be a good signing for Worthy.

Ritchie Partridge? £350k from Liverpool, is like a Huckerby, but plays on the right. We''ve already been linked with him.

Also, we''ve been linked with Kris Commons in the News of the World, along with Rangers.

So, if these rumours are true, we could see a midfield of Partridge, Commons, Francis/Safri, Huckerby next season.

still missing that ball winner though. I would say it was ifill or commons or partridge, with hucks on the flanks, francis(hopefully) and a ball winner.

who would you prefer out of partridge/ifill or commons. or someone else?

[quote]Ritchie Partridge? £350k from Liverpool, is like a Huckerby, but plays on the right. We''ve already been linked with him. Also, we''ve been linked with Kris Commons in the News of the World, along with...[/quote]

Paul Ifill is streets ahead of Richie Partridge and Kris Commons. Ifill can play up front too of course.

I''d much rather see a midfield of:

Huckerby  Safri  Francis  Ifill

If we had that midfield, we''d have a genuine creativity and goal scoring threat from the entire midfield, as well as great pace out wide.

Millwall turned down a bid on deadline day from another Championship club...I really hope he''s the man we go for on the right.

Definately Ifill! My brother is a millwall fan and he really rates him. He has been injured alot this yr and me bro believes had he of been fit they would be in the play off''s.

I remember when they thrashed us 4-0 (im still regularly reminded!) he ran us ragged and scored a pearler,i would definately welcome him! Millwall have reportadly rejected a recent bid for him my guess is we will have to pay atleast £1m. I dont think they are mega skint.

It really would please me to nab him off of them to rub in my bro''s face!! Also ....they have a good centre half-Darren Ward.He is a perfect partner for Shacks and is no nonsense definately better than Flem who i believe has to go nxt yr!

OTBC

CUSDP

Gary Doherty is better and younger than Darren Ward, he should start next season. Ifill would be perfect for us; Ward isn''t needed.

I''m sure we could afford another structured deal for Ifill like we did for Ashton...

Something like £750k straight up, £500k if we go up, £250k on goals.

Yeah, i think Ifill would be a wise signing. The other big plus with Ifill is that he is 6ft whilst Partridge and Commons are 5 7". Worthy was going on about how size matters in the premiership and how 6ft + players are the way forward, and how he had briefed the academy staff to look out for the big lads.

Darren Ward is only 26 and definately looks better than the Doc. If we want to mount a charge next yr we cant start him, look at how slow malky was last yr, Doherty is slower than him!!

For me it has to be Ward or maybe even Gabbidon but Ifill would be my preference!

Anyone thought about Crewe''s David Vaughan? He''s spent most of this season linking up with Ashton for goal after goal. Plays predominantly on the left, but also in the middle, would be great alongside Franny and could replace Hucks should he leave.

Could be slightly costy thought.