Sign in to follow this  
Browno

Sky Sports understands Norwich City have enquired about Cardiff City manager Malky Mackay

Sky Sports understands #Norwich City have enquired about #Cardiff City manager Malky #Mackay http://bit.ly/K1RbL4 #NCFC #CCFC

yeah with you there andy, not particuarly thrilled by this if i''m honest...

Malky will always be a club legend but this ranks as a Gunn appointment for me!

Sky Sports say a lot of things.They stir stuff up to create their own news and justify your subscription fee.

Two successful years in the Championship, a Cup Final and rebuilt two clubs in danger of slipping down the League. It''s hard to know how I would feel about this if it wasn''t for the Norwich connection, but on merit he seems one of the best managers in the Championship this year. Prefer him over Houghton to be honest.

[quote user="Chris Brown"]Sky Sports understands #Norwich City have enquired about #Cardiff City manager Malky #Mackay http://bit.ly/K1RbL4 #NCFC #CCFC
[/quote]Skylies !

There`s going to be loads of this. Wonder how we will approach this, will we be drawing up a list of potential candidates and interview them, or will we, as I hope, have decided on our man and go straight for him, paying compensations as necessary.

No thanks to Malky.Wrong style of play. Would rather see Lennon or Worthington.Still Karl Robinson or Mark Robbins with Culverhouse staying as no.2 for me.I really hope Lambert ends up having to have Peter Grant as his number 2 at Villa!

That Sky sports numpty is outside Carrow road again, and I swear he is reading this message board and just repeating things off it!

I wouldn''t object to a Malky and Culverhouse duo - Malky with his links and history with NCFC and the respect he will get from being a successful player, Culverhouse likewise but with his excellent tactical knowledge.Still, we can dream [;)]

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]yeah with you there andy, not particuarly thrilled by this if i''m honest...

Malky will always be a club legend but this ranks as a Gunn appointment for me![/quote]how so? Gunn had no managerial experience...Sky Sports "understood" Jimmy Floyd hasselbaink was our new manager once too.....

[quote user="Yellow Shirt"]No thanks to Malky.Wrong style of play. Would rather see Lennon or Worthington.Still Karl Robinson or Mark Robbins with Culverhouse staying as no.2 for me.I really hope Lambert ends up having to have Peter Grant as his number 2 at Villa![/quote]
In what way? it''s not the (factually) incorrect idea that he is a long ball manger is it?

Cardiff City''s media manager - "The club will NOT get involved in speculative lines in every instance but at this moment no approach has been made to for Malky"

[quote user="morty"]That Sky sports numpty is outside Carrow road again, and I swear he is reading this message board and just repeating things off it![/quote]Chuffing ground hog day

I like Malky as a person, especially for the dignified way he accepted his dismissal from the club, and yet continued to favour the Canaries. He would not be as personally ambitious as Lambert. He would be a popular figure among many supporters.

My doubts concern the way his teams play football, and also his lack of experience in the Premiership. He would not fail us. I justn wonder if he could take us higher.

Whoever we get, I will back 110%. If they club see fit to employ him, I see fit to support him.

Unless it''s Steve Bruce.

Gotta trust those at the club to get this right, whoever they choose will get my full support. We now enter another phase in ncfc history and and new season with new management and some new players. OTBC

I hope we aren''t chasing managers that haven''t exactly, ''done it'' at championship level?! None of the names being thrown about excite me at all.

[quote user="Salopian"]

I like Malky as a person, especially for the dignified way he accepted his dismissal from the club, and yet continued to favour the Canaries. He would not be as personally ambitious as Lambert. He would be a popular figure among many supporters.

My doubts concern the way his teams play football, and also his lack of experience in the Premiership. He would not fail us. I justn wonder if he could take us higher.

[/quote]
Malky is not a long ball manager.

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]yeah with you there andy, not particuarly thrilled by this if i''m honest... Malky will always be a club legend but this ranks as a Gunn appointment for me![/quote]

Poor comparison. Gunn had no experience in  management and took over a team in freefall. Malky did well by saving Watford from the drop, then took Cardiff to the League Cup Final, and the playoffs. Plus he''s a Norwich legend, a born leader and an intelligent guy on a major upward curve.

Why on Earth anyone else is even being considered is a mystery to me, especially Neil frigging Lennon......anybody? No? I can''t see it either!

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Two successful years in the Championship, a Cup Final and rebuilt two clubs in danger of slipping down the League. It''s hard to know how I would feel about this if it wasn''t for the Norwich connection, but on merit he seems one of the best managers in the Championship this year. Prefer him over Houghton to be honest.[/quote]

At last... Someone speaks some sense.

Don''t know why there''s so much apathy towards Malky given what a good job he''s done at two different clubs. In particular, a total rebuild job at Cardiff where he inherited less than half a dozen full time pros, gets them to a Cup Final and a play off final, yet some muppets think he''s only being considered due to being a former player.

He has the makings of a very good manager and looks better qualified than Lambo was when he took over.

I''m not necessarily saying we should appoint Malky but he deserves a lot more respect than is being shown.

[quote user="scrappy33"]Sorry but please not Malky. There really is no need for the ex city player thing.[/quote]
People aren''t just suggesting him because he''s an ex-City player, people are also suggesting him because he''s actually a good manager.

[quote user="87canary"]Whoever we get, I will back 110%. If they club see fit to employ him, I see fit to support him. Unless it''s Steve Bruce.[/quote]

Lol. Agreed.

Its the small time appointment everybody expects us to make , even binners fans who were predicting our downfall said wait till Lambert dumps them and they go get Makay back .There must be a better choice out there.

good manager, if he didn''t have such a connection with the club the i feel he would be more favored by fans, due to previous appointments.

If it is him he i have no doubt he will get 100% support from everyone.

Oh malky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!