Sign in to follow this  
SnakepitCanary

McNally on SSN after 1pm

Just at the end of the interview, McNally was asked about holt, was stating he is not for sale and what an impact he has had here, 3 player of seasons, goals, etc etc, kinda wondered if he was trying to push his price up. he then finished off by saying that the club Lambert is talking to, their budget could not even afford a replacement for holt. So either he''s saying Holt is irreplaceable, or basically Villa aren''t offering Lambert much of  a a player budget

Not necessarily wages. We may not have turned it down, but we don''t know there has been a disagreement at all. It could simply be that Lambert believes he will get more money at Villa, and that Villa will have more pulling power to attract players than we have. Just because we haven''t said Lambert can''t have money to go and buy someone doesn''t mean that other clubs haven''t got more money than us!

Great interview, he really sold the club in that interview. We don''t have a wage ceiling, we have never had financial trouble with signing the players Lambert wants, the club that Lambert is in talks with don''t have a big enough budget to sign Holt he said basically. I enjoyed that interview makes me confident in him and going forward.

[quote user="AndyCanary"]Said he''s not for sale.. time and time again.."If we were forced into a position that we had to sell him you''d be talking about a huge price".. This was after he went on a monologue talking about how great GH was with all his goals, player of season, captain etc!WOAH.[/quote]drumming up business, nice one

Well done McNally. He''s really earning his corn at the moment.

In McNally we trust!

[quote user="Jacko"]Grant Holt: Praises the goals in his time here. Not for sale. If we were forced to sell what is the replacement. Certainly bigger than the budget quoted for the club Lambert is interested in joining. (In short he isnt following him to Villa)[/quote]Might be reading too much into it, but is he basically saying that Holt has handed in a transfer request because he wants to follow Lambert? Seemed a strange way of phrasing things otherwise, but you''re right, he might just be saying Lambert can''t have him.

[quote user="priceyrice"]Just at the end of the interview, McNally was asked about holt, was stating he is not for sale and what an impact he has had here, 3 player of seasons, goals, etc etc, kinda wondered if he was trying to push his price up. he then finished off by saying that the club Lambert is talking to, their budget could not even afford a replacement for holt. So either he''s saying Holt is irreplaceable, or basically Villa aren''t offering Lambert much of  a a player budget[/quote]
Yeah, I heard that too, seemed a bit of a swipe at Villa, which seems to suggest that Lambert does want to take Holt with him.

I believe McNally when he says this, we have no evidence to the contrary and i remember January, Lambert made Bennett his number one target, and the board did their job and bought him in from under the noses of Swansea.i don''t think Lambert is leaving because Norwich can''t go any further, i think villa are offering him more money, and they also have the potential to be bigger than us in the near future, we are a much more long term project. We were never going to be anything more than a stepping stone for Lambert, i thank him for what he''s done but hope he fails at VillaI know i have said it before, but i still think lambert''s agent has a lot to do with his mercenary style,  he''s got the same agent as Sven, as he has shown many times before he can get some stupidly good contracts for his clients.

[quote user="Jacko"]Grant Holt: Praises the goals in his time here. Not for sale. If we were forced to sell what is the replacement. Certainly bigger than the budget quoted for the club Lambert is interested in joining. (In short he isnt following him to Villa)[/quote]

McNally was certainly try to raise the fee in his statement - 70 goals in 3 years - 70 goals in 3 years, 17 last year!  Certainly a bit of a marketing man isn''t he.

Certainly tried to quash many of the rumours on here: - nothing to do with salary caps, nothing to do with not making money available to Paul.  The only reason he''s going is ''cos he wouldn''t let Lambert talk freely to Villa and Lambert handed in resignation to allow this to happen. 

Interesting that the SSN reporter asked whether McNally might allow Paul to come back but McNally completely ignored this. 

[quote user="Canaries Utd"][quote user="AndyCanary"]Said he''s not for sale.. time and time again.."If we were forced into a position that we had to sell him you''d be talking about a huge price".. This was after he went on a monologue talking about how great GH was with all his goals, player of season, captain etc!WOAH.[/quote]drumming up business, nice one[/quote]Agreed - although it was very convincing :)

[quote user="Making Plans"]We''re in safe hands [/quote]
Echo that.
Seeing McNally''s interview has only raised my already considerable admiration for him and the job he has done here.

Sounds like it was a free advert for the sale of Grant TBH.  I guess he is not for sale in the same way that Chris Sutton wasn''t.

Not that i mind..if Holt is unhappy here then no need to try and keep him here against his will. Let''s get players in that want to be here and will give us 100%.

As for Lambert...i still don''t understand what the big draw was at Villa apart from his wages ?

[quote user="Loopzilla"][quote user="Making Plans"]We''re in safe hands [/quote]
Echo that.
Seeing McNally''s interview has only raised my already considerable admiration for him and the job he has done here.
[/quote]Echo that echo lol.

I think the reaction from this board highlights how well McNally done there, everyone seem a little more relaxed and happy. Even if everything he said was a load of cr@p (unlikely) he''s at least stopped fans from topping themselves.

Mc Nally looked absolutely shattered though!!! Must have been a very hectic few days with Lambert and the meeting in Darlington and now Holt!!! The guy is steering us the right way!!! Well done!!!

Feck Grant Holt, put him back in his place! Make him see out the last two years of his contract, in the reserves,  get fat again and end up with his dream of playing for Carlisle back where he came from - lower league obscurity!

[quote user="baldyboy"]Mc Nally looked absolutely shattered though!!! Must have been a very hectic few days with Lambert and the meeting in Darlington and now Holt!!! The guy is steering us the right way!!! Well done!!![/quote]
He may have looked shattered, but the way he was acting was with an air of calm, he was basically saying ''don''t worry Norwich fans, I''ve got your back''.

David McNally you are something else. Thankyou.

Any Managers looking for a change of scene might well have listened to what he had to say and think, best get my agent on the phone to him.

Fantastic.

Looks like you''re staying for now, Grant!

Holt''s really shot himself in the foot with his tweets earlier, he could be hung out to dry if not careful.

If Lambert has promised Holt that he''s going to take him to villa and ''look after'' him, then this clearly is McNally yelling ''Check mate''.