Sign in to follow this  
Lionel Wessi

Who will Lambert poach

Apologies for the negative post and sorry if this has already been discussed but who do we think Lambert will take with him if the inevitable does happen.

I would be most worried about Howson, Pilkington and R. Bennet.

Hopefully we can get this all sorted and stabilise the club in time for next season

I''m not too worried on this score to be honest, as most of the better signings are on good contracts and will likely be in the 5mil plus bracket and I can''t see them wanting to pay that much in most cases.I don''t think anyone we have is irreplaceable, as long as we got a damn good deal in exchange for their services.

I''ve been thinking about this. I''m more worried about him poaching players than I am about him leaving. 
Imo McNally needs to go nuclear over this and ban Villa from signing anyone from us for 2 years - Col U did similar to us for 12 months I remember.

[quote user="Lionel Wessi"]

Apologies for the negative post and sorry if this has already been discussed but who do we think Lambert will take with him if the inevitable does happen.

I would be most worried about Howson, Pilkington and R. Bennet.

Hopefully we can get this all sorted and stabilise the club in time for next season

[/quote]

Can you imagine how much it would cost Villa to sign those three?

I don''t really see him taking any players. Will he want the affordable players coming to the end of their contracts??

Realistically, Holt may go with him, it''ll probably mean Snodgrass will not come to us and go to Villa.

Possibilites of ''Lambert'' players include R Martin, Tierney, Hoolahan, Fox.

I''d hope that we can keep hold of the rest or at least get a sizeable fee for them.

I really think this is an irrelevant point as the thinking is Lambert has some kind of control here.

He does not. He cannot poach anyone. Unless Villa start offering silly money for any of our start then NCFC will be under no pressure to sell. Even if the player hands in a transfer request. Unless the figure is 8 figures plus then Lambert will be poaching nobody.

The only way would be out of contract players, of which im not sure about, but for sure Holt, Hoolahan, Howson, Pilks and Benno are all on contract for the foreseeable future.

Why on earth would he leave City for Villa and then take lots of our players with him? He may as well stayed where he was.I think Howson is the one he would like to take but he can feck off.[:D]

[quote user="whoareyou"]Why on earth would he leave City for Villa and then take lots of our players with him? He may as well stayed where he was.

I think Howson is the one he would like to take but he can feck off.[:D]
[/quote]

I am doubtful that there is any truth in this but  - Michael Bailey: "SSN man Fraser Robertson just suggested PL was worried might cash in on Howson... Strange - but maybe explains that statement line?"

[quote user="alysha"]

[quote user="whoareyou"]Why on earth would he leave City for Villa and then take lots of our players with him? He may as well stayed where he was.I think Howson is the one he would like to take but he can feck off.[:D][/quote]

I am doubtful that there is any truth in this but  - Michael Bailey: "SSN man Fraser Robertson just suggested PL was worried might cash in on Howson... Strange - but maybe explains that statement line?"

[/quote]O i missed you had mentioned this before i put my post up

If Lambert had any respect for NCFC, he''d leave all of our players alone - I was actually quite angry when he did that to CUFC with Fox and Tierney.Start fresh at Villa if he''s going there rather than try and take half the club with him for the sake of a bigger budget

I''m sure a lot of what has been written above is technically, legally and financially correct. Indeed it will be in the spirit of the law too.

But, the fact is that it''s virtually impossible to force someone to work for you when he does not want to. As is being proven in the Lambert scenario.

So...what it all boils down to is whether the players mentioned want to continue playing for Norwich, or they wanto to be employed elsewhere . Villa Pk or wherever. It''s an uncomfortable fact that once a player has been tapped up and thus unsettled, he very rarely shows his best form again , so that''s why, despite a lot of bluster, in the end clubs tend to get shot of such staff PDQ.

[quote user="alysha"]

[quote user="whoareyou"]Why on earth would he leave City for Villa and then take lots of our players with him? He may as well stayed where he was.

I think Howson is the one he would like to take but he can feck off.[:D]
[/quote]

[/quote].........McNalley has already tweeted refuting that rumour, stating that there is absolutely no truth in that story. i think he will ( well i hope ) put a transfer embargo on players joining villa for at least a year.

Why would Holt go with Lambert, wasn''t the reason Holt handed in a transfer request that Lambert gave him a black eye? ;)

Villa fans are way above their station. Lambert would be burnt like toast in the McCleish way if he started signing non established premier league players. Dont also forget that 1/2 the Villa squad was injured for large parts of last season so he probably wont need to get them to much help lol

Thinking a bit more and the one I''d be really gutted to lose would be Naughton. Ok he may not sign for us anyway, but it would be a sickener for Lambert to take him to Villa.

I am sure that if Lambert comes back for any of our players, McNally will do his level best to screw Villa for as high a price as possible.

Sadly, I believe we will have worse news to come following Lambert''s departure. Never mind Holt I believe the first person he will return for will be Howson, closely followed by Bennett (Elliott) & Pilkington + possibly Ruddy! Never mind a fortunate inheritance as suggested by Rick Waghorn - see below*, any new Manager is going to have a huge rebuilding job to do, let''s be realistic.*"As has been said before, the Class of 2012-13 are already pretty much

assembled courtesy of Lambert’s shrewdness in the English transfer

market; whoever inherits the Canary hot-seat as he disappears up the A14

to Villa Park, will start from an enviable base in terms of young,

hungry players still yet to hit their Premier League prime.
"
There will be a desire from these individuals to reacquaint themselves with Lambert and like him there will be little we can do to stand in their way!Again we can only hold our breath!

Villla don''t have a pot to pi$$ in, How are they going to afford the fee those players would now command? They lost 54 million last season.

Painful as it may be, it is a realistic possibility that Villa would try and get 2 or 3 of our players.  The up side is that these players are now worth a heck of a lot more than when we bought them originally - so it is not all doom and gloom.   You have to be positive and  move forwards.   Any new manager we might get will also have afew ideas of players he wants to get - its all part of the merry go round.    The other positive is that our squad is strong and can stand one or two changes.     A new manager will be coming in to a very favourable situation.  With the right man at the helm - we could do even better next season!

[quote user="Derby Canary"]Sadly, I believe we will have worse news to come following Lambert''s departure. Never mind Holt I believe the first person he will return for will be Howson, closely followed by Bennett (Elliott) & Pilkington + possibly Ruddy! Never mind a fortunate inheritance as suggested by Rick Waghorn - see below*, any new Manager is going to have a huge rebuilding job to do, let''s be realistic.*"As has been said before, the Class of 2012-13 are already pretty much

assembled courtesy of Lambert’s shrewdness in the English transfer

market; whoever inherits the Canary hot-seat as he disappears up the A14

to Villa Park, will start from an enviable base in terms of young,

hungry players still yet to hit their Premier League prime.
"
There will be a desire from these individuals to reacquaint themselves with Lambert and like him there will be little we can do to stand in their way!Again we can only hold our breath![/quote]
All the players are on decent contracts, if they are sold, then we''ll get the correct price for them, we''re not just going to throw them at Lambert. He could come in for them, but we''ll get good prices to bring in replacements with.

Despite what you may have heard today, Jonny Howson is not for sale. No chance. None. Not for sale and never has been.

Don''t be so certain that there will be a mass exodus to Villa.

Lambert will take Holt, I suspect that he''ll also come in for either Rudd or Steer, and, at  a push, Russell Martin.

But some of our players might be glad he''s moved on-they might not all be enamoured of him, whilst still more might not really be bothered one way or the other-and are more interested in seeing who is coming in to replace him.

When Walker left for Everton everyone thought he''d return for a host of "his" players-but he didn''t, not one, he didn''t even take Dixie. I''m friends, through my work, with a player from that team, he was convinced MW would take him to Everton, not a word-I was even chatting to his wife a little while ago, she said "I thought Mike would take him to Everton". I guess Everton had a different agenda to Norwich at the time, so might Villa.

Football is cyclical, we''ve had a great three years, it could be that we are now going to slip down a bit again for a while, relegation a possibility next season and a few years drifting about the Champ until someone and something starts to build it all up again, who knows? The next few weeks and next season are going to be exciting, it could be, could be, that Lambo leaving is the best thing that could have happened to NCFC as well as Lambert-we''ll see-but we are in a position of strength and can prosper and go forward with the right man, its just a question of gettingn them and catching lightning in the jar a second consecutive time.

I doubt he''ll come back for any players, maybe Holt, maybe Russell Martin, but apart from that, I can''t see him after anyone else. 

Why would he want to fill his squad with player who finished 12th?  He may as well have stayed if he was gonna do that...

I doubt we''ll be selling anyone to Villa.

TBH, as far as I''m concerned Villa are welcome to a Holt who''s not committed to Norwich if they''re prepared to pay enough, but I''m sure - as McNally has already explicitly stated re Howson - that they don''t have enough cash to get close to our promising young players.

i cant imagine a situation where there wont be a clause saying lambert cant sign anyone from the club for at least a year.

the other option of course is that the club dont have to accept any bid for a contracted player.

These posts are starting to annoy me..Q:Why has Lambert gone to AVFC?A: Lambert doesn''t care about the history of the club, he''s gone there because of their RESOURCES.So please explain to me - WTF was the point in leaving Norwich if he''s just going to come and take all of the players he signed.. According to posters on here he''s basically going to take his whole squad to Villa, and the only reason he''s moved is because they gave him a pay rise and Birmingham has an airport with a quick link to Scotland. And lets stop all this nonsense about Villa. Lerner has bags of cash and their debt is owed to his company. Lambert isn''t stupid he''s not going to go there without assurances that he''ll have much more money to spend than what he had here.